The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[BUG] What the Heart Wants Still Broken

esob16_ESO115
This quest was supposedly fixed in patch 1.0.7 but it's still bugging up. I've run the cave twice now and both times Stibbons has reset back to the start of the cave as soon as I reached the end instead of progressing through the door leaving a hanging quest marker. There seems to be no quick way to get back to the beginning so it's necessary to fight your way back to the start and then all the way through again each time.
  • Asys
    Asys
    ✭✭✭✭
    BUgged for me also.. its just, yaaaaaawn
    I need TP for my ***!
  • jellicles
    jellicles
    ✭✭✭
    Heh, still broken in 2015! Not good, not good at all.
    Edited by jellicles on 12 July 2015 23:39
  • RageDeathBox
    Broken on Xbox one .He just stands at start of the cave and doesn't move...
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still broken. I've cleared it 5 times now and he just resets to the beginning partway through and then will no longer move.

This is ridiculous. How many years will it take to fix this broken quest?
  • solipsist
    solipsist
    Still broken.
  • Destroyah380
    They need to make him a regular follower like with literally EVERY other quest so this *** doesn't happen (ಠ_ಠ)
  • ExemplaryVisions
    Still bugged. Needs a fix, stat. Tired of him just standing around. I've abandoned the Quest and re-did it in an effort to resolve it. I also did what I read elsewhere, which was to "Log out for 15 minutes to soft reset the instance". Sorry. Doesn't work.
  • ExemplaryVisions
    Actually, as of right now, I completed it. He didn't move AT ALL. Just go through and clear out the area. Just wait around at the end. Randomly, it will say that you completed the "Defend Stibbons" objective. It still needs to be fixed, but hopefully this ticks for you guys by taking this method.
  • Transcendent554
    Transcendent554
    Soul Shriven
    Actually, as of right now, I completed it. He didn't move AT ALL. Just go through and clear out the area. Just wait around at the end. Randomly, it will say that you completed the "Defend Stibbons" objective. It still needs to be fixed, but hopefully this ticks for you guys by taking this method.

Trying this right now. Hopefully it works, I've cleared it and killed respawns now just sitting at the door.
  • Transcendent554
    Transcendent554
    Soul Shriven
    I completed it almost immediately after posting that. Thanks ExemplaryVisions!
  • Jekerl
    Jekerl
    mod
    We've released a fix for this on Live PC (v2.1.6) and expect to have the fix posted to consoles soon.
    Jeremy Sera
    Lead Content Designer
    Staff Post
  • Scorpio_Alik'ri
    Its still bugged on ps4
  • Worgoth
    Worgoth
    Its still bugged on ps4

So do I... Yesterday, I encountered a glitch while I was doing "Light from the darkness". Accomplishing this quest took me an hour. Now, this one in "What the Heart Wants"... Begin to be tired of this game.
    I've abandoned the Quest and re-did it in an effort to resolve it.

By the way, could you please tell me where you found Stibbons after abandoning the quest ? I'm looking for him for hours.

Edit: finally found him

Edited by Worgoth on 22 September 2015 08:47
  • Worgoth
    Worgoth

Thanks buddy, but that does not work on PS4 :(
  • segomo22
    segomo22
    Soul Shriven

Yay! This works on Xbone.

• bigbabyleonb16_ESO
    Still not working and i've been waiting at the end 15 min now.
  • Lairin
    Lairin
    ✭✭
    I managed to complete on ps4. Aside from the regular spawns in the cave, whenever he paths forward enemies spawn just for him. I cleared the cave and waited at the end and when I went back I saw he ran forward, spawned some enemies and went back.

I cleared them and he triggered more closer and closer to the end, running back each time. Eventually he stopped moving and wasn't coming back. when I ran back to the exit there was a bone colossus. After I beat it the quest showed the next step Even though he was still at the start,
    Lairin | Elementalsora | I'm too tired to game...
  • Chikkitiger
    Chikkitiger
    Soul Shriven
    Confirmed! Clearing the cave and waiting atbthe end works on XBOne
  • Sporozoan
    Sporozoan
    Soul Shriven
    Clearing the cave and waiting works for PS4. Just make sure that you defeat the bone colossus.
    "You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
    Albert Einstein
  • pj84
    pj84
    Still bugged tried logging out and logging back in and still he stands at the beginning of the cave with a quest arrow above his head