The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Our EU servers, when are they comming ?

Mothanos
Mothanos
✭✭✭
The lag on EU servers are reaching unacceptable standards.
We were promised EU servers post launch and we are nearing our 1st month...
I hope we are not getting played here.....
No news from this major feat is realy bad and US servers arent cutting it for us EU players both in pvp and pve.

Last i heared was 2 weeks post launch we would have our EU servers....
Any news on this matter ?
  • Burrick
    Burrick
    They never intended to give us EU servers and now numbers are diminishing there is even less chance.
    Options
  • Mothanos
    Mothanos
    ✭✭✭
    Are you serious sir ?
    I could have sworn developers promised EU servers 2 weeks post launch...
    The lag in some places is u...ugh
    Ability's can have 1 to 3 seconds delay and Cydrodiil is just one big lag investations :(
    Even small gang pvp far away from the massive zergs.

I realy hope your wrong m8 !
    Dont know if this game is going to cut it long term for the players then...
    Edited by Mothanos on April 29, 2014 8:22AM
    Options
  • Burrick
    Burrick
    Mothanos wrote: »
    Are you serious sir ?
    I could have sworn developers promised EU servers 2 weeks post launch...

The lag in some places is u...ugh
    Ability's can have 1 to 3 seconds delay and Cydrodiil is just one big lag investations :(
    Even small gang pvp far away from the massive zergs.

I realy hope your wrong m8 !
    Dont know if this game is going to cut it long term for the players then...

They did indeed say they would but I cannot see that they will, I hope I am wrong.

From experience playing MMO's since launch day in Everquest companies usually start with more servers than they need and put them where they need them, as numbers diminish they cut these back, server merges and/or server relocations closer to headoffices etc to reduce costs.

This game has reached it's peak of active players and will now start reducing in numbers until a stable level is reached. ( I am staying with the game as I really enjoy it btw)

It makes no sense financially to then put a datacenter in the EU as this alone won't increase player subs enough to warrant it?

Of course I could be and in fact hope I am wrong but I just can't see it.

First ZOS will be using all resources to fix bugs, balance, produce more content and the data centres would be looked at after that. This could take months and by that time how many players will be left?

At the risk of adding to this wall of text I will stop now :)

Regards

Options
  • Mothanos
    Mothanos
    ✭✭✭
    I realy hope your wrong there buddy as ESO is in a punching bag state atm and not to add salt to their injury i cannot believe they would scam us EU folks like this :(
    i am willing to give Zenimax some time as underneath all this mess lies a realy good mmo.
    But time is running out and many people are fed up with all the broken stuff ingame atm.

They cannot promise a whole continent their servers and then back down on this :(
    Wait and see i gues m8 and thanks for posting Burrick
    Options
  • Burrick
    Burrick
    I realy hope your wrong there buddy as ESO is in a punching bag state atm and not to add salt to their injury i cannot believe they
    would scam us EU folks like this :(
    i am willing to give Zenimax some time as underneath all this mess lies a realy good mmo.
    But time is running out and many people are fed up with all the broken stuff ingame atm.

They cannot promise a whole continent their servers and then back down on this :(
    Wait and see i gues m8 and thanks for posting Burrick

I think the same as you, there is a great MMO underneath - actually it's not even underneath, it is a good MMO.

With time it can be even better, I just worry about the costs involved, while it stays subscription based and we have a good amount of players then the future is bright.

I don't want to think of the other options, I played AOC from launch up to this point, what they promised and what we got are two hugely different things, I have seen it in most mmo's I played, just hoping this time it's different :)

Anyway get those servers up I want to roll a sorc!!!

Options
  • PinkOrk
    PinkOrk
    Burrick wrote: »

They did indeed say they would but I cannot see that they will, I hope I am wrong.

I really hope you are wrong ;)
    Burrick wrote: »

It makes no sense financially to then put a datacenter in the EU as this alone won't increase player subs enough to warrant it?

