The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

3600 in live?

FabresFour
FabresFour
✭✭✭✭✭
So, a friend of mine opened PTS today, he created a character with the pts cp 3600 build, I didn't.

When he opened the live now, it was played for the CP 3600, not me. I imagine that PTS information is going live.

God have mercy on this day D:
@FabresFour - 2075 CP
Director and creator of the unofficial translation of The Elder Scrolls Online into BR-Portuguese.
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to be an interesting day of possible rollbacks depending if anything else made it to live server. :D
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
    Options
  • FabresFour
    FabresFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He deleted a character on PTS, and the character was deleted on live server

D:
    Edited by FabresFour on April 15, 2024 10:25PM
    @FabresFour - 2075 CP
    Director and creator of the unofficial translation of The Elder Scrolls Online into BR-Portuguese.
    Options
  • ForumSavant
    ForumSavant
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin Take the servers down, both PTS and live ASAP.
    Options
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭✭
    FabresFour wrote: »
    He deleted a character on PTS, and the character was deleted on live server

D:

WAIT WHAT
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    We are working on this and aware of the issue. Thanks for highlighting.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • shukkig4
    shukkig4
    ✭✭
    I hope zos will act quickly this time, because this has a potential to be quite harmful, hope it's not going to end up like multi bidding did where no actions were taken for some time.
    Options
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Live server needs to go down like now.
    Options
  • ForumSavant
    ForumSavant
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted characters on PTS are also being deleted on live. You can make an absurd amount of gold from a template, I assume it will be abused. There is no way there isn't just a full rollback on live servers to what they were prior to PTS updating. Praying for those who managed to get rare outfit styles during that stretch of time.
    Options
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

I hope we aren't going to get in trouble for having these characters on live ><
    Options
  • Nissowolf
    Nissowolf
    ✭✭✭
    noblecron wrote: »

You can't be punished for a problem on their part
    Joueur PVE HL 1000 cp+

Nightblade Stam
    Dragonknight tank
    Templar heal

Rôliste dans la communauté Brumes
    Ancien administrateur du Discord TesoFR
    Options
  • FabresFour
    FabresFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are people taking PTS gold and trying to pass it on to unsuspecting players. They just tried to do this to me, if I hadn't known about the bug I probably would have accepted it. D:
    @FabresFour - 2075 CP
    Options
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FabresFour wrote: »
    There are people taking PTS gold and trying to pass it on to unsuspecting players. They just tried to do this to me, if I hadn't known about the bug I probably would have accepted it. D:

if people get banned for that its not fair at all. sadly though, its gonna happen :(
    Options
  • ForumSavant
    ForumSavant
    ✭✭✭
    Nissowolf wrote: »

You SHOULDN'T be. But they have punished people for their own issues multiple times in the past, even ones that were not exploited, just someone who encountered an issue and did not interact with it again. With that being said, I doubt anyone gets banned.
    Options
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Please post something on the live general forum. Servers are now down without any info over there.
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    cyclonus11 wrote: »

Please post something on the live general forum. Servers are now down without any info over there.

We needed time to write something to put up. We have now published some info. You can find it here.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you use the wrong DB,

DROP TABLE can have some awful side effects..
    PC / NA - 1500 CP
    L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
    L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
    L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
    L50 Khajit MagDK PvE DPS 97k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
    L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
    L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
    L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA/vvH Potato Sorc
    L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
    L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
    L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
    L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
    L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
    L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
    L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul
    L20 Nord Arcanist PvE Tank (US/EP) "Now Thats a Huge Witch"

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
    L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
    L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
    L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
    L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

|GM - The Bin Chicken Alliance | Aussie Dragon Slayers | Aedra | The Skooma Emporium | The Bus | The Bounty Hunters Guild |
    Options
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are absolutely not going to get into trouble for a database error at ZOS's end! Don't worry about that at all.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Options
  • TheAwesomeChimpanzee
    if they roll the server back I will fume, spent all day farming liar of maarselok for z'en dagger and finally got it a few minutes before the server was taken down.
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's no way of going forward without a roll back if anything PTS wise gone live in any capacity.
    Options
  • BetweenMidgets
    BetweenMidgets
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nissowolf wrote: »

This has been very much proven false.
    Options
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    While I realize quick action was necessary to try and minimize the damage caused, a 5 minute warning on the live server would have been nice, to give us a chance to get out of what we were doing at the time. Taking the live server down with no warning is probably going to cause as much damage as the glitch, but be harder to repair.
    Options
  • MaraxusTheOrc
    MaraxusTheOrc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has to be a rollback. I’m sorry to those of you who earned things but there 100% has to be a rollback.
    Options
  • zNeo
    zNeo
    ✭✭✭
    aussie500 wrote: »
    While I realize quick action was necessary to try and minimize the damage caused, a 5 minute warning on the live server would have been nice, to give us a chance to get out of what we were doing at the time. Taking the live server down with no warning is probably going to cause as much damage as the glitch, but be harder to repair.

That'd be banging, then I'd have an 5 minutes to thrift my shared gold from the PTS on the Live! Yay!
    Options
  • Secilina
    Secilina
    ✭✭
    aussie500 wrote: »

While I get that this would be frustrating to you, what benefit would you get from leaving whatever you were doing.

Dying has no impact in eso, like worst case scenario you load in and your character has 30% resources and is stood at the wayshrine nearest in the activity you were doing, youve lost nothing here and theyve saved a lot of time trying to unpick transactions that may have occured, if they dont choose to do a full rollback and instead try to track the items
    Options
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any update on the PTS? @ZOS_GinaBruno

I completely understand that the live server takes priority. Just wondering if i should call it quits for tonight and go to bed without pts :open_mouth:
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any update on the PTS? @ZOS_GinaBruno

I completely understand that the live server takes priority. Just wondering if i should call it quits for tonight and go to bed without pts :open_mouth:

She posted an update. Expecting ‘several hours’ of downtime. Go ahead and go to bed.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.

Loremaster’s Archive open for questions!
    Options
  • dk_dunkirk
    dk_dunkirk
    ✭✭✭
    There has to be a rollback. I’m sorry to those of you who earned things but there 100% has to be a rollback.

Literally everything that happens in the game is logged. (I think this is why they won't move accounts between platforms: they can't move the logged actions, because they deal with people and circumstances that won't exist on the other side.) They *should* be able to determine the I'm-guessing-relatively-few accounts that logged into the PTS when this happened, and clean things up from the logs. In fact, it's my guess that this is what's taking so long: creating a script to remove the stuff that should not have occurred. But, hey, I'm just a full-stack developer for 30 years. What do I know? But that's what I'd be at least *trying* to do.
    Options
  • buzzsaw67
    buzzsaw67
    Can't edit so Ill repost. This is still happening 4/18/24 on the regular server. Got kicked 2x today after first waitig through a 2 minute+ queue.
    Options