The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

An error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and log in again

cohenaj194b14_ESO
I am having great difficulty getting into the game, I am able to log in get to the character load screen select my character and then after a min of looking at a load screen I get logged out and this message appears "An error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and log in again"

I would say this happens about 19 out of 20 times I try to log in, the thing is every few hours or so I am actually able to log in and play without issue... until I get logged out, or the game crashes or I have to log out. At which point I am forced to repeat the process and its just annoying. I have already run repairs from the launcher two times without any effect.
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here, only today.
    Options
  • cohenaj194b14_ESO
    tech support pretty much gave me an rp email saying they had to talk to the mages guild??? I kid you not.

"Greetings, Adenturer!
    Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

At this time, I am going to send this issue up to the Mage's Guild. Once they have consulted their scrolls, a Mage will contact you as soon as possible to assist you with your issue.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!
    You can find more information about The Elder Scrolls Online on our website and social channels (Facebook, Twitter, and Google+).
    Hail Sithis!

Warm Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team"
    Options
  • templar_von_midgard
    Same here, started 3 hours ago.
    Options
  • mikko.alandereb17_ESO
    I can log in with an alt. But not with main character.
    Options
  • templar_von_midgard
    I just tried to create a new character and got the same random message: "An error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and log in again."
    Options
  • jbaslarub17_ESO
    Anyone get this resolved?
    Zin - The lonely Dragon Knight
    Options
  • hiitskyleb14_ESO
    The exact same thing happened to me starting a few days ago. Sometimes I can even play for a while, but I usually get kicked with the same message when I got to a new zone
    Options
  • templar_von_midgard
    I got this resolved by using WTFast, though I might be just lucky, but played for an hour at least!
    Options
  • ANTI
    ANTI
    Same problem, started happening about 3-4 hours ago. Not even gonna bother contacting CS as I know I will get worthless, possibly asinine responses. I've dealt with them a couple of times already on other issues to my dissatisfaction.

EDIT: Just fixed the issue. I disabled all addons and the game loaded almost instantly. I will continue testing to see which addons it might be.

2nd EDIT: Found the culprit: Esohead/EsoMarkers addon. Game won't load with this addon active, but others work fine. Found a thread that can back this up:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/80477/possible-slow-load-time-solution
    Edited by ANTI on April 17, 2014 9:05AM
    Options
  • Kyopeli
    Kyopeli
    I have got "unknown errors" for some time. Any of my characters can´t "zone" atm and when trying to "zone" to another area unknown error occurs and game kicks me back to login screen. I am using 4G LTE connection and zoning problem disappeared when I forced my internet connection to work only on 3G connection. (needed to do configuration to router). So I think my problem was related to 4G/LTE internet connection and maybe to dynamic IP addressing or to NAT3.
    Options
  • mikko.alandereb17_ESO
    Kyopeli wrote: »
    I have got "unknown errors" for some time. Any of my characters can´t "zone" atm and when trying to "zone" to another area unknown error occurs and game kicks me back to login screen. I am using 4G LTE connection and zoning problem disappeared when I forced my internet connection to work only on 3G connection. (needed to do configuration to router). So I think my problem was related to 4G/LTE internet connection and maybe to dynamic IP addressing or to NAT3.

Finland, Saunalahti ISP? :>
    Options
  • Dovahkin
    Dovahkin
    getting kicked out every 5mins or so anywhere in teh world...
    Options
  • Akil
    Akil
    Soul Shriven
    ANTI, I love you, you saved me man. I disabled ESO Head addon and it worked right aways. Thank you so much I spent 3 days looking for a solution.
    Options
  • nahaloth
    nahaloth
    Count me in as one of the unfortunate, as well. I logged in straight away on my first go, the Prophet tried to send me to Coldharbor. Next thing I see is an inordinately long loading screen followed by this... mess. DC issues are now worse than they were in beta. Did someone screw up and bundle the wrong code into this build, or something?
    Options
  • nahaloth
    nahaloth
    I'd like to add: if this really is a problem with the megaserver being overloaded, why the ambiguous error message? There are definitions for the error codes, and one of them is "server full." I know that many of these games maintain separate servers to manage login and character info. If that is the case, perhaps the login server is overstressed or having connection problems of some kind. Is there some way to see the actual number of logged in players somewhere? I'd like to know just what constitutes a "full" megaserver.
    Options
  • nahaloth
    nahaloth
    Just got an email from a tech support moderator asking for my public IP and approximate time of the issue. There were a lot of replies on the mod's page, all of them with this issue. Maybe they are having problems with certain areas/IPs. Seems they are aware of it, at least, so there should be a fix coming down soon. Just thought I would throw this out there, seeing as how the mods are silent on the issue. They know, now we just need to wait for a fix. Peace!
    Options
  • Sparkleav
    Sparkleav
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having this problem after getting onto the character selection screen only after the latest patch 1.0.5, all was fine last night.
    Options
  • jeffo78
    jeffo78
    I too believe this is a generic error that indicates that the server is full, being that it says to try again in a few minutes. Coding errors don't resolve themselves after waiting a few minutes, server capacity will, because you can assume that at some point enough clients will log off opening up enough resources for others to log in. I think that they would rather not say, "The server is full" specifically because they would probably not want to admit that they are lacking the capacity. Pretty much all MMOs are under-provisioned, just some worse than others.
    Options
  • Strobocop
    Strobocop
    Soul Shriven
    This problem comes from add-on switch them all off and try again
    Options
  • Gigglesnort
    Gigglesnort
    ✭✭✭
    I was having that problem all day as well, I don't use any addons, checked my internet connection at the time I got the error, and I had limited connection. Re-booted my modem/router and didn't have any problems after that
    OIIIIIIIO

