The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

1.6 Shield stacking, infinity Ressources

Soulac
Soulac
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Well here you go, just skip the Record problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjv8L40w7a8
R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

Bare in mind im a NB This is 1 shield.
    I have healing ward if I get low.
    DK/sorc/templar can do this but even stronger because they have a shield.
    Shield stacking is powerful... and magicka DPS is just weak
  • XEVENEX
    XEVENEX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Knock him down FFS. This doesn't mean anything.

Edit because false information:
    Bottom line is these two dudes are dealing ***-poor magic damage while feeding him magicka through harness magicka to get the results that they want you to see.

I did far, far more damage to him solo, breaking his shield on multiple occasions. He was struggling to keep up and only did so because he is an excellent player.

This is a terrible example on so many levels.
    Edited by XEVENEX on January 29, 2015 7:36PM
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i feel like they have gone overboard and made stamina so strong and magicka so crap xD thats the impression i am getting from what i have experienced in the pts.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    XEVENEX wrote: »

This is a test, not a duel.
    He could hold up immovable without any problem, no Stun possible.
    This test only includes Harness Magicka, but as u hopefully know there are more shields and he could use them.

He was at 100% Magicka the whole duel, dmg him is possible for a short duration if u Stun him, but he can go full health in a matter of seconds, thanks to this crap.

- Meow -
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your right but the it shows how I can tank that must damage using 1 shield + having 100% magicka the whole time :/
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whether this gets fixed pretty much determines if I'll keep playing this game in the coming months.

The expectations aren't high :disappointed:
    Edited by DDuke on January 29, 2015 3:02PM
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Whether this gets fixed pretty much determines if I'll keep playing this game in the coming months.

sad part is... the DPS is not enough magicka feels weak...
    shields are soo strong also.
    also they could knock me down but I have 40% stam recovery soo if I just CC break and never block I cant die...
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Araxleon wrote: »

also they could knock me down but I have 40% stam recovery soo if I just CC break and never block I cant die...

I don't know why ZOS keeps doing the exact opposite most players want:

TTK is too low, people die in <0,1 seconds. What does ZOS do?
    Reduces health.

Shield/Heal spam is everywhere in PvP. What does ZOS do?
    Makes it even stronger (and more shields).

Atleast the permablocking is somewhat limited now that it costs a lot more (without Champion Points), but I can't really find much else that would positively affect PvP :/
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    granted this is only harness though. You could use the stamina morphs of the abilities to deal damage past that shield yes? It is a problem for pure casters however.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »
    granted this is only harness though. You could use the stamina morphs of the abilities to deal damage past that shield yes? It is a problem for pure casters however.

my magicka regen is insane I could spam healing ward forever and live.
    If your a sorc/DK/templar you can spam your class shield
  • XEVENEX
    XEVENEX
    ✭✭✭✭

Your right but the it shows how I can tank that must damage using 1 shield + having 100% magicka the whole time :/

Araxleon you're a very skilled PvP player and it's compounded by the fact that you're sporting some of the best gear in the game (5 piece vr12 Warlock). You're also using Harness Magicka vs magic damage. Of course your magicka is infinite. The problem is that they are not putting out enough dps, not knocking you down, and dealing only magic damage.
    Edited by XEVENEX on January 29, 2015 3:16PM
  • Terminus
    Terminus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a test, not a duel.
    He could hold up immovable without any problem, no Stun possible.
    This test only includes Harness Magicka, but as u hopefully know there are more shields and he could use them.

He was at 100% Magicka the whole duel, dmg him is possible for a short duration if u Stun him, but he can go full health in a matter of seconds, thanks to this crap.

The purpose was to demonstrate that the ability can regenerate itself to the point where it can be used infinitely;
    and you demonstrated that.

Nice job, thanks for sharing the video so it can be fixed!
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Reduces health.

Atleast the permablocking is somewhat limited now that it costs a lot more (without Champion Points), but I can't really find much else that would positively affect PvP :/

I don´t know what you want ppl to do.

"plz, plz, no shields so i can gank moar!!!"

Your always saying ppl don´t want shields and heal spamming but i´ve yet to see evidence of that claim. You don´t want shield and heal spam.

