The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

- School daze -

• Davorn
    Davorn
    ✭✭
    Still bugged for me. If i see more than one player there, I'll probably just skip it till early morning and try again.
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not working for me, even if I'm alone.
  • Dega
    Dega
    Soul Shriven
    The podiums do nothing when I interact with them.
  • cubansyrusb16_ESO
    cubansyrusb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Dovel wrote: »
    Please change the riddle of the pond part or make it player only, have you ever tried to control 30 players that either don't speak English or just ramdomly press stuff ?

This has to be player only or this quest will never be done unless people co-operate ....... really it is was not a great idea for everyone to share these type of quests.

The order of the podiums
    N — Sun (yellow)
    E — Star (blue)
    S — Crescent (light blue)
    W — Full Moon (red)

credit for posting the order: Bollerlotte

Quest As of 15/04/2014 is broken again

Thanks all who commented

That isn't the correct order though.

The book says North, West, East and then South.

Corrected the order after personally checking again, thank you for pointing it out.

Quest still not working, ingame /bug posted aswell.
  • vahadar
    vahadar
    Still not working doind the book order (or trying others) when no one else is clicking the sphere as i'm doing it
  • ariella321
    From what some people said in zone chat yesterday, the orbs are supposed to change to different shapes when you interact with them. Unfortunately, it also sounds like very few people can see the changes.

I can't see any of those changes, either. And I also had the quest drop out of my journal like another person mentioned.
  • Rhythm
    Rhythm
    ✭✭
    Appears bugged for me, attempted it twice, nothing changes with the spheres. Tried with noone else touching them. I destroyed the book once and it dropped quest, nothing seems to work. Relogged multiple times to no avail.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didnt have the quest drop but I lost progress on it. The other two students needed my help again.
  • KILMAIM
    KILMAIM
    ✭✭
    Been trying to complete this quest for two days. I can talk with the NPC. I have the quest, but the spheres don't change when I interact with them.
  • Anzaman
    Anzaman
    ✭✭✭
    So I wonder how many comments it takes to get a response? Even a post saying we have seen this and working on it would be nice
    IN-PROGRESS KNOWN ISSUES

Quests
    Below are some of quests that we have identified specific issues with, and are working on fixes for. We'll push the fixes live in a future patch as soon as they're ready.
    • School Daze
    Nilene Nightsky - Healer Warden
    Niomia Nightsky - Stamina Nightblade
    Ebonheart Pact (EU) Veteran: 10 - CP: 101
  • fiachsidhe
    fiachsidhe
    ✭✭✭
    None of the pillars change at all when clicked. Fun.
    Edited by fiachsidhe on April 18, 2014 12:07AM
    Don't have an intelligent argument? Just LOL a post!

Dire Crow - Ebonheart Pact - Dunmer Nightblade
  • dwaightb16_ESO
    some people told me they are able to do it after a while.
  • Gildren
    Gildren
    ✭✭
    as of 04-17-14 9:25pm EST this quest is still impossible to complete. Please fix it so that it does not matter what other players do.
    - Gildren Arconess Cissack
  • doniecmb16_ESO
    doniecmb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    The stupidest and most annoying quest so far...
  • Killershrek78
    is this ever going to get fixed :(
  • Saltypretzels
    Saltypretzels
    ✭✭✭✭
    I attempted this quest at 6:30 am Eastern time zone. No one was around and it still didn't work. The pillars don't change at all if you use them.
  • Solo18
    Solo18
    pillars do not change shapes , and I see no colors. Relogged , no change.
  • Dovel
    Dovel
    ✭✭✭
    Today, after the patch, I just did the quest and was able to complete it.
  • kylewhiteb16_ESO
    It's still bugged for me, I didn't drop/re-do the quest from scratch - however if we all stood in the middle of the pond; and one person (who didn't encounter the glitch) did their thing with the pillars (although it looked like nothing was happening for me and my party); it would eventually summon the crocodile; which if we all hit it at least once it counted for the quest.

Still needs work; definitely an issue with the instancing of the quest/player.
  • kotenkereb17_ESO
    kotenkereb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I Finish it! At first - restart quest, then go to a lake and click to the cristal: 2 click on east, 1 click on west and 3 click on south. Then in the lake appear crocodile, kill him and quest finish. Source here http://esohead.com/quests/3903-school-daze
    Edited by kotenkereb17_ESO on April 19, 2014 6:34AM
  • RamzaBehoulve
    RamzaBehoulve
    ✭✭
    Working fine, even with 10-15 people. I told everyone to stop, reseted quest and did it.
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This quest is still broken and griefers and low experienced players and ones who won't cooperate make this quest impossible.

Other players shouldn't be able to prevent me from completing this quest in a PVE zone. I wouldn't mind in PVP where I can just kill them. This is PVE.

Within; Without.
  • legacy-of-meub17_ESO
    legacy-of-meub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    lol @ people saying others stop them from completing the quest, its a solo quest, no matter how many people touch the symbols it only changes it for them.
    Do as the other guy said earlier, 1 west, 2 east, 3 south. and the crocodile should spawn. nice and easy
  • Akyashaa
    Akyashaa
    Soul Shriven
    EDIT: to the guy above my post, sorry I just saw your post after I hit enter haha!

The images for the orbs seem to be glitched and not showing the change when you use them.
    Try this, abandon and restart the quest. Go straight to the NPC at the lake, talk to him, grab the book then do this: Click WEST 1 time, click EAST 2 times and click SOUTH 3 times and don't touch NORTH. The crocodile spawned no problem this way and it doesn't matter who else clicks them. Quest worked just fine this way :) Hope it helps!
    Edited by Akyashaa on April 20, 2014 9:52AM
  • fantom
    fantom
    Akyashaa wrote: »
    Try this, abandon and restart the quest. Go straight to the NPC at the lake, talk to him, grab the book then do this: Click WEST 1 time, click EAST 2 times and click SOUTH 3 times and don't touch NORTH. The crocodile spawned no problem this way and it doesn't matter who else clicks them. Quest worked just fine this way :) Hope it helps!

Confirmed this worked for me (Veteran rank).
    Edited by fantom on April 20, 2014 4:41PM
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not phased to each person. Never was. Not sure where you got that idea.

I just waited for someone else to manage to summon it.
  • Si_O_Si
    Si_O_Si
    Soul Shriven
    Just confirmed that it's still bugged, and still doable - the graphics on the pillars won't change, but the order posted is correct and will summon the crocodile, and others clicking did not disrupt this.
  • Valtaya
    Valtaya
    Soul Shriven
    I wonder if this geniuses at Zenimax ever tried their own game, like every second quest is bugged to oblivion and back
  • Kurgan52782
    Kurgan52782
    Soul Shriven
    Just got it to work for me, followed the hints I found on ESOhead. Reset the quest and immediately go to the NPC and do the following, East x2, West x1, South x3. Got the croc to spawn no problem. The visuals for the pillars don't change currently which necessitates the need to reset the quest.
  • Intuix
    Intuix
    So up till today, 22/04/14 it still is bugged and one has to have a bit of luck; either it works for you or not?