The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

No Crow's wood achievements given for bosses

Nighthana
Nighthana
Soul Shriven
Hi,

I just killed the Moonlit Maiden in crow's wood and I got no achievement (I was alone but grouped with 2 friends not connected if that's relevant). Before with 2 friends grouped, we killed several bosses in crow's wood and got no achievement either. The only one we got was the one from Ghyslain.

I guess it is a bug because those achievements worked in the beta.

Thanks for your work.
Edited by Nighthana on April 5, 2014 9:14AM
  • Swampster
    Swampster
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I had the same problem, I did report it in game.. so far nothing but a cut n paste response in my email.
    Swampriel - Nightblade (Archer Build) - Ebonheart Pact - Veteran
    Swampess - DragonKnight - Eboheart Pact - Lowbie Faceroller
  • LadyBravora
    LadyBravora
    ✭✭
    My partner and I can confirm this bug as well. We both played beta and it was working then. Now, when we both go into Crows wood and attack the Moonlit Maiden, she gets the tick and I get nothing. Yesterday when we did the dungeon, we both killed Grizzlehide, and I got the tick for that, while hers is still greyed out.

Perhaps it's something dumb like first or last hit, or some other thing like that, but I hope not. It ought to be ticked for anyone that lands a hit on the boss before it dies.
  • LadyBravora
    LadyBravora
    ✭✭
    My partner and I are still in Crows Wood, and just took out Buron. I got the last hit on Buron and got the tick for it. She got the first hit and did not achieve the tick.

We're going to see if we can do a few more tests, but it might just be based on last hits, which is really dumb, considering this is a public dungeon.
    Edited by LadyBravora on April 6, 2014 8:30AM
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I killed the bear solo, did not get the tick. Something strange is going on down there :(
  • michaelpatrickjonesnub18_ESO
    Achievements aren't working. At least the ones I got never registered.

So who knows how many of them are hooped.
  • AstroCat
    AstroCat
    ✭✭✭
    Me too, killed some of the bosses and no achievements.
  • AstroCat
    AstroCat
    ✭✭✭
    Same here no achievements for Crow's Wood.
  • KiriX
    KiriX
    ✭✭✭
    Confirm
    PC EU
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friends just tried this and had the same issue.
    I managed to get them two nights ago fine which is odd seeing as there were no patches.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Hoylegu
    Hoylegu
    ✭✭✭
    I have killed all the bosses in Crow's Wood, grouped with two of my guildmates, and I have received NO credit for any of the kills. Very frustrating.
  • AstroCat
    AstroCat
    ✭✭✭
    If you have the time make sure to submit a support ticket. The more people that do it the better chance it will get fixed. Thanks.
  • AstroCat
    AstroCat
    ✭✭✭
    Did this ever get fixed? Do you get achievement credit now?
  • Sidney
    Sidney
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did not kill moonlit maiden and mine is marked as complete.
    >.<_____/
    If you want me to read a post aimed at me, please put @Sidney.
    Please give us tail armor and dyeable tail ribbons.
    Click Here -->Support Dyeable Tail Ribbons<---
    All your mats r belong to Khajiit.
    Click Here -->Support Tail Armor<---
  • maurotdo
    maurotdo
    ✭✭
    You have to camp and kill them repeatedly until the game happens to notice and gives you credit.
    Oh wait ...
    Edited by maurotdo on April 21, 2014 10:52PM
  • thatotherguy2789_ESO
    thatotherguy2789_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    You have to do the quests. That is how you get credit.
  • Charwyn
    Charwyn
    ✭✭
    AstroCat wrote: »
    Did this ever get fixed? Do you get achievement credit now?

Yes, it was. I got mine first kill.

You have to actually throw some damage on the boss. One hit could not be enough.

• AstroCat
    AstroCat
    ✭✭✭
    I mean the multiple champion achievements. I got the main one before, it's the other two achievements that didn't work. You wouldn't get any credit for the champions.
  • Anoteros
    Anoteros
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not surprising it's been like this since beta.
    Working as intended /sarcasm
  • Poetic_Undead
    I wasn't getting completion for my kills either, even though I was soloing them. Turns out my daedric minions were getting the last hit, which didn't count. I was able to get past this by banishing them when the boss got to low health, and finishing them off that way. Hope it helps.
    Edited by Poetic_Undead on April 26, 2014 10:44AM
  • AstroCat
    AstroCat
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting, so you got the Champions achievements?
  • bloodwulfe
    Took me about 5 kills per solo in the vet version for credit. Still no luck with Glyslain and soloing him is a nightmare.
    Edited by bloodwulfe on April 26, 2014 2:25PM
  • voltorsfury
    voltorsfury
    ✭✭
    Here tonight, I came to work on champion achievement. Buron, Moonlit Maiden, and Wraithvenom, I found and killed each and got credit, solo though. Waited for grizzlehide in his cave about 30 minutes with no spawn, currently waiting on Shriekscorn now. Will update.
    *edit: found Shreikscorn after posting, and he counted too, even killing him with a group, although I believe I did get the last blow anyway. Unfortunately, it appears I just missed Grizzlehide so will be coming back for him, not waiting again tonight!
    Edited by voltorsfury on April 27, 2014 11:08AM
    @Voltorsfury - GM of Order Of Explorers PvE/PvX guild - Ebonheart Pact
    Mid Sized, Friendly, Active, semi-casual guild! We use TS 3 for events.
  • voltorsfury
    voltorsfury
    ✭✭
    Appending last comment. Went back on my Templar with a friend. They got credit for first 3 kills, and I didn't. Last shot in each time too, so it does seem to be tied to that still. The only boss we each got credit on was Ghyslain, my guess is because it was a standalone achievement.
    @Voltorsfury - GM of Order Of Explorers PvE/PvX guild - Ebonheart Pact
    Mid Sized, Friendly, Active, semi-casual guild! We use TS 3 for events.
  • AstroCat
    AstroCat
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah you need to get last shot on all but the group one. One more to go!
  • Schmackei
    Schmackei
    ✭✭
    After much waiting and killing these Champions today with another person, it turns out that we each only got credit for the champion that we landed the killing blow on. Barun was the worst with a 1 hour spawn timer, have reported the bug in game. Thought I would update you all on this progress.
    SCHMACKEI - < Drunken Baѕtards >
    - The Ebonheart Pact - US
    - Khajiit Nightblade
  • AstroCat
    AstroCat
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I FINALLY got them all, and yes you need to pretty much solo them if you want to make sure to get credit. Seems like a bug to me!
  • Iorail
    Iorail
    ✭✭✭✭
    AstroCat wrote: »
    Yeah I FINALLY got them all, and yes you need to pretty much solo them if you want to make sure to get credit. Seems like a bug to me!

I can confirm this, you have to solo and not be on group at all to work correctly, looks bug.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working as intended.

Bad intent.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Biezenw22eb17_ESO
    sigh... people need to stop auto-assuming that you get an achievement for each dungeon - boss kill.

NEWS FLASH, some dungeons have quests in them (just like crow's wood) and if you finish them you will "clear" the dungeon. as in the dungeon torch symbol will turn into a white symbol instead of a black one. Only if you did all quests and the symbol is still black then yes, its probably an achievement boss kill dungeon clear.
    It's perhaps not common but some dungeons just dont have boss achievements, i can spoil another one for you: reaper's march - vile manse. no boss achievement either, but it does have a few quests.

TLDR, working as intended.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NOT working as intended - Crow's Wood also have mini-bosses which are _not_ part of the questlines for the dungeon's own quests, but which still have their own achievements Connected to them. It is these achievements People aren't getting.