Bare in mind im a NB This is 1 shield.
    I have healing ward if I get low.
    DK/sorc/templar can do this but even stronger because they have a shield.
    Shield stacking is powerful... and magicka DPS is just weak

This has always been possible on live. If a player focuses only on casting shields you wont kill him without cc. I don´t see the problem really.
    Edited by Derra on January 29, 2015 3:20PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Araxleon you're a very skilled PvP player and it's compounded by the fact that you're sporting some of the best gear in the game (5 piece vr12 Warlock). The problem is that they are not putting out enough dps, not the shield, IMO. DPS seems low overall.

I know Araxleon is a good player, but what he's doing in this video requires absolutely zero skill :smiley:

It shouldn't be possible to tank two people like that & remain at 100% magicka while they go completely out of magicka, that's just stupid.

I'd like to see this tested with other class shields and against stamina builds. I have a feeling it's just as broken.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Reduces health.

Your always saying ppl don´t want shields and heal spamming but i´ve yet to see evidence of that claim. You don´t want shield and heal spam.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/143759/would-you-like-dmg-shields-heals-to-become-more-or-less-prevalent-in-pvp

And if you think they bring build diversity to PvP...

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/144002/do-you-have-a-heal-or-a-dmg-shield-slotted-on-your-hotbar
  • XEVENEX
    XEVENEX
    ✭✭✭✭
    He's using Harness Magicka vs magic damage with vr12 warlock and who knows what else. He's being allowed to stand there and spam it. Of course his magicka is infinite. Of course his shield is infinite.

Shields might indeed need to be looked at but dont make bad arguments for it.
    Edited by XEVENEX on January 29, 2015 3:22PM
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »
    i feel like they have gone overboard and made stamina so strong and magicka so crap xD thats the impression i am getting from what i have experienced in the pts.

If it helps it doesn't feel that way from the stamina side - I think they just succeeded in making everyone feel weaker than they were.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shields need to grant ultimate. currently if you light staff attack shield stackers (just like live w/ crit a year later ....) you can't initiate the ultimate gain hor minor heroism.

one on one this creates an obvious imbalance in mitigation vs shields. If someone maintains shields they will gain ulti precipitously faster.
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is part of the dps problem here that skills like surprise attack are now being mitigated by spell resist as opposed to armour? Also, being EU you haven't got your full character abilities with leveled skills and top gear, how much of a difference would that have made?
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Reduces health.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/143759/would-you-like-dmg-shields-heals-to-become-more-or-less-prevalent-in-pvp

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/144002/do-you-have-a-heal-or-a-dmg-shield-slotted-on-your-hotbar

I would not take a 58 ppl vote as representative for the whole pvp playerbase. The wording of the whole vote is pretty biased by your personal opinion(no option "its fine as it is" REALLY?!?) too so i´d rather have some real evidence of your claims, thanks in advance.
    Edit2: Actually that poll contradicts your point. You gave away your opinion with 1 vote answer. The vote is 53:47 pro shields or the status quo.

If you think 3 to 4 skills dedicated to defense that being shields or heals (so 40% of your skills) contradict build diversity i don´t know what to say.
    No build diversity has other reasons than heals and dmg shields (mostly 70% of the skills being absolute bull****).

What do you want people to do to stay alive?

Edit: If you don´t want people to heal and stuff - why don´t you play guildwars2 - went pretty well the whole no heal system over there.
    Edited by Derra on January 29, 2015 3:50PM
    <Noricum>

• Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

How do you like my 80,000+ point shield stacks?
  • XEVENEX
    XEVENEX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi. Hyperbole much?
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    btw warlock never proc'd.
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay easy for everyone here.
    The costs for spells on the pts is changed for every skill, every single one.
    Basicly i DON´T even need Seducer, Warlock or something, i just go for the cost reduce Passive and Cost Reduce on Glyphs, other enchants are *** anyway.

My Funnel Health costs 405, my Veiled Strike 1300 and my Magicka Reg is 1800!
    I can hold up shields and DPS forever, i can hold up Immovable forever.

All i need to do in the following fights is Harness and Immovable, no one will kill me.
    He´s using Stamina Ability? Well there is Bone Shield, the cost isn´t that high.

