The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

When will they nerf DK again for PVP?

Erock25
Erock25
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eiusig1zOlY

I'm was thinking resuming leveling mine up and was just wondering if they had any plans to to nerf some of these OP abilities in PVP? Reflective Scale + Syrabane Set, Battle Roar passives, Green Dragon Blood.

Does anyone else better at PVP than I am think any other classes would survive that initial attack by 6-7 people all in veteran ranks?
You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahem. Aren't those giant wings visible enough to stop noobs from casting spells for 4 seconds?
    If they just waited, his dps potential would slowly reach zero, because he would just have to spam reflect without getting any magicka back, and you'd also STOP HITTING YOURSELF!
    250px-Stop_Hitting_Yourself.png

Or just give Syrabane a long internal cooldown, like most proc sets have. That way you can deal with this build WITHOUT hurting whole class.

I'd like to know what happens in the fight where 2 ppl have spell reflect (2 templars, 2 DKs, templar vs DK) would all spells bounce between them till one of them would run out of magicka for reflects and get burned instantly?
    Edited by ArRashid on June 26, 2014 2:11AM
  • Amanoma
    Amanoma
    I lol'd! Still not enough QQ nerfs eh? Learn to play wtf! He was simply spamming reflect and the idiots kept casting projectiles lol!
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A true NB Bow user :)
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems fine to me. It was pretty obvious they were not working as a team.. If they were... wow.
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • Sturmwaffel
    Sturmwaffel
    ✭✭✭
    I hate to be one of those guys but... Yeah..

If I can't have bolt escape, they certainly should not have reflective scales.

There, I said it. Sustainable anti-magic + reflect shield is OP.
  • The_Death_Princess
    The_Death_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    Guy shouldnt have put the vid up. Shows he has no skill, or tactical sense. Each fight its just mash the I win buttons.

Way to go Zenimax, admit its OP but buff them up more with patch and virtually no balancing down.
    Astaria Dødfurstinna
    Official Hunter Community Lead DAOC
    (Pendragon Beta through Catacombs release)
    Look at this but dont QQ: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/hfxYcf
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArRashid wrote: »
    Ahem. Aren't those giant wings visible enough to stop noobs from casting spells for 4 seconds?
    If they just waited, his dps potential would slowly reach zero, because he would just have to spam reflect without getting any magicka back, and you'd also STOP HITTING YOURSELF!
    250px-Stop_Hitting_Yourself.png

Or just give Syrabane a long internal cooldown, like most proc sets have. That way you can deal with this build WITHOUT hurting whole class.

I'd like to know what happens in the fight where 2 ppl have spell reflect (2 templars, 2 DKs, templar vs DK) would all spells bounce between them till one of them would run out of magicka for reflects and get burned instantly?

@ArRashid‌

You act as if the DK would just sit there and do nothing for those 4 seconds (+4 seconds, +4 seconds, etc as he can keep casting it, you know). I honestly don't see how anyone can watch this video and truly believe that this is balanced.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should stop nerfing DKs because DKs are dragons and dragons should be the strongest and most powerful beings.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »

I'm was thinking resuming leveling mine up and was just wondering if they had any plans to to nerf some of these OP abilities in PVP? Reflective Scale + Syrabane Set, Battle Roar passives, Green Dragon Blood.

Does anyone else better at PVP than I am think any other classes would survive that initial attack by 6-7 people all in veteran ranks?

Yes they will not be happy until templars are better than DKs (just about there too)
  • YakoTaki
    YakoTaki
    ✭✭✭
    Erock 25 You were lucky to kill 6 people in pvp, and say that DK is OP, except that DK is unplayable in PVE. You're so ******* intelligent person.
  • Apophiss
    Apophiss
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they will not be happy until templars AND MAGES are better than DKs (just about there too)

QFT.

(fixed it for you)

"Just when I think you have said the stupidest thing possible, you keep talking."
    -Hank Hill
  • madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bad players fighting a good player is what I watched. He used line of site and reflect and his enemies were dumb enough to get slaughtered.

DKs are at a great spot right now and should not be nerfed. (I pvp solo as a VR2 sorc and pvp group as a VR12 templar).

IMO for PvP all classes are sitting at a decent spot though Templars are a little weaker atm. (only a little). If they ever changed Dark Flare increase spell power to 6 seconds instead of next attack then Templars will be fine.

• purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol! Looks like u tried 2 faceroll & got burned big time! You were literally doing yourself in. DK must have p*d himself laughing! :p
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
  • skoomatrait
    skoomatrait
    ✭✭✭
    LOL OP sorc cheater want to more nerf for others GTFO nooby
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I still think DKs are a bit too strong. The Talons/Banner combo in PvP is a bit rough. An AoE CC with DoT all rolled into one is exceptionally strong...
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • thelg
    thelg
    ✭✭✭
    It has nothing to do with DK and everything with Syrabane set. But yeah.. morons, WING ffs big F wings. Melee him.. /facepalm.

Wait nobody uses melee weapon anymore lol

I had lighter version of this happen. Got jumped by 4.. dropped banner and used scales. I could not believe the morons stayed in the banner and killed themselves spamming whatever they were spamming (I am stamina DW DK would have been DEAD as a skunk run over by a truck if they just used brain for 1 sec..)

BTW NERF blazing shield plzkthx
    Edited by thelg on June 26, 2014 4:20PM
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to nerf this Dragon wings buff. It's boring, every DK spam it, it makes very hard to attack them for my Sorc!
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    thelg wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with DK and everything with Syrabane set.

