The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

New PTS Templates

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hey everyone!

We just applied a hotfix that gives your PTS templates a bit more flexibility in order to test the newer content.
  • When you create a new character using the template, you will now be VR12 with upgraded gear.
  • The Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Soul Magic, and Undaunted skills and abilities are now maxed out.
  • The nearest wayshrine to Veteran Crypt of Hearts - Sanguine Barrows Wayshrine - has been unlocked.
  • Additional wayshrines have been added around the world near major cities.
To get to Veteran Crypt of Hearts, open up your map (or use a wayshrine), switch to Rivenspire, and select the Sanguine Barrows Wayshrine. Head south from the wayshrine, and you will discover the dungeon shortly.

Hope this helps!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Skirmish840
    Skirmish840
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome !!
    Options
  • dragnier
    dragnier
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, definitely a step in the correct direction! Still can't make any race outside of DC... nor any crafting skill increases...
    Edited by dragnier on June 7, 2014 2:19AM
    Options
  • dragnier
    dragnier
    ✭✭✭
    [*] The Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Soul Magic, and Undaunted skills and abilities are now maxed out.

This did not happen. The world and guild skills are NOT rank 4 and able to be morphed at all.
    Options
  • haamfish
    haamfish
    ✭✭
    you needed a 2GB patch for that??!
    Options
  • wolfe26ub17_ESO
    Add to that when I set up my weapons can't seem to put same weapons on both bars
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @dragnier, looking into those issues now.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • AshleyLee
    AshleyLee
    ✭✭✭
    dragnier wrote: »
    [*] The Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Soul Magic, and Undaunted skills and abilities are now maxed out.

This did not happen. The world and guild skills are NOT rank 4 and able to be morphed at all.

Nope didnt happen for my characters either.
    Options
  • wolfe26ub17_ESO
    Choosing a fungal Grotto Template, lacks world magic section completely under skills
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just a quick update, we're working on fixing the templates today. We'll let you all know as soon as they're updated.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How surprising... And surprise, surprise, you're still not able to delete existing characters either...

#Faildeluxe
    Options
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just a quick update, we're working on fixing the templates today. We'll let you all know as soon as they're updated.

Have you considered perhaps TESTING stuff before you upload it? Just an idea...
    Options
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    That would make waaaayyy too much sense. :P
    Options
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭

have you considered that this is the public TEST server? ^^' and that the one not working is a TEST function not meant to go live but just to make testing easier?
    Options
  • Cylver
    Cylver
    ✭✭

have you considered that this is the public TEST server? ^^' and that the one not working is a TEST function not meant to go live but just to make testing easier?

Unfortunately, way too many want a free fast trial of new content before it hits live. They don't come to any game's PTS to test.

Options
  • dragnier
    dragnier
    ✭✭✭
    Cylver wrote: »

Unfortunately, way too many want a free fast trial of new content before it hits live. They don't come to any game's PTS to test.

Unfortunately, I believe this to be true more often than not. Otherwise, the previous testers would have said something about the Craglorn v9 template when they were testing Craglorn before release. They didn't get to test fully ranked guild/world skills, crafted set bonuses, mundus stones, or pvp based skills with the Craglorn/Trials content without huge amounts of time to level them that they didn't have.

As a matter of fact, most of the skills that make the Trials so much easier are exactly the ones they didn't have available on the PTS before it launched!
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I wish I could give this more agrees. Are people just typing on automatic without stopping to think, or do they want some kind of test server for the test server?

Welcome to the PTS guys.

Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • MrBeatDown
    MrBeatDown
    ✭✭✭✭

Na they dont PROPERLY test anything, They must be short handed on staff and underpayed. They are just throwing trash together to meet time deadlines. What the Upper management doesn't seem to understand is that we as paying customers expect Superior quality products for our money. Especially since its made by all these people that supposedly went to school. I wont go into that though. My tax dollars were obviously blown on some of these people education loans. Anyway's , This is why craglorn was such a mess on release.
    Edited by MrBeatDown on June 7, 2014 11:29PM
    Options
  • Skirmish840
    Skirmish840
    ✭✭✭
    Guys they said their working on it, and far our man lets cut them some slack instead of just cutting them all the time.

They obviously listened and thought that it was an oversight and so promptly added more options, unbeknown to them that "normal" options would be broken...

So they listened promptly again and are fixing it.

