The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[PSA] How To Get Almost All Your Add-on Setting Menus to Work With 1.5

Dominoid
Dominoid
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
The vast majority of add-on issues are with their setting menus. Most of them use the add-on library LibAddonMenu. If they are newer, they are most likely running version 2.0 but if they are older they may still be running 1.0. Please use the procedures below to get yourself up and running.

For Add-ons that have their settings under - SETTINGS and then ADDON SETTINGS you should install LibAddonMenu add-on version 2.0 R16 as a stand alone add-on. Please use this link or install it through Minion:

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info7-LibAddonMenu.html

This will override all the old and outdated versions running in all your add-ons and will fix most of your problems.

However if you have an older add-on that hasn't been updated in a while and it has its own settings menu under Settings, please download this file and place the contents in your add-on folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/47nx7zoitbgpmqt/LibAddonMenu-1.0-r10.zip

This file is provided by Garkin and is a re-worked version of LibAddonMenu 1.0. This will have the same effect as above and will override the outdated versions running in you add-on folders.

If you use any of Harven's awesome add-ons, we currently have to wait for Harven to update his add-ons as he uses a custom-built setting menu API. please note that his add-ons continue to function correctly, you simply can't adjust any of the settings.

Edit: Garkin has provided an updated version of Harven's Addon Settings:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4jmzrekncbkfvtn/LibHarvensAddonSettings-1.0.5-for_Update5.zip

You should also check out Garkin's Awseome Compatibility Add-ons:
Compatibility Tool For Update 5
LMP Removed Fonts

This should help with 95% of your add-on issues. Problems not related to the add-on settings menu will need to be adjusted by the add-on authors or someone kind enough to take up their cause if they have moved on.
Edited by Dominoid on November 3, 2014 9:55PM
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I Bookmarked/Starred this one. Trying it out now.
  • indigoblades
    indigoblades
    ✭✭✭
    Thank YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is very helpful. i will give the addon authers a few days to update there addons for version 1.5. I use few orphan'd addons which are very simple so this will work wonders for those & my only recourse in such cases.
  • Blo0dstorm
    Blo0dstorm
    ✭✭✭
    Ty so much.
    That saved my day B)
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worked, thanks :)
  • GamerzElite
    GamerzElite
    ✭✭✭
    Great.. but patch still downloading at 80kbps :'( (Having 8Mbps Stable line)
    Edited by GamerzElite on November 4, 2014 7:41PM
    . . . .., . ., Looking for PVX Guild in EP/DC
    Warden: GEonWAR (DC) Lvl in progress
    Sorcerer: Jaadugar (EP)
    Dragon Knight: Altep (EP) Unknown DK (DC)
    Templer: Tempu (EP) Unklnownwarrior (DC)
    Nightblade: Jaad NB (EP) Unknown nbl (DC)
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also get this Compatibility tool for Update 5. In Minion search for "compatibility". This got the last few errors referencing Harven's addons.
    Edited by Gillysan on November 4, 2014 7:04PM
  • Kalman
    Kalman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gillysan wrote: »
    Also get this Compatibility tool for Update 5. In Minion search for "compatibility".

You just re-stated this from OP:
    Dominoid wrote: »
    LMP Removed Fonts

• Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome thread!
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP: I was just gonna pop up here and create a thread with this same info. Well done ;)

---
    @Garkin‌
    Seriously man, *Thank* *You* for everything you do for the ESO community.
    You are a Champion!

---
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    You good folks should offer Garkin a job B)

Sincerely,
    GTech_1
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    This post should have been stickied for a couple of weeks but my request to the ESO moderators obviously was ignored.
  • someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question:

Since I have both add-ons that are "under - SETTINGS and then ADDON SETTINGS" as well as a few that have "its own settings menu under Settings" do I install both "fixes" or just one of them?

Right now I have em both installed and things seem to be running fine... though I am getting huge latency spikes as well as a couple game drops... I am not saying it is related to the fixes (could be my IP or the fact it is raining cats and dogs here in Texas) but I want to be sure :smile:

Thank you to the OP, fixes worked perfectly!
    Edited by someuser on November 6, 2014 2:47AM
    To make ESO look and feel like a PC MMO check out the following:

PhinixUI addon-powered interface for ESO
  • lostavalon
    lostavalon
    ✭✭✭
    is this a fix for the settings not displaying at all when i click on it? :(
    @Choof
    Kontrol Freek - Sorcerer
    PC/NA
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    someuser wrote: »
    Question:

Since I have both add-ons that are "under - SETTINGS and then ADDON SETTINGS" as well as a few that have "its own settings menu under Settings" do I install both "fixes" or just one of them?

Right now I have em both installed and things seem to be running fine... though I am getting huge latency spikes as well as a couple game drops... I am not saying it is related to the fixes (could be my IP or the fact it is raining cats and dogs here in Texas) but I want to be sure :smile:

Thank you to the OP, fixes worked perfectly!

Yes install both. I run both without crashes. Could be anything.

lostavalon wrote: »
    is this a fix for the settings not displaying at all when i click on it? :(

Not sure.
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Harven's addon settings have never shown for me. There is a seprate fix out there for that but I don't think it has been updated in a long time. I used the Lib 1 and 2 fixes, the first two linked. Then a couple of Garkin's dropbox available fixes for some addons.

I just noticed the OP updated with Garkin's solution for Harven's settings, going to check that out now.

