Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Possible Slow Load Time Solution

Domdeuce
Domdeuce
Soul Shriven
So for the last 24 hours on top of the Error 209&301 and a full new install. I haven't gotten past Character Selection. Always being booted back to Login after I selected a character and logged in. Loading screen would start then stop spinning with a kick and the message, Error: An Error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and log in again.

The cure shut off all addons. I also realized my load time was just as fast as when the game first came out. So I then went through the addons one by one to see which one kicked me, and the culprit was:

ESOHEAD

After shutting off ESOHEAD and ESOHEAD Markers my game loads extremely quick and with no issues. I'm guessing with every zone the game has to reload some saved variables from addons. A dynamic data collector that is not efficient to the games load will cause issues. Good to know for when I write addons.

TLDR if you have load screen time issues or trouble going from zone to zone, disable addons and test.
  • ANTI
    ANTI
    Thanks for the info. I was getting "An error has occured. Please wait a few minutes and log in again." for the past four hours and disabling Esohead/EsoMarkers fixed it. And man does it load quicker too.
    Options
  • Orama
    Orama
    ✭✭
    i can confirm it aswell. Being trying 2 day now. I disabled eso head and worked superbly.
    Options
  • SpasticSpringbok
    i'll try this now and get back to you!!

EDITED PART

YES it works straight away..cheers OP
    Edited by SpasticSpringbok on April 26, 2014 2:47AM
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    First thing to do with any issue TBH is disable all addons.

Most will give no problem but even when working correctly they can still take up memory and impact perfromance and why it's best to try out your settings and setup first without any, then add them one by one.

Also use an Addon manager like Minion helps to keep them up to date. The latest version of Esohead is Version: 0.1.8.

I use it to gather and post data and don't have any issues myself.
    Edited by Moonraker on April 26, 2014 3:16AM
    Options