But Syrabane set only works with reflect and DK has best reflect so it is a DK problem.

Real funny reading the other guy saying DK is bad in PVE.... they are still top dog.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    They need to nerf this Dragon wings buff. It's boring, every DK spam it, it makes very hard to attack them for my Sorc!

PLease Silver no, they should nurrf Sorcs first :p

(If you other people think this is a legit statement, go home)
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What nerf for Sorcs you want more? Our BE already cost as PVP-abilities! ><
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

serious? I main a sorc and don't think it's half as bad as eclipse

You can:
    A) daedric curse
    B) use lightning staff channel
    C) use the mage guild (entropy or w/e) dot
    D) endless fury
    E) save your shards for instaproc and cast it when DK is oom or stunned
    F) Soul strike
    G) resto heavy to get magika back while he spends his
    H) not stand in his ***
    I) Aoe him

I am forgetting the rest of my alphabets at this point, but yea.

Of all the "OP" DK skills, reflective scale is only mildly irritating. I do reflect stuff onto myself from time to time but I know how to block/dodge if needed.
    The only super annoying thing about DK is invasion spam while he's blocking followed by talon spam - which cannot be blocked. And the stun while rooted being unbreakable.

Basically if they fix both the unbreakable stun and casting instants while blocking, all my concerns with DKs will be resolved (although GDB is still a little too strong imo).

• xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What nerf for Sorcs you want more? Our BE already cost as PVP-abilities! ><

I thought you will understand ;) Its enough with all the nurrfs, dont you think?
    Edited by xMovingTarget on June 26, 2014 5:24PM
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can:
    A) daedric curse
    D) endless fury
    F) Soul strike
    H) not stand in his ***
    I) Aoe him

Of all the "OP" DK skills, reflective scale is only mildly irritating. I do reflect stuff onto myself from time to time but I know how to block/dodge if needed.
    The only super annoying thing about DK is invasion spam while he's blocking followed by talon spam - which cannot be blocked. And the stun while rooted being unbreakable.

Basically if they fix both the unbreakable stun and casting instants while blocking, all my concerns with DKs will be resolved (although GDB is still a little too strong imo).
    You forget about some funny bug of DK's reflect: it reflects not only projectiles, but skills too, maybe over Daedric Curse. All another is reflected back, Mages Fury too
    Souls Strike and Entropy are most funny in his list - someone using this skills in PVP?
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    DK's have been nerfed enough, stop the whining plz and start using your brains in pvp.
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

• Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can:
    A) daedric curse
    D) endless fury
    F) Soul strike
    H) not stand in his ***
    I) Aoe him

You forget about some funny bug of DK's reflect: it reflects not only projectiles, but skills too, maybe over Daedric Curse. All another is reflected back, Mages Fury too
    Souls Strike and Entropy are most funny in his list - someone using this skills in PVP?

Incorrect. Curse, entropy, and fury are not reflected as they are not 'projectiles'. Heavy attacks from resto and lightning don't either but they do for fire/ice.

I use structured entropy not for its damage/healing or w/e but because it gives me 20% more spellpower on my shards ;) and because i can tag any number of people with it (no limit). Also the bonus hp is nice. Most of the rest of the time for ganking I use curse.

If you are not using soul strike in pvp for single target damage, I feel bad for you.
    Embrace the jesus beam.
  • maxilaub17_ESO
    maxilaub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »

Very misleading post and title:

He never 1 v 10 at once, there was 4 at first and he was using line of sight to limit damage taken, shield blocks, and reflecting ranged attacks. He used a standard with two people staying in it and one more moving in and out of it, he also used soul assault to kill another, plus he was chugging healing pots. What made him look the most powerful was the idiots he fought being so clueless as to stay in the DK standard, not pot themselves, not roll dodge and los, not block his attacks, stop using magic ranged when reflect was up, not use their ultimate's on him, etc.
    Edited by maxilaub17_ESO on June 26, 2014 5:36PM
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But isn't that kind of the problem? Think of all the things you can't do when fighting a DK:

--Don't stand near his standard.
    --Don't get hit by his Talons
    --Don't cast a spell projectile at him
    --Don't use ultimates on him
    --Don't melee attack him

There are just so many things you can't do, it locks you into doing very little. The DK just has so many good options, especially compared to NBs and Templars.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But isn't that kind of the problem? Think of all the things you can't do when fighting a DK:

--Don't stand near his standard.
    --Don't get hit by his Talons
    --Don't cast a spell projectile at him
    --Don't use ultimates on him
    --Don't melee attack him

There are just so many things you can't do, it locks you into doing very little. The DK just has so many good options, especially compared to NBs and Templars.

why can't you use ults on them?
    soul strike, meteor, negate, nova, etc. etc.

• Muletide
    Muletide
    ✭✭✭
    It's the DK's fault that people can't read enemy cues (giant wings popping up) and holding projectile casts? And it's also the DK's fault people don't dodge roll out of Talons and avoid a giant red circle? I didn't see anyone go toe-to-toe 10 on 1 in that video. Sensationalism much?
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muletide wrote: »
    It's the DK's fault that people can't read enemy cues (giant wings popping up) and holding projectile casts? And it's also the DK's fault people don't dodge roll out of Talons and avoid a giant red circle? I didn't see anyone go toe-to-toe 10 on 1 in that video. Sensationalism much?

If you are a group fighting a DK, have on person slot purge. DK will be dead in a matter of his stamina bar.

1v1 however they are extremely annoying since they are able to spam invasion and talons while holding block indefinitely.