I'll take this as a hopeful question… saw some unofficial figures that bit over half he player base is from NA and 1/3 from EU and rest from other parts of the globe.

http://elderscrollsonline.info/news/number-of-subscribers-and-success-rate-of-elder-scrolls-online

Ofc those figures are just quesses and only ZOS knows the exact figures.
    From financial view i can't see why they should slap a fish at the 1/3 of the customer bases face :smile:

For me buying this game had three points: 1. game lore, 2. suitable native client and 3. EU servers...
    Options
  • Burrick
    Burrick
    I hope they do keep their word, either way I will continue playing.
    Options
  • Mothanos
    Mothanos
    ✭✭✭
    Would not want to be in Zenimax shoes once the word goes out we dont get out EU servers.
    This would be the biggest lie i ever came across in my 2 decades of playing mmo's.
    And trust me that each and every gaming news magazine will devour this scam with thousands of comments...

We bought the game knowing our servers would be installed post launch.
    When they back off from this i woulnt be suprised if thousands of people go refund or even begin lawsuits against Zenimax.
    You cannot sell something with that open in the field and let peopel buy your product only to be told "nah not going to happen".

This will haunt Zenimax for a long long time if they lie to us about this...
    Yet i still believe those servers are comming :)
    I mean they cant pull that *** off do they ?
    Edited by Mothanos on April 29, 2014 9:46AM
    Options
  • deef85b16_ESO
    deef85b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Would not want to be in Zenimax shoes once the word goes out we dont get out EU servers.
    This would be the biggest lie i ever came across in my 2 decades of playing mmo's.
    And trust me that each and every gaming news magazine will devour this scam with thousands of comments...

We bought the game knowing our servers would be installed post launch.
    When they back off from this i woulnt be suprised if thousands of people go refund or even begin lawsuits against Zenimax.
    You cannot sell something with that open in the field and let peopel buy your product only to be told "nah not going to happen".

This will haunt Zenimax for a long long time if they lie to us about this...
    Yet i still believe those servers are comming :)
    I mean they cant pull that *** off do they ?

They pulled a lot of more dirty tricks out of their hats tbh (payment debacle, change their ToS a few days before launch for example), So don't get your hopes up. They already have some lawsuits coming from German customers/business organisations.

They already lost my trust from all the stuff I've read how they treat their paying customers, and furthermore I feel like we're paying to beta test for them, which I think is really ridiculous! A lot of issues shouldn't have go live for sure.

I'm loyal but not stupid, and those who deserve it do get my honest loyalty.

I've defended ZoS in a lot of occasions before sh*t hit the fan, because I thought they care about their players and the game..

Edited by deef85b16_ESO on April 29, 2014 2:43PM
    Options
  • Mothanos
    Mothanos
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are in over their heads....
    This studio wasnt ready to launch a mmo of this magnitude...
    The choice for megaservers might be a wrong decision also.
    The bugs / phasing / lag / errors / are all commen in newly launched mmo's.
    We accept this as many of us been playing mmo's for a long time.

But the communication from ZOS about these issues and lack of feedback from them is not ok...

No word about EU servers..
    Cant group in Cyrodiil as each loading screen makes you crash or half your raid crash.
    Latency spikes to the extreme and sometimes even in pve you have seconds of delay with even the most powerfull glasviber connections.

All these little things makes you rage and frustrated...
    It adds up to not having fun and leaving you angry as your paying a monthly sub for this...
    ZOS is heading to a disaster if this doesnt get fixed soon and we dont get our EU servers.

I believe may is going to be a bad month for Zenimax...:(
    Options
  • Locke_ESO
    Locke_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    EU based servers are not 100% required imo. Games like Planetside 2 run off US based servers and it's not that big of a deal (occasional bad ping issues that get resolved fairly fast). The current lag and slow loading times are more likely down to poor load balancing or inadequate resources in their current networking infrastructure which can be resolved.

As a side note it's not that uncommon for companies to promise future features like this and not deliver nowadays. If this game was a massive success with millions of subscribers then you can almost guarantee they would see the benefit but if we are somewhere much lower (which we almost certainly are) then there is simply no chance they will spend the money on the building, housing and upkeep of a server hub in a country they dont already have a business setup in. 1 network box alone can cost up to £100,000 at the highest end (550 years of subscription fees from a single user).

