The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

- School daze -

• serenitivesilenceneb18_ESO
    I did it today with the order posted earlier = press 3 south, 2 east, 1 west. Then crocodile spawns and quest is done. Couldn't see the orbs but this order really works!
  • tonyb16_ESO17
    tonyb16_ESO17
    ✭✭
    I was busy reading this thread when I realised the croc had appeared. By the time i aimed a shot it was dead!
  • Mackeh
    Mackeh
    ✭✭
    Still broken for me.
  • GLaDOS
    GLaDOS
    ✭✭✭
    I sat around and waited for the croc to spawn since people were running around hitting orbs like monkeys. I helped kill it and got credit. :)
    Still alive.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i've been trying this for hours. the NPC talks about one book that doesn't exist, so, i tried the tips i read here, but nothing works. i'm not understanding the point of this quest.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got it to work for me, followed the hints I found on ESOhead. Reset the quest and immediately go to the NPC and do the following, East x2, West x1, South x3. Got the croc to spawn no problem. The visuals for the pillars don't change currently which necessitates the need to reset the quest.

i couldn't find a way to "reset the quest", so i decided to abandon the quest and restart it, but now i'm not able to find a way to start it again. does this means that when a quest is abandoned i'll never be able to restart it? :(
  • elrond2002
    elrond2002
    Soul Shriven
    how can you even see what it is set to? I 'operate' the sphere but nothing changes. And yes there are like a dozen people putzing with the spheres
  • Dryadesque
    Have been trying to get this done for a week. Today just sat back and waited for ppl to finally leave it alone enough to get it done then helped kill the boss to get the credit. Can you not instance it or something? Just does not work with lots of players trying to do it all at once.
  • Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very odd bug...

VR2. So, zone chat was already stating this is bugged right before I picked it up. So I get there, read the riddle, and go to interact with an orb, and nothing changes what-so-ever. No colors, or sound, nothing.

So, I'm reading this thread, then pop back into game and see some dude running around touching these orbs like they are someone's silly bits. Sure enough, croc spawned.

Perhaps being a VR zone, with only like 3 or 4 of us there, no one was messing with them and it was able to get done. This one dude was able to make it work though, but nothing for me, and the other people just stood there until croc popped. So it seems some bugs affect some players and others are fine...
    "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
  • Hexcaliber
    Hexcaliber
    ✭✭✭
    More broken crap, who in the hell at ZO thought it would be acceptable to launch with so many broken quests.
    Edited by Hexcaliber on April 24, 2014 10:28PM
    Regards Hexcaliber.
  • recklessxlove
    recklessxlove
    Soul Shriven
    lol @ people saying others stop them from completing the quest, its a solo quest, no matter how many people touch the symbols it only changes it for them.
    Do as the other guy said earlier, 1 west, 2 east, 3 south. and the crocodile should spawn. nice and easy

Worked for me!
  • Pogec
    Pogec
    Yea, the quest works, it just has bugged visuals. If you've been running around clicking the spheres randomly, you need to abandon the quest first, take it again and then click the west sphere 1x, east 2x, south 3x, ignore north, that way you spawn a croc, kill it and it's done.
  • Genev
    Genev
    ✭✭
    Pogec wrote: »
    Yea, the quest works, it just has bugged visuals. If you've been running around clicking the spheres randomly, you need to abandon the quest first, take it again and then click the west sphere 1x, east 2x, south 3x, ignore north, that way you spawn a croc, kill it and it's done.
    Worked like a charm
  • Zikai_Enakis
    Zikai_Enakis
    ✭✭
    The dumbest thing is, I did this quest on my main character successfully at launch. The symbols actually changed when I pressed them and I was able to complete this quest with my leveling group.

Now I come back a few weeks later on my alt, and this quest is broken. Jeez.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did it today with the order posted earlier = press 3 south, 2 east, 1 west. Then crocodile spawns and quest is done. Couldn't see the orbs but this order really works!

Confirm that this seems to be the only way to get through this quest until they fix the orbs.
  • Pogec
    Pogec
    Unfortunately programing usually works something like this:

• Dethcannon3
    Dethcannon3
    Soul Shriven
    I just completed the quest using the 1x West, 2x East, 3x South.... but randomly I decided to hit North just to see if anything would happen and after doing so the croc appeared. It was only me and one other guy taking turns with the spheres.

