The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Update 1.5.3 now?

WeerW3ir
WeerW3ir
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello i have an interesting problem. My game just updated himself to 1.5.3 now and i cannot login. This is an interesting problem, because thats not supposed to be happen.

UCug4PV.jpg
Edited by WeerW3ir on November 9, 2014 9:25AM
  • RieXan
    RieXan
    Soul Shriven
    The same happened to my girlfriend and me :-/
    Edited by RieXan on November 9, 2014 9:14AM
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Cheked and I have an update too.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • Faurbauste
    Faurbauste
    Soul Shriven
    Same thing happen to me, and now it says unknown game version and rapair dosnt Work..
  • Goresnort
    Goresnort
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue. Got an update when logging in, and now the game Client is detected as 'Invalid or Outdated'. Running a Client repair does not resolve the issue, and effectivly login to the game is denied.
    Edited by Goresnort on November 9, 2014 9:17AM
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, me too. I keep repairing over and over and over... Yeah, you get the idea. :p
    PC EU
  • RAZORNZL
    RAZORNZL
    ✭✭
    They are making this game so hard to love..There is always something.
  • Soliquid
    Soliquid
    well, is there at least someone connected to the game this morning?
    Beta testeur non rémunéré
  • Ganry
    Ganry
    Soul Shriven
    same problem here
  • mad.ferretb16_ESO
    I also have the same issue.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep - CS thread here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/139148/client-has-installed-a-post-1-5-update-patch-and-client-invalid-or-out-dated

Seems they pushed a client patch earlier but might not have let the server know.

Apparently if you have not yet had the update launching directly via eso.exe will get you in with the unpatched version.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Raapnaap
    Raapnaap
    ✭✭
    They made VR levelling even faster than in 1.5.2, by making you unable to log into the game entirely.

Thanks ZOS.
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops, I started a thread on a similar subject without seeing this one. I will leave mine up as it's more about there being no patch notes. (Before noticing I can't log in, that is).

The OP of that thread now contains info on what (probably) happened and what to do if you haven't downloaded the patch yet:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/139156/invalid-version-error-patch-1-5-3-accidental-release-live-server-still-running-1-5-2-eu
    Edited by Rodario on November 9, 2014 11:47AM
    Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
    {EU/DC}
  • Starglitch
    Starglitch
    Soul Shriven
    Yup same here, installed new small patch and getting error after log in.
  • Gemmahannerb16_ESO
    Gemmahannerb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Sam here
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soliquid wrote: »

My gf is online atm in game i get the update now so i will see if i can get in or not.

I will keep you update

Well i just complete update and i got same message that it was problem and need to repair game :neutral_face:
    Edited by Wolfshead on November 9, 2014 9:31AM
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • Kaiyanwan
    Kaiyanwan
    ✭✭
    Sam here

Nice to meet you Sam! ^^

Sorry, couldn't resist.
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect the servers are actually down and the patch got released for download before the servers were up.

Did they give any notice that there would be a maintenance today?

Did they accidentally release the patch without maintenance and now those of us who downloaded it get an invalid version error because the live game is still supposed to be 1.5.2?
    {EU/DC}
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfshead wrote: »
    Soliquid wrote: »

My gf is online atm in game i get the update now so i will see if i can get in or not.

I will keep you update

Well i just complete update and i got same message that it was problem and need to repair game :neutral_face:

I was online when the game freezed. After that the patch came. So if you stay online then you can play.

Edited by WeerW3ir on November 9, 2014 9:33AM
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rodario wrote: »
    I suspect the servers are actually down and the patch got released for download before the servers were up.

Did they accidentally release the patch without maintenance and now those of us who downloaded it get an invalid version error because the live game is still supposed to be 1.5.2?

How come that my gf can get into game and she sit next to me and i cant i need to repair my game?
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

<--- this would be my best guess. Clients patched but servers not yet done. Guess we might get 1.5.3 before the US this time :)

Or 2 days offline :(
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfshead wrote: »

How come that my gf can get into game and she sit next to me and i cant i need to repair my game?

Did she not update the game? If so, that would indicate the accidental patch release theory might actually be true.
    {EU/DC}
  • AnubisRe
    AnubisRe
    ✭✭✭
    Also got 1.5.3 as update. Client does not work anymore because the server is still 1.5.2. Great work! -.-' I guess we get an early maintenance.
  • Srau
    Srau
    Soul Shriven
    I have to admit, with this one you've managed to beat your sister corp Bethsoft record with their flying backward dragons patch.
    Great job, i applause, it was no small feat.
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭

<--- this would be my best guess. Clients patched but servers not yet done. Guess we might get 1.5.3 before the US this time :)

Have fate my young one :smiley: to bad the don't have EU support team for if the did have the could easy have fix the problem so i guess we will have wait maybe it will work this evening for us here in EU :neutral_face:

• Michaeljdaveyb16_ESO
    Same, @ZOS_GinaBruno‌, any info on what this patch is for or if intended?

regards!
    Edited by Michaeljdaveyb16_ESO on November 9, 2014 9:37AM
    "A man is only as great as the beard that wears him" - Sai Sahan
  • julie404
    julie404
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah cheers I have the same problem.
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope no...

• Welka
    Welka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

regards!

Is Gina in EU? Don't think so. What time is it in the US? 1 or 2am?

If she's up at that time, I guess she's a bigger geek than me :P
  • Emeliana
    Emeliana
    ✭✭✭
    Still on 1.5.2.1076342 here. NA-server.
  • Kaiyanwan
    Kaiyanwan
    ✭✭
    Welka wrote: »

regards!

Is Gina in EU? Don't think so. What time is it in the US? 1 or 2am?

If she's up at that time, I guess she's a bigger geek than me :P

She is probably up - partying all night! :D