Honestly I'm just happy that the EU franchise hasn't been farmed out to some uninterested third party media corporation.
    Edited by Locke_ESO on April 30, 2014 7:29AM
    Options
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EU based servers are not 100% required imo. Games like Planetside 2 run off US based servers and it's not that big of a deal (occasional bad ping issues that get resolved fairly fast).

You are trolling right? Planetside 2 based on US Servers?

Let me show you this :smile:

“Australia
    Briggs: 69.174.220.23,

Europe
    Ceres: 195.33.132.169, Netherlands
    Cobalt: 195.33.132.169, Netherlands
    Lithcorp: 195.33.132.168, Netherlands
    Mallory: 195.33.132.168, Netherlands
    Miller: 195.33.132.168, Netherlands
    Woodman: 195.33.132.169, Netherlands

USA (US West)
    Connery: 64.37.174.140, California
    Genudine: 64.37.174.143, California
    Helios: 64.37.174.140, California

USA (US EAST)
    Jaeger: 199.108.194.38, Virginia
    Mattherson: 199.108.194.38, Virginia
    SolTech: 199.108.194.39, Virginia
    Waterson: 199.108.194.41, Virginia”

Go ahead and ping 'em.

Servers based in US... In a Shooter game connecting on a Server accross the big sea is the death of that game. You need reliable latency. Especially in Shooters.

Why is this Forum full of ppl that dont know what they are talking about. Before you put down a post, get the facts straight..
    Options
  • Rakshat
    Rakshat
    ✭✭✭
    EU server is a myth, we're not getting it.

And I think I've seen a thread by zos team asking europeans if we are getting any latency spikes, haha. Zos, you silly...
    Raven Ashcrown
    GM of CRIMSON MALICE
    Proud member of: BATMAN BRIGADE and TEAM SUICIDE SQUAD

R.I.P. Wabbajack
    Options
  • Mothanos
    Mothanos
    ✭✭✭
    In an action based mmo latency sure as hell is a big deal....
    if you cant or dont know the diffrence i gues your playing on a 10 year old machine with a 56k modem or otherwise you would not say such silly things...

i can tell you this, no EU server = byebye ESO perdiod.
    and i can only say that there are many people who wont be doing a resub before we get our EU server.

This was not a maybe this was a 100% deal Zenimax made to us before we bought this game.
    If they back off on this then damn.....no words can describe a scam of this magnitude.
    And you can bet that this will go around the globe with lawsuits and gets so much negative news that they wished they never released this game.

You cannot backoff what you sold to people without a 100% refund.
    So its either money back or EU servers.
    Options
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you people ever stop to think that they rather have the server next to the NA server at least until they get the bugs that cause the lag and such and to make sure the server will run properly before sending it over? The NA server lags from time to time as well last night i had 7 second lag and im in NA >>
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
    Options
  • nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »
    Do you people ever stop to think that they rather have the server next to the NA server at least until they get the bugs that cause the lag and such and to make sure the server will run properly before sending it over? The NA server lags from time to time as well last night i had 7 second lag and im in NA >>

If the server is in the same place as the NA server, than why bother calling it the EU server at all? That is downright shady and misleading.

Sanguine's Beta Tester

Options
  • Frail_Old_Man
    Frail_Old_Man
    ✭✭
    Edit: Transferred to correct thread, it's morning, dont blame me.
    As for getting the actual EU server, I hope they bother to move it to EU asap, some of the latency issues can be heavily reinforced by the distance.
    Edited by Frail_Old_Man on May 1, 2014 6:01AM
    Sanguine's testers, the best testers.
    Alas we are no longer labeled as such.
    Options
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, folks. While we do not yet have a firm date for when the EU server will be moved, we want to assure you that the move is still planned.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Kallion
    Kallion
    ✭✭
    It's not just distance between EU & US, it's also (well, mostly) the server route. If we get around 15+ hops to reach a server then the connection will suffer. Plus, if the NA residents get a lag spike, the EU ones will get a much more reinforced one.

Right now I am in my "honeymoon" period as I got the game 3 days ago. So I still have a bit of patience. The impact of the long distance though can be quite visible in the game, if you're cursed with attention to detail as I tend to be.

