The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Patch 1.3 soft caps stats

Bashev
Bashev
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Here you can see the new soft caps of the stats.
PvP
u2fKk1i.png
PvE
4hXHXla.png
Edited by Bashev on July 10, 2014 5:21PM
Because I can!
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet, weapon damage cap is higher. Now 2h users won't be gimped for having a gold weapon and some weapon damage buffs. With this, traits are less likely to cap out stuff before any other buffs come in too (mostly looking at armor and spell resist).
  • arnaldomoraleseb17_ESO
    Deleted
    Edited by arnaldomoraleseb17_ESO on July 10, 2014 5:29PM
    Debon Templar VR14 Thorn Blade (EU)
    Gaunnes DK VR14 Haderus (EU)
  • Trayyacakes
    Trayyacakes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spell resistance and armor soft caps are untouched, still rendering heavy a bad choice... why ZOS!?
    Bjorn Uldnost
  • Zerikin
    Zerikin
    Wow, the main stats are much much higher.
  • Azarath_tiberius
    Azarath_tiberius
    ✭✭✭
    What is that buff you got?
    "Increase All Primary Stats" Is that food buff or something?
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    can you post a comparison between PTS and Live?
  • Atreyu
    Atreyu
    ✭✭✭
    What is that buff you got?
    "Increase All Primary Stats" Is that food buff or something?

yes, it's food.

Btw this is a nerf to magicka build and pretty good buff to stamina based dmg build it seems.

in cyrodill the weapon dmg softcap atm is 165. new one 195. While spell dmg is 152 on live, and new one 129.

I must say I'm pretty excited about this change. Looking forward to go back to my beloved Dual Wield build.
    Edited by Atreyu on July 10, 2014 6:06PM
    Atreyu - VR14 - DK
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea thats a nerf to my spelldamage. Its already 131 on live, and this would softcap me already...hmm I dont like it, but I guess I'll live....*pout*

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was spell damage nerfed in PvE?
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    Was spell damage nerfed in PvE?

Yes, it seems all soft caps are teh same in cyrodiil as in pve for some reason, max hp is 500 points higher for bolstering purposes, but other than that these raised soft caps account for both pve and pvp.
  • Atreyu
    Atreyu
    ✭✭✭
    Xnemesis wrote: »
    can you post a comparison between PTS and Live?

here are LIVE

W3tWtuq.png

Atreyu - VR14 - DK
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, 158 to 131 is a massive nerf. I was hoping they weren't going to go this route with balancing, because trying to keep two balls in the air (nerfing Magicka and buffing stamina) is unnecessarily complicating the task of balancing stamina.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ can we please have an open discussion about the nerfing of magicka users? Balance-by-nerf is a historically bad way to go about doing things. Please don't let this be another massive change that gets railroaded through without a discussion.
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the spell damage "nerf" only weakens class abilitys tho.. it puts more emphasis on what weapon you use as all weapon abiltiys even the ones based on magicka are based on the weapon damage attribute...

this actually does exactly what i have mentioned before, the biggest problem in the game being the overpowering nature of class abilitys which are ALL magicka based vs the more varied abilitys in weapons... if player builds were more weapon focused, you would see greater use out of weapon builds like most stamina builds...

its sad they have decided to do this via a nerf tho... but i guess in the end you have to nerf something in order to avoid power creep.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    seems like all this did was bring up weapon abilities a bit and bring down class abilities a bit. Im good with it for now I cant wait to test it a bit when I get home.
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is great. Don't know how well it's going to synergize with the new sets bonuses but it's a step in the right direction.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its sad they have decided to do this via a nerf tho... but i guess in the end you have to nerf something in order to avoid power creep.
    I don't think you can avoid power creep. Blizzard, who probably has the most experience with huge, successful MMOs, couldn't avoid it with WoW. When I quit playing gear had stats like +267 Agility, and now it's like +1245 Agility. Crazy.
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    two balls

:p
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brilliant start to solving the magicka vs stamina ability discrepency. Hope it works out as planned.

On a side note: If ANYONE cries about their fotm light armor/staff build being nerfed they should reconsider their connection to reality.
  • Lyall84
    Lyall84
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tamanous wrote: »
    Brilliant start to solving the magicka vs stamina ability discrepency. Hope it works out as planned.