My Veiled Strike with around 28k Magicka and 1.6k Spelldmg deals around 4k DMG, but my enemy is able to spam shields to achieve over 20k! Shields, that will end in an endless fight, even if i stun them.
    The base Stam reg and Potions are enough to break any stun u get, so well what do you do?
    Stun me and Attack me? Well i got Harness and Healing Ward or i could stun u.

Infinity Ressources is NOT good for the game.

- Meow -
  • Feidam
    Feidam
    ✭✭✭
    The armor buffs need to be tied to wearing 5 pcs of that armor. Everyone running around with immovable is crazy. Immovable also needs a much higher cost. You should not be able to essentially be immune to CC. If you could lock him down even a little those shields wouldn't be so strong.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Reduces health.

I would not take a 58 ppl vote as representative for the whole pvp playerbase. The wording of the whole vote is pretty biased by your personal opinion(no option "its fine as it is" REALLY?!?) too so i´d rather have some real evidence of your claims, thanks in advance.
    Edit2: Actually that poll contradicts your point. You gave away your opinion with 1 vote answer. The vote is 53:47 pro shields or the status quo.

If you think 3 to 4 skills dedicated to defense that being shields or heals (so 40% of your skills) contradict build diversity i don´t know what to say.
    No build diversity has other reasons than heals and dmg shields (mostly 70% of the skills being absolute bull****).

What do you want people to do to stay alive?

Edit: If you don´t want people to heal and stuff - why don´t you play guildwars2 - went pretty well the whole no heal system over there.

Why don't you play games like WoW, where people can be pure DPS, pure healer, pure tank, hybrid healer/dps, hybrid tank/dps, hybrid healer/tank, instead of just the "tank healer dps" you're supposed to be in ESO?

I'm not saying heals/dmg shields shouldn't exist, I'm saying they shouldn't be "must have" skills that grant you immunity for the duration you have magicka/stamina.

As for my poll, you are free to conduct your own if mine doesn't please you.
    My poll was a simple "Yes" "No" "Other" poll.
    Edited by DDuke on January 29, 2015 3:54PM
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi. Hyperbole much?

It's not at hyperbole at all. The fact you think it's hyperbole means that you understand little of how the mechanics of the game work and the changes that 1.6 has made. :)

GG. Have fun out there.

PS Screenshot below. I swapped and upgraded some of my armor to legendary quality and it's popped me over 90k shield strength. I expect you to swiftly change that "LOL" to an "Awesome". Thanks!

hST1Nf5.png
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's using Harness Magicka vs magic damage with vr12 warlock and who knows what else

Good point.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And this people, is what happens if 1.6 goes live.
    Everyone shield stacking like hell, even more than they already do.
    Stuns are useless, you won´t even deal damage anyway.

The change to costs, to stats and skills is just crap.

- Meow -
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay easy for everyone here.
    The costs for spells on the pts is changed for every skill, every single one.
    Basicly i DON´T even need Seducer, Warlock or something, i just go for the cost reduce Passive and Cost Reduce on Glyphs, other enchants are *** anyway.

My Funnel Health costs 405, my Veiled Strike 1300 and my Magicka Reg is 1800!
    I can hold up shields and DPS forever, i can hold up Immovable forever.

All i need to do in the following fights is Harness and Immovable, no one will kill me.
    He´s using Stamina Ability? Well there is Bone Shield, the cost isn´t that high.

My Veiled Strike with around 28k Magicka and 1.6k Spelldmg deals around 4k DMG, but my enemy is able to spam shields to achieve over 20k! Shields, that will end in an endless fight, even if i stun them.
    The base Stam reg and Potions are enough to break any stun u get, so well what do you do?
    Stun me and Attack me? Well i got Harness and Healing Ward or i could stun u.

Infinity Ressources is NOT good for the game.

Just to put this into perspective with 7 light armor and 3x cost reduce jewelry on sorc:

1890 hardened ward, 2200 CF, 1000 mages fury, 1900 streak(first cast), 1600 curse, entropy 500 (cheapest spell by far), 4000 mines, 2500 encase

In comparison the nightblades costs seem a tad low for my taste. Are you sure that the funnel health and veiled strike costs are working as intended?
    Edited by Derra on January 29, 2015 4:02PM
    <Noricum>