FFS Really.... give them some slack....
    Options
  • Vorkk8383
    Vorkk8383
    ✭✭✭
    I get the test server but what I don't get is why they seem to want to be adding more new content. OK...the new campaigns or fixed campaigns, fine. Gives people something to do. But after that, no more. Fix stuff. No more adding more stuff that is also bugged.
    Options
  • MrBeatDown
    MrBeatDown
    ✭✭✭✭
    They don't need to be Nerfing or Buffing anything else for this game until they can properly Test there THEORIES on what is good and bad. Everytime they use this template, they are just guessing. And it appears that the attitude about it is, well that's good enough, lets move on to something else, Meanwhile people are cancelling subs, and others are just riding out there time to see how much more ridiculous the game gets since in ZOS view That's the best way to adjust characters balance. Its also possible that they don't understand the game that they created. Somehow they made it work, but they don't know how. Must have been luck. Should be no excuse why they cant find our character files saved client side and allow us to import them into the PTS.
    Options
  • dragnier
    dragnier
    ✭✭✭

Just to quickly inform you, I found another skill that wasn't ranked up. I made a v12 Sorcerer and the Crystal Shard skill was not rank four either. Figured this was an oversight.
    Options
  • MrBeatDown
    MrBeatDown
    ✭✭✭✭

Just to quickly inform you, I found another skill that wasn't ranked up. I made a v12 Sorcerer and the Crystal Shard skill was not rank four either. Figured this was an oversight.

What kind of gear was you gonna use on that sorc to test out your build? Default stamina heavy armor?
    Options
  • dragnier
    dragnier
    ✭✭✭
    MrBeatDown wrote: »

What kind of gear was you gonna use on that sorc to test out your build? Default stamina heavy armor?

You make a good point about the random generation of gear... but they at least do give you all three kinds and money to buy basic white enchants. So I simply put on the light armor it gave me (by far not my choice, but better than nothing) and re-enchanted all of them to magicka.

You are correct though... most of the random gear isn't worth wearing. I thought about just making character after character until I got a full set of blues with all divines just to have it... O.o
    Options
  • Windshadow_ESO
    Windshadow_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What is it about the word "test" that some of these folks do not understand? They are not paying their fees to use the PTS they pay to play the game on the live servers.
    Testing games is something else entirely and different folks tend to test different things unless asked to beat on some special area.
    I like digging into the nooks and cracks looking for things that are not working properly and the odd out of the way side quests as sometimes they can have problems as so few find them

What I would find most helpful for testing would be templates or premades that were focused on crafting as I feel that work is needed in those areas of the game... On the other hand I don't enjoy pvp bing mostly a care bear sort of player that gets my jollies out of helping others
    Options
  • Skirmish840
    Skirmish840
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah crafting was one of the things I really wanted to get into testing as I feel it's largely unknown. I can't count the amount of times I've been over to esofashion.com (great site, very informative) to see how something looked and went to equip a blue crafted item with another blue to find out it looks completely different due to the way the equipped gear works together to make things look cool. I know dyes are coming out and to test that we'll need lots of resources to test many different combinations of crafted and picked up items/armor.

Which brings me to another point, I'd be more than willing to put some time into grinding resources to test with, but, if I spent a weeks worth of grinding resources in different tiers to only have my character wiped the next day before I could spend a few days testing with the resources, it would leave a sour taste in my mouth to be sure....

So maybe some characters shouldn't be wiped depending on what they're testing.

I'm wondering if this was the only wipe of characters since the server started, or has there been many wipes?

Can we get a rough idea on how often the servers and characters we create are wiped, just so we can plan and decide what effort we'll put into which part of the game to test ?
    Options
  • Dohmmi
    Dohmmi
    ✭✭✭
    We need a PTS with all skills and Jobs and max Lvl, so we can test all
    Options
  • Drav1n
    Drav1n
    Soul Shriven
    Where would one find this v12 template you speak of? I created a character and never seen an option for this template.
    Options
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where would one find this v12 template you speak of? I created a character and never seen an option for this template.
    No new templates here either ... The Pulldown only lists these 3 items: None, Craglorn, Fungal Grotto
    Options
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chose Craglorn and you should get a VR12 character...
    Options
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ I cannot delete the characters I created to test out the template you created yesterday. Has there been some kind of limit set on deleting characters?
    Options