On a side note: If ANYONE cries about their fotm light armor/staff build being nerfed they should reconsider their connection to reality.

Agreed, lots of complaints about the loss of 6% spell critical from crafting sets, but completely blind to the 42% spell penetration that light armor magicka builds still have that stamina builds have no way of getting a comparable benefit.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tamanous wrote: »

If ANYONE can't comprehend a way to buff stamina without nerfing magicka, they should reconsider...
    Edited by Maverick827 on July 10, 2014 11:31PM
  • Atreyu
    Atreyu
    ✭✭✭
    are we sure it's legit btw? I mean it's too good to be true so I hope it's not a case of the softcap mod being bugged due to not being updated to that patch.
    Edited by Atreyu on July 10, 2014 11:38PM
    Atreyu - VR14 - DK
  • tom.danhelb16_ESO
    Wow, 158 to 131 is a massive nerf. I was hoping they weren't going to go this route with balancing, because trying to keep two balls in the air (nerfing Magicka and buffing stamina) is unnecessarily complicating the task of balancing stamina.

Don't forget they raised the max magicka soft cap significantly which means that the damage output won't change that much even with lower spell power cap. It also means that you will now have more room for your spells since your magicka pool is now higher. I think it's well balanced now. We'll see!
  • DrimacusMeleth
    olsborg wrote: »
    Yea thats a nerf to my spelldamage. Its already 131 on live, and this would softcap me already...hmm I dont like it, but I guess I'll live....*pout*
    @olsborg‌

Can you give me a hint how you've done that? Right now the only way to get SP is by enchants on rings and amuletts, max 13 per piece. Which is 39 on all three. Which equals in 130 SP (91 base + 39).
    Just want to know what I missed here...

edit: oh and @Atreyu just saw your screen, same question to you. How did you get above 130?
    Edited by DrimacusMeleth on July 11, 2014 7:13AM
    Drimacus

1v1 PvP Video, subscribe if you like ;)

Black Magic, former Emperor VR 12 PvP

o:)
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that many sets in 1.3 have Spell damage and Weapon damage as set bonuses. Well to be fair, more are Weapon damage to buff up Stamina builds but there's several with Spell damage as a set bonus too. It is strange that they increased almost all soft caps but chose to leave Resists/Armor alone. Even if they kept the same 30% Soft cap and 50% Hard cap but increased the value it took to reach either, that would've been nice.
  • DrimacusMeleth
    yeah but as far as I know there is no set on live which increases SP. That's why I'm curious...
    Seems like I miss something
    Drimacus

1v1 PvP Video, subscribe if you like ;)

Black Magic, former Emperor VR 12 PvP

o:)
  • Reremnu
    Reremnu
    ✭✭✭
    All Dragonknights rejoice - more max health = slightly "better" Dragon Blood!
  • Aziz006
    Aziz006
    ✭✭✭
    No one was not getting that much spell damage anyways. Max you can get now is 136 with 3 piece spell damage jewelery and PvP buff. So instead ZOS brings soft cap down to 131 and introduces some spell damage sets. Now you can get over 140 spell damage. So it is arguable if it is a nerf or not. If you have better argument please share.
    Edited by Aziz006 on July 11, 2014 8:17AM
  • tino.antoninieb17_ESO
    It sounds great. We have to see how it plays out in practice. Magic users should have in mind that this change will give stamina users just fair chance and shouldnt be worried much. If this change is narowing
    gap game will become much more attractive and competition more interesting. I finally see some balls here from Zos. Good go Zos !!!
    Edited by tino.antoninieb17_ESO on July 11, 2014 10:02AM
  • jovial
    jovial
    ✭✭
    Aziz006 wrote: »
    No one was not getting that much spell damage anyways. Max you can get now is 136 with 3 piece spell damage jewelery and PvP buff. So instead ZOS brings soft cap down to 131 and introduces some spell damage sets. Now you can get over 140 spell damage. So it is arguable if it is a nerf or not. If you have better argument please share.

That's true although with spell power pots we'll have less after patch than before. Still might work out to more overall spell damage.
  • tino.antoninieb17_ESO
    Basically if u look at new caps - they are as high as like they almost dont exist ( for resource pools, gear and weapons which will be present at that patch ) except for some categories ( weapon, spell damage. .. ).
    Edited by tino.antoninieb17_ESO on July 11, 2014 12:56PM