The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to log in

williamrathkampnub18_ESO
Is anyone else having this problem? I haven't been able to login since the patch. It says, "incorrect login information". I know that's not the problem. I've grown to dread patch days.
  • ZOS_JasonI
    ZOS_JasonI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, @williamrathkampnub18_ESO‌. Just to verify, have you tried to make sure you have the most up-to-date version of the client? Click on the "Game Options" setting above the news feed on the launcher, and select "Check for Updates." That may help if you're unable to log into the game.
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Auric_ESO
    Auric_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen this messege before but not today. I'm on a smart phone so forum searches is kinda hard for me but I know other have had it in the past. When I get back to my desk ill try.

"The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit." Morihei Ueshiba
  • williamrathkampnub18_ESO
    I just checked and I am up to date. I'm running the repair tool now. The repair tool has finished and I still can't login. It says, "Your login information is incorrect." Nothing has changed between yesterday's playtime and today. I need help, please.
    Edited by williamrathkampnub18_ESO on April 30, 2014 10:01PM
    I still can't login. This is not good.
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    @williamrathkampnub18_ESO‌ Have you tried logging into the account management page at https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/ to check that your username and password are correct? If you can get in there, you should be able to get in in-game as well.

If your username/password is correct you can also submit a ticket through https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/.
    Edited by Icy on May 1, 2014 3:34AM
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • AryaWythers
    AryaWythers
    ✭✭✭
    So many people experience this problem...this may answer some questions, or may not but hope you get your problem fixed with speedy satisfaction regardless. Might be worth checking into before you kick your Grandmother down the stairs like I did in a fit of rage :)
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/89472/3-1-2-days-without-being-able-to-play/p2
    Edited by AryaWythers on May 1, 2014 3:39AM
    I've been to my account page. Nothing has changed since my last login yesterday. Thanks for your help.
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    william, could you screenshot your account summary page?
    I'm afraid I don't know how to do that. I'm 71 years old. I'm lucky I can still play the game without drooling on my keyboard. :)
    Update: I found out through trial and error that somehow between Tuesday when I last played and yesterday my password was changed. After entering a new password and answering the security question, I was sent an email to change it. I never got the email. I have however, gotten other emails from Zenimax regarding my ticket number. I'll be working with account and billing soon and I'm sure this will be rectified. However, the questions I now have are was my account hacked and why didn't I get that email?
  • AryaWythers
    AryaWythers
    ✭✭✭
    Because Zeni was so brilliant when they thought of the security questions they put what is your favorite game as a question...No lie! So unless they changed it when I brought it to their attention almost a month ago, anyone who chooses that and put any Elder Scroll game is at risk.
    EDIT:Question is still there...just beware if this is your question might want to change it (not to hard to go through the list of most popular games after ES games are ruled out) Usually companies don't have such an ego and put questions that are personal to the user and not as easy to guess.
    Edited by AryaWythers on May 1, 2014 5:57PM
  • BlitzkriegAngel
    I'm with you guys still haven't been able to login for 36.5 hours now. And before Jason or Gina or any of the other useless mods try to lock this thread we are not talking about punitive aspects of the game, or anything along those lines. We are talking about your lack or perhaps inability to fix serious issues affecting people who have paid for a service they are not getting which does constitute fraud.

So if you are going to lock this thread please be upfront about your reasons why instead of a generic scripted response that a 5th grader could write.
    Edited by BlitzkriegAngel on May 1, 2014 5:59PM
    My security question was one that only my wife and I knew the answer to.
  • AryaWythers
    AryaWythers
    ✭✭✭
    If you check my first post in here, can explain a lot in the link...and of course I didn't hurt my Grandmother, just a tasteless joke about my rage at the time
    My security question was one that only my wife and I knew the answer to.
    I finally got in. Thanks to Zenimax. Good luck to those of you still trying.
  • Spyfox007_ESO
    I had this problem and when I went to the website and tried to log in my account was suspended. What a mess!
  • BlitzkriegAngel
    Good for you. I'm still getting the same error. Right now I'd have to say Zenimax is pretty disgraceful.
  • lstongeb16_ESO
    Well sir, I hope you were not simply suspended like me. Last thing I had in game was that well known bug when you get kicked in orbit. Couldn't log since then. It will be ONE FULL WEEK tonight.

Support is totally non-existent or incompetent. Their way of handling their poor attempt to get rid of bots/cheaters is ridiculous. I'm not 71 like you but 44, my game email is the same as my 25 years old business email. I don't have the profile of a cheater/exploiter and didn't act like it in the game. Yet, I still can't logon and I doubt they will fix my problem.

Honestly, it all look like a big fraud to me.

Regards,

Psykhos
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe your wife changed your password :p even at your age women need attention haha
  • AryaWythers
    AryaWythers
    ✭✭✭
    Just Don't take anything the game support tells you seriously...it's all a joke and the company will never help you with anything aside from taking your money

And there support seems like it works on Hocus Pocus and not any actual help from the company other than threats! Just don't look at the confused Developer behind that Falling Curtain....nobody seems to know what they are doing here.
    Edited by AryaWythers on May 3, 2014 5:59PM
  • lstongeb16_ESO
    Can't disagree with you. Looks like they have two modes: the one where they understand you so well but don't do anything useful anyway and the mode where they totally ignore you.

I wonder which one I prefer...