Death is only the beginning
    Options
  • madg991prerb18_ESO
    Started getting this error a lot today. Its definately something to do with the servers being full, and particularly if you are trying to log into one of the lowbie areas.
    Vet lvl 1 loads 100%
    Create and new character or load something under lvl 10 and I get the errors....
    Options
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strobocop wrote: »
    This problem comes from add-on switch them all off and try again

I don't use any add ons at all, not a single one, yet for the past 2 days i'm constantly getting "an error has occurred".

I log in, play for about 5 minutes and then "an error has occurred". I've repaired the launcher and that didn't work so I reinstalled the game and that hasn't worked.

It's only been happening the past 2 days, had no problems at all besides the odd Cyrodiil crash before that.

I've had to call it a day. I can't play for longer than 5 minutes and the customer support team here are beyond bad.
    Options
  • Blood_Meridian
    Blood_Meridian
    Soul Shriven
    ANTI wrote: »
    Same problem, started happening about 3-4 hours ago. Not even gonna bother contacting CS as I know I will get worthless, possibly asinine responses. I've dealt with them a couple of times already on other issues to my dissatisfaction.

EDIT: Just fixed the issue. I disabled all addons and the game loaded almost instantly. I will continue testing to see which addons it might be.

2nd EDIT: Found the culprit: Esohead/EsoMarkers addon. Game won't load with this addon active, but others work fine. Found a thread that can back this up:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/80477/possible-slow-load-time-solution

Yep, this fixed it. ESO should be paying you. That'd be better than customer service sending out pointless role-play emails (eww) claiming that the issue is resolved.
    Options
  • verna.harrisonub17_ESO
    I've had this issue going back to beta. I can't find a fix and feel like I've tried everything. I'm not getting any response from emailing tech support. Here is another thread that had quite a few comments. WTFast did not help my issue and I don't run addons. I keep trying to play, but it's rough when I get kicked from the game constantly.
    Options
  • psychounz
    psychounz
    ✭✭✭
    This happened to me last night around 8pm EST NA but only once.

This morning, though, I had a complete crash of ESO as soon as I loaded in Rivenspire.

No idea what happened, though.
    Options
  • SpasticSpringbok
    I am getting this error, since last night. I logged in this morning and...yes still happening. I get to the character screen, tries to load a character and pop back to log in screen, stating the unknown error.
    Options
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    ANTI wrote: »

I have this ESOHEAD in both the Eu and NA client the EU client loads my characters the NA one wont.

However to test your theory I disabled ESOHEAD on the NA and got in finally.

Thank you for this find and posting it

Edited by Arreyanne on April 26, 2014 3:03AM
    Options
  • Drewls
    Drewls
    Theres a million threads about this same thing, this has been happening to me since launch, still no solution, I wanna bet its my wireless since Im using a shared connection and have no way of tampering with the router. Its getting old seeing people say *** like "just disable add-ons"(when most of us have none, we just wanna play the game period.), "disable your firewall, or allow eso", or the famous "close the launcher while running eso". None of those work and are pretty ridiculous to have to do just to play when its a problem on their end. Nothing new has really been discovered by players on this matter, just some fixes work for some but none for most. I remember the original thread and when they closed it, I sent in the "public IP and time it occured" with high hopes that something would be done, possibly during the 3 maintenance days they have a week, but nothing, infact, I think it just got worse for me during the last one. Customer Support doesn't help at all but atleast they try to be fun about taking your money by RPing with you.... or at you... whatever.
    Options
  • Cassandre
    Cassandre
    This is a known problem, happening since launch, and more people are affected with each new maintenance. I personally am unable to go through the loading screen since the 04/20 maintenance, and they told me things bout version files, full uninstall then install, trend micro fault, etc. Nothing works. And after some mails offering fantasy but useless solutions, the client support /playdead.

EDIT : oh god... just tried to ERASE esohead ( instead of only disabling it as i did... ) and it worked.
    Edited by Cassandre on April 26, 2014 8:07AM
    Options
  • verna.harrisonub17_ESO
    @Drewls - I'm not on a wireless connection and it's really bad for me. I've always been plugged in with a cable. I attempted to play for about 3 hours last night and crashed at least 12+ times. Many times when I crash I also get rolled back a bit, which is extremely frustrating. It happened to me last night on a quest that was a pain to complete anyway and I had to re-do it! I don't know why I keep logging in. I really like the game when I can actually stay in for 30-40 min. lol So far, I haven't seen any solutions that work for me and I've tried a ton of stuff.
    Options