I don't think addons are causing the latency issues. There are other posts about this already.
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totally lost on the Harven's settings. I believe some instructions is to be found here. In the Comments tab I have posted my confusion.
  • AaronMB
    AaronMB
    ✭✭✭
    re: Harven's "fix." I'm confused, too, with about the same question(s), @Gillysan‌.

Great thread. Thanks, @Dominoid‌.
    Edited by AaronMB on November 6, 2014 6:33PM
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info676.html

Just to confirm - this add-on works. This is the Compatibility tool for update 5 by Garkin as listed above.
    Edited by Potenza on November 6, 2014 6:45PM
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Totally lost on the Harven's settings. I believe some instructions is to be found here. In the Comments tab I have posted my confusion.
    AaronMB wrote: »
    re: Harven's "fix." I'm confused, too, with about the same question(s), @Gillysan‌.

Harven has updated his add-ons since this post.
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see the update to Harven's addons except the one dealing with the Settings control panel(s).
    Harven's Addon Settings Updated: 06/19/14 01:39 PM
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dominoid, do you happen to use "guildtools" by lintydruid?

I still can't get this to work after using the compatability tools. It hasn't been updated since May but I could get it to work up to 1.5 with the compatability tools.

If anyone has any info on it pls help. This addon makes my guild logistics so much easier.

EDIT: or could anyone tell me a comparable addon that is kept up to date? I'm looking at "teso ingame messenger - TIM"...anyone use that?
    Edited by Cuyler on November 6, 2014 8:42PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »

I still can't get this to work after using the compatability tools. It hasn't been updated since May but I could get it to work up to 1.5 with the compatability tools.

If anyone has any info on it pls help. This addon makes my guild logistics so much easier.

EDIT: or could anyone tell me a comparable addon that is kept up to date? I'm looking at "teso ingame messenger - TIM"...anyone use that?

What do you use it for? Do you use it to mail your guild? If so . . .

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info551-MailR-GuildMailBeta.html

• Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I see the update to Harven's addons except the one dealing with the Settings control panel(s).

The replacement for that is in the OP. Reposted for convenience:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4jmzrekncbkfvtn/LibHarvensAddonSettings-1.0.5-for_Update5.zip

Edited by Dominoid on November 6, 2014 8:49PM
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you use it for? Do you use it to mail your guild? If so . . .

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info551-MailR-GuildMailBeta.html

I use it to store guild adverts to post to chat (for example, in zone LF new members. In guild to welcome new members and raffle information.)

Also it has an auto invite feature. I tell it what word (i.e. "join") a prospective recruit should whisper me and the addon will auto invite them to my guild. super handy when in a dungeon.

also gives scrolling hud messages for members who join/leave the guild.

finally it gives a fancy widget for the hud to see the active gmembers without needing to go to the guild homepage.

EDIT: I've got guild mail already thk u that addon is great as well.
    Edited by Cuyler on November 6, 2014 8:54PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • AaronMB
    AaronMB
    ✭✭✭

Harven has updated his add-ons since this post.

Thanks for the information.

Thanks for the updates, Harven.
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭

The replacement for that is in the OP. Reposted for convenience:

I know, it is where I downloaded it. However there are no instructions.

So I searched for instructions and found....

• renton1x1x1
    renton1x1x1
    ✭✭✭
    thks
    Renton Sc Breton Sorcerer VR14
    Renton Tp Argonian Templar VR14
    Renton Dk Imperial DragonKnight VR14
    Renton Nb Khajiit Nightblade VR10 Vampire

www.alitheso.com Casual Social EU PvX Guild

Ebonheart Pact EU PVP Decimation Elite Azura's Star
    The Traveling Merchant
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/190077/the-traveling-merchant-eu-craglorn-trading-guild

So let me get this straight: You want to ride on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and beg with him for your freedom. And you're telling me that you're completely sane? - Rimmer - Red Dwarf V - Quarantine
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The vast majority of add-on issues are with their setting menus. Most of them use the add-on library LibAddonMenu. If they are newer, they are most likely running version 2.0 but if they are older they may still be running 1.0. Please use the procedures below to get yourself up and running.

For Add-ons that have their settings under - SETTINGS and then ADDON SETTINGS you should install LibAddonMenu add-on version 2.0 R16 as a stand alone add-on. Please use this link or install it through Minion:

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info7-LibAddonMenu.html

This will override all the old and outdated versions running in all your add-ons and will fix most of your problems.

However if you have an older add-on that hasn't been updated in a while and it has its own settings menu under Settings, please download this file and place the contents in your add-on folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/47nx7zoitbgpmqt/LibAddonMenu-1.0-r10.zip

This file is provided by Garkin and is a re-worked version of LibAddonMenu 1.0. This will have the same effect as above and will override the outdated versions running in you add-on folders.

If you use any of Harven's awesome add-ons, we currently have to wait for Harven to update his add-ons as he uses a custom-built setting menu API. please note that his add-ons continue to function correctly, you simply can't adjust any of the settings.

Edit: Garkin has provided an updated version of Harven's Addon Settings:

LMP Removed Fonts

This should help with 95% of your add-on issues. Problems not related to the add-on settings menu will need to be adjusted by the add-on authors or someone kind enough to take up their cause if they have moved on.
    You rock!
    :trollin:
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should help with 95% of your add-on issues.

Thank you for this. It helped me a lot.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am in the same boat. I really wish I could make this work as I cannot find a replacement. @Cuyler‌ plrease let me know if you figure something out.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord