Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Look Speed Slower While Sprinting

Cazic
Cazic
✭✭✭✭✭
I noticed this since the patch, but don't see it in the patch notes.

While sprinting on foot, my horizontal mouse movement is slower. So I can't look side-to-side as quickly while sprinting. It's unchanged while mounted. I'm not sure if this is to add realism, because it does make sense as far as how you can realistically move while sprinting. But, it's kind of annoying and will take some getting used to.

Anyone else notice this? Did I miss something in the patch notes about it?
Edited by ZOS_Kraken on 26 April 2023 19:43
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, it's actually only while your weapon is drawn and while sprinting. Weapon sheathed sprinting is unchanged.

Maybe a tweak to optimize stamina use in combat.
  • ontheleftcoast
    ontheleftcoast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're seeing this too? Good, I was freaking out because I've mentioned this and nobody else was seeing it. Another thing I've had happen is some times the keyboard gets confused and stops responding. Taking my hands off the keyboard my toon continues to run for a ways, sometimes right into trees or off cliffs. :rage:
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried removing your addons?

• ontheleftcoast
    ontheleftcoast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried removing your addons?

De-activated and uninstalled them all and I can still repro this occasionally. It's very erratic for me. I also get the massive FPS drop without addons. And, of course, the 10 minute load screens, again without addons. None of these issue happened before the patch with or without addons. This is a whole new kind of weird.
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/212271/stuttering-graphics-since-update#latest

Try looking in this thread, there may be some helpful info there.

• Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/212271/stuttering-graphics-since-update#latest

Try looking in this thread, there may be some helpful info there.

It's not a performance issue or related to addons. It's clearly a difference in the horizontal look speed (mouse movement) while sprinting with your weapon out. It's actually pretty subtle, may not even be noticeable depending on your default mouse sensitivity.
    Edited by Cazic on 3 September 2015 06:02
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm if this is a thing? There's definitely a difference with and without weapon sheathed.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here, noticed that right away.

Especially frustrating when trying to sprint up the wooden stairs going up onto the keep walls and falling off the middle platform because your character can't turn fast enough.
    headbang.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on 4 September 2015 03:00
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Same here, noticed that right away.

Especially frustrating when trying to sprint up the wooden stairs going up onto the keep walls and falling off the middle platform because your character can't turn fast enough.
    headbang.gif

Ah okay, glad I'm not the only one. I feel like they may have changed it to pace combat a little better, so you're sprinting less while fighting. But I dunno. If it's an unintentional change I hope they fix it.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are not alone. Noticed it immediately too.
  • R0M2K
    R0M2K
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im experiencing this, very annoying.
  • Anzo
    Anzo
    I've noticed the same thing. Have you tried to pan your camera while you sprint? its awful. I was being chased and tried to look behind me and my character just totally did a 180 right into the enemy zerg and died. :'(
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing here. It seems to be both on the horse and by foot (sprinting, each). First I thought there's loose tobacco under the mouse, but apparently it's still clean lol
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Funny you mention this thread, lately I have been changing mouse settings, cleaning my mouse, ingame setting etc, all because of this horezontal sprint movement. So its not my mouse then, thank you :)
    Hope this is not intendent because its annoying
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • DDemon
    DDemon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I have noticed this problem as-well, I say problem because it's a very annoying and useless change that does not add anything but annoyance to the game. (I too thought my mouse was breaking down, having just replaced it due to malfunction.)

I hope they fix it, or at-least make it optional.
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDemon wrote: »
    Yes I have noticed this problem as-well, I say problem because it's a very annoying and useless change that does not add anything but annoyance to the game. (I too thought my mouse was breaking down, having just replaced it due to malfunction.)

I hope they fix it, or at-least make it optional.

Optional - like so many other things in this game need to be. One of the latest: the constantly visible stats bars.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can we get an official word on this change please?
  • G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny you mention this thread, lately I have been changing mouse settings, cleaning my mouse, ingame setting etc, all because of this horezontal sprint movement. So its not my mouse then, thank you :)
    Hope this is not intendent because its annoying

lol, over that I was fighting with my mouse-settings, too :tired_face:
    - First AD EU Group to finish DSA VET -
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
    AD Argonian V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 15
    AD Bosmer V16 Nightblade Alliance Rank 16
    AD Kahjiit V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 10
    AD Dunmer V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 9
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10 - flawless vMSA
    DC Altmer V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 9 - flawless vMSA
    AD Breton V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10
    AD Altmer V16 Sorceress Alliance Rank 21
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sir Andy Naked Nords should be graceful like deer. Wait the deer were evicted from Cyrodiil. Watch it Nords will be next.
  • Pixelex
    Pixelex
    ✭✭✭
    I also noticed this new annoying mouse movement while running. :(
    Edited by Pixelex on 5 September 2015 06:04
    Meisterangler alias Masterfischi
    www.pixelex.net
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit have fix for annoying mice !!!
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Khajiit have fix for annoying mice !!!

Huh?

• SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazic Annoying mice get eaten.. Or smushed like bug
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazic Annoying mice get eaten.. Or smushed like bug

Okay, sure. I'm just not quite getting how your comments relate to the topic of this thread.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They relate if you are Khajiit. To smoothskins this one will translate. It is not polling, it is not profiles it is not your mouse it is in game code it is annoying bug. It can be fixed in patch and probably will be. If it was annoying mouse on your end smash it and buy another one a better one not a cheap amazon budget mouse.
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They relate if you are Khajiit. To smoothskins this one will translate. It is not polling, it is not profiles it is not your mouse it is in game code it is annoying bug. It can be fixed in patch and probably will be. If it was annoying mouse on your end smash it and buy another one a better one not a cheap amazon budget mouse.

Yes, my understanding of the issue is that it's a problem with the game since the patch. That's why I posted here, to bring attention to the issue in hopes that zos will notice and correct it. Or at least explain why it was changed. I don't believe the problem is to do with anyone's mouse, nor is it to do with rodents. That is easy to understand even for those of us who are not Khajiit. :)
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazic It is good that you posted this. Some were thinking it was mice on their end. Some went through their systems and uninstalled devices and software. To no avail. Many bugs are listed across the forum on virtually every peripheral attached to a PC. A central thread with all bugs would be a nice feature so zos could see concisely what the problems are.

Thank you for your thread
  • Anzo
    Anzo
    Bump
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder if this also has anything to do with that 'jumping' bug that people have reported... all sorts of weird stuff been happening since this update.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, I noticed turning on stairs felt somehow more difficult than usual. Good to know it is just another bizarre glitch, I shall cancel my appointment with a neurologist.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on 6 September 2015 21:24
This discussion has been closed.