1 x West
    2 x East
    3 x South
    1 x North

Give it a shot.
  • Riny01
    Riny01
    ✭✭✭
    Finally someone made the croc appear & we all killed it, if only it had been a bit easier to do on your own.
  • lucablue
    lucablue
    ✭✭

But what you mean with 1x, 2x? I need to click it once, twice and so on? Or it's just the order ?
  • lincolnparkjokb14_ESO
    lincolnparkjokb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Seems to be bugged atm.
    N — Sun (yellow)
    E — Star (blue)
    S — Crescent (light blue)
    W — Full Moon (red)
    i'm reading this in that quest obeject book and was in beta the combo.

Thanks for this info. I still can't see the orbs change, but by following this order was able to simply finish the quest.
    1. Abandon quest, log out and re-log in
    2. Get quest again, speak with Telvas, then..
    3. click south pedestal 3 times
    4. click east pedestal 2 times
    5. click west pedestal once
    6. kill croc

Thank you again for this..this quest was irritating

• JJDrakken
    JJDrakken
    ✭✭✭
    LOL, Ya'll are welcome. I've been tell you all that sequence in game for ages now. (As either Darkmire or Meatshield Trapfinder).
    Leader of Oblivion Crisis. Bunch of Daedric Worshiping MF's. We'll Bang Ok.
  • vencibushy
    vencibushy
    ✭✭
    The guy who came up with the quest ought to be tied-up to a chair and beaten up with a heavy mining equipment.

:#
  • bjoernemann
    bjoernemann
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for this info. I still can't see the orbs change, but by following this order was able to simply finish the quest.
    1. Abandon quest, log out and re-log in
    2. Get quest again, speak with Telvas, then..
    3. click south pedestal 3 times
    4. click east pedestal 2 times
    5. click west pedestal once
    6. kill croc

Thank you again for this..this quest was irritating

worked for me! Thanks a lot!
  • karstenb16_ESO7
    karstenb16_ESO7
    ✭✭✭
    Akyashaa wrote: »
    The images for the orbs seem to be glitched and not showing the change when you use them.
    Try this, abandon and restart the quest. Go straight to the NPC at the lake, talk to him, grab the book then do this: Click WEST 1 time, click EAST 2 times and click SOUTH 3 times and don't touch NORTH. The crocodile spawned no problem this way and it doesn't matter who else clicks them. Quest worked just fine this way :) Hope it helps!

Confirmed May/03/2014 this worked for me even with a dozen people running around clicking and people yelling at each other.
    The important part might be to first talk to the NPC and then pick up the book. The other way aorund didn't work for me earlier.
  • Shanna
    Shanna
    ✭✭✭
    Akyashaa wrote: »
    The images for the orbs seem to be glitched and not showing the change when you use them.
    Try this, abandon and restart the quest. Go straight to the NPC at the lake, talk to him, grab the book then do this: Click WEST 1 time, click EAST 2 times and click SOUTH 3 times and don't touch NORTH. The crocodile spawned no problem this way and it doesn't matter who else clicks them. Quest worked just fine this way :) Hope it helps!

confirmed this works as of 5/3. Thanks!

This is all part of the game.
  • aidevelopmentb16_ESO
    They don't even change color or shape for me, all just stay the same, no matter how many times I click em, or which order.

This.

@CatoTheElder
    Moon Sugar Traders Inc - GM
    Guild Website
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    i had great fun on this quest , just go do something else until no players around then do it
  • aidevelopmentb16_ESO
    Oh god, lmao. That is exactly how it goes, except there is usually monitor throwing and keyboard smashing after the last line. =D
    Unfortunately programing usually works something like this:

@CatoTheElder
    Moon Sugar Traders Inc - GM
    Guild Website
  • yiasemi
    yiasemi
    ✭✭✭✭
    i had great fun on this quest , just go do something else until no players around then do it
    I read this thread, waited till just before server shutdown and there were only the two big Nords trying to do it, who gave up and started crying into their handbags, then quick as a flash stopped pretending to be an NPC fishing (yeah I know, crafty crafting eh) and pressed the sequence as mentioned above. Worked a charm, though the two big sulkers almost missed out on the crocodile so rapt were they in their inventory, presumably reading the riddle. Enjoyed that one, I wonder what those guys playing thought.

• SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    I was able to complete this a few days ago by using the workaround found in this thread. Clicking west, east, and south for those specific amount of clicks did spawn the gator.