Example:
    The thief mob class aoe (dagger rotation) tends to hit even when I move pretty far away. In order to completely avoid the attack means either roll or run away asap. The latency in the mob attacks is approximately 1.5 sec (I have to be out of the red zone at least 1.5sec before the attack executes). In some elite/boss fights, it's lethal. Hence my sorceror runs on heavy armor.

So right now that might be a small annoyance, but as time passes, I believe it will become a frustration.

Fast reaction games demand a low ping and in the case of an MMO, a 90-110ms is an average requirement. The usual ping to a US server (East Coast) from the EU is around 280-310ms. So the entire route from my computer to the server and back can be anything between 0.5-0.9sec in normal network traffic fluctuation.

I have noticed that the game executes abilities locally and then sends them to the server, but the reception appears to be the other way around. Not 100% certain, but during lag spikes it explains why I attack a mob, move far away and when the signal returns it's like I never attacked it at all.

So, if there was (is) no EU server @ launch, it will never happen. The company won't just pick up their already installed infrastructure and ship it overseas. And they definitely won't retire their EU Megaserver just to rent machines in another continent. So, what they built for launch, is what will remain running. Server nodes will become decommissioned as time passes, not expanded.
    Options
  • Samiri
    Samiri
    ✭✭✭
    My Ms Is Usually around 70ms to 200ms to the ESO Server.
    Options
  • Kallion
    Kallion
    ✭✭
    Hi, folks. While we do not yet have a firm date for when the EU server will be moved, we want to assure you that the move is still planned.

That is great to know and I might take back what I claimed earlier! My question is that if you plan to move a megaserver, will everyone be hosted on the US one as the move take place?

That could put an extra strain as half (or a third) of the server equipment goes off line during transit.
    Options
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU based servers are not 100% required imo. Games like Planetside 2 run off US based servers and it's not that big of a deal (occasional bad ping issues that get resolved fairly fast).

Planetside 2 EU servers are in Ireland.

Options
  • vince131nub18_ESO
    'MERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There is no safty to be found in a sword. a sword brings death. it does not give life. it is a responsibility... a burden... this is no gift. it is a curse. i hope one day... you will forgive me.
    Options
  • Kallion
    Kallion
    ✭✭
    Most MMO servers reside in Netherlands as it's the big hub that spreads across Europe.
    Options
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kallion wrote: »
    Most MMO servers reside in Netherlands as it's the big hub that spreads across Europe.

Its for the coffeeshops ;)

Options
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A part of me wants the server in Europe but other part of me says it's better to keep it in the States for a while, where they have instant access. Clearly they feel they can control it better from the USA. Nonetheless, it would be good to hear a movement plan like this, "if everything goes to plan, we are planning to move the server to EU with the second content update etc." Then we would all know what's going to happen.
    Options
  • Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In other words "keep giving us your money we will move it eventually cross our corporate hearts".

Yea right...
    Options
  • nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    nicholaspingasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

How about you put the EU server in the EU? Saying that there is an EU server and then having players from Europe experience the same lag as they would on the NA server is ridiculous.

Seriously, enough is enough. This should have been done pre-launch.
    Sanguine's Beta Tester

Options
  • Mothanos
    Mothanos
    ✭✭✭
    Had hoped for a date to go with that responce ZOS-TristanK...
    There are times where EU players have high ping / lag / ability delays / rubberbanding / and sometimes in pvp there is 10 second + delay in big sieges....

This is not realy how an mmo should work.
    Be it due to Megaserver tech or higher ping i have no idea....
    But fact remains that the fun is getting sucked out of this game wich is quite fun to play was it not for issues we mentioned.

We should get a date as i think many people hitting VR contend are going to die painfully due to this lag...
    I died to many times as skills and weapon swaps taking to long to kill 3 / 5 mob pulls where every 0.1 second counts.

It is quite frustrating to say the least :(
    Edited by Mothanos on May 3, 2014 7:40AM
    Options
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would you rather them move the EU server to EU without making sure it will run properly then having to shut it down AGAIN while it is returned to the US to be fixed. OR would you rather wait and have it sent there when it is ready? honestly ppl its not a big deal i have friends from EU and Aus who are playing the EU server with NO LAG.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
    Options