The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Technical question

QuadroTony
QuadroTony
✭✭✭✭✭
Greetings!
For the first - all okay with the ESO itself, but my question connected with architecture of the game:

how to increase internal RAM for eso.exe, or smthing like this, if i understand my problem right, or how to solve the problem, if there is smthing like limitation of the game engine/lua language/savedvariables, right?

short explanation
Im using this addon for extra markers on the map:
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info57-HarvestMapEsoheadMarkers.html
Here is my file from SavedVariables with near 27k additional nodes and 11.1 MB size
https://mega.co.nz/#!ixoSWYSZ!e0fIvJAIDfYKDGuKBxrsP31h-CMjwQ0gMwUfsptcviA
i cant load in the game world from character screen with it and have this error after long loading
JRX8tPL.jpg
remember, if you want to try my file, you must edit the file and change this
["@QuadroTony"] to your acount name, i.e. ["@your_account"]

what i already did
- repaired the client
- deleted all othe addons expect only this one
- increased value from the UserSettings.txt "SET LuaMemoryLimitMB "64" to 256 without any succsess
- if i delete some nodes from the addon's file to 23k, for example, its loading fine, but i still need bigger one

my setup
- Win7 64 bit
- GTX660 video
- 16 gb DDR3 ram
- overclocked FX-8320 to 4.6
- 61440 kb/sec download and 30720 kb/sec upload speed
- ping near 30-40 ms
- game installed on the SSD

guesses
- its timeout error, right?
- mby i need reinstall the game?
- or better internet speed... idk
- or any additional settings in the config files of the game? looks like its not enough memory, not my RAM, but the memory which has been taken away under game by programmers

P.S. sorry for bad english =)
Edited by QuadroTony on August 15, 2014 3:40PM
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    up
  • BrierTOG
    BrierTOG
    ✭✭✭
    hmm sometimes if you eso addon file get's too big, it might give problem, i remember running into that at some point.
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its called variable overflow, right?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have an addon that uses a ton of memory and you are trying to figure out how to use it because your system does not support an addon using that much extra memory?

Is there any indication that others can use addons that consume that much memory?

Also... Windows 64-bit or Windows 32-bit?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have an addon that uses a ton of memory and you are trying to figure out how to use it because your system does not support an addon using that much extra memory?

Is there any indication that others can use addons that consume that much memory?

Also... Windows 64-bit or Windows 32-bit?

ye, i wanna figure out the problem is in the game itself(some kind of limitation)
    or in my system?

Win7 64-bit

i know one guy he can launch the game with this huge file, but he cannot import from it to HarvestMerge. Im just curious why i cant.
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any idea, guys? mby some1 with this knowlenge roaming around this topic =)
    Edited by QuadroTony on August 15, 2014 6:20PM
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    up
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In your profiles' document folder, in Elder Scrolls Online\live (or liveeu for the European megaserver), open the file UserSettings.txt. Search for the line
    SET LuaMemoryLimitMB "64"

Change this to 128. Save and restart the game. See if that works for you. Theoretically, this value could be even higher (e.g. 256, 512), but I don't know what will happen. Use at your own risk. ;)
    Edited by KhajitFurTrader on August 15, 2014 9:15PM
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in first post ;)
    - increased value from the UserSettings.txt "SET LuaMemoryLimitMB "64" to 256 without any succsess
  • Innocente
    Innocente
    ✭✭✭✭
    The gathering add-on is critically broken in the fundamental coding of how it handles the data collection, data storage, and data management. The bottom line is, that the more locations you visit, the more memory it sucks up. Until the game will no longer run reliably. The ONLY solution is to DELETE the add-on from your system.

If you are not willing to do that, then no one can help you.
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kk, i will try to rewrite this addon and optimise it
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Innocente wrote: »
    The gathering add-on is critically broken in the fundamental coding of how it handles the data collection, data storage, and data management. The bottom line is, that the more locations you visit, the more memory it sucks up.

In conclusion, setting
    SET LuaMemoryLimitMB "4096"

should fix the problem, because then the add-on can use the entire memory address space of the client process (who needs a game when you could only run add-ons, anyway?). :P