The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

remove splash screens

Paithan
Paithan
✭✭
is there a way to remove the splash screens you see every time you start the game?
  • Soliduparrow
    Soliduparrow
    ✭✭✭
    Locate the UserSettings.txt in the document folder, path should be something like C:\Users[name]\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live
    Find the line SET SkipPregameVideos "0" and change the "0" to "1". Then save the file and close it.
    Clicking play on the launcher will now take you instantly to log in screen.
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for asking this question and thanking for the response.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • Paithan
    Paithan
    ✭✭
    thanks much.
  • Paithan
    Paithan
    ✭✭
    damn, that's awesome and loads so much faster, this needs to be pinned imo.
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    This did not work for me. Perhaps something changed.
  • pknecron
    pknecron
    ✭✭✭
    Gillysan wrote: »

Same here

• Harkrider
    Harkrider
    ✭✭✭

Make sure your game is closed before editing the docu.

Also, right-click the docu and set as Read Only to prevent any changes reverting.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Harkrider wrote: »

Make sure your game is closed before editing the docu.

Also, right-click the docu and set as Read Only to prevent any changes reverting.
    This shouldn't be required to lock the file. From testing it doesn't get reset on game quit like some. Also it may cause issues when updating.
  • Athenaac
    Athenaac
    Soul Shriven
    If you are using the EU client/server, be sure to look in the:
    ..\Users\username\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu folder
    and not in the ..\Elder Scrolls Online\live.
    It should work then as it did for me since beta.
  • Kiwi
    Kiwi
    ✭✭✭✭
    just open the install folder and run eso.exe
    make a shortcut for ease
    A large yellow rectangle

• class101
    class101
    ✭✭✭
    Yup I do this here without editing files, pass the correct arguments to eso.exe in a shortcut or in Steam

eso.exe Language.2=en SkipPregameVideos=1
    eso.exe Language.2=fr SkipPregameVideos=1
    eso.exe Language.2=de SkipPregameVideos=1
    Edited by class101 on May 5, 2014 7:48PM
  • bwc.maneke_ESO
    Thank You For This.

For those that say this does not work, Close Your Game, Close the Launcher, Then Edit. Save. Relaunch Launcher.
    Edited by bwc.maneke_ESO on September 3, 2018 1:30PM
    Now watch while i cast this incredibly powerful and fantastically impressive spell!!! -Vanus (The IDAF, do you even lift bro) Galerion
  • blueyonder
    blueyonder
    ✭✭✭
    Still works April 19. I'm really just posting to thank ZOS for making this configurable. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT