The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Today suddenly, Minion doesn't work

DreamyLu
DreamyLu
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello All

Since today, Minion doesn't work for me anymore. At first, when I opened it, it told me that it can't reach internet. Strange...

First, based on what I found on the internet, I added the link to the exclusions by my internet protection. No change.

Then, I uninstall it and re-install it new, with the hope that it could help. It went worse: Minion doesn't detect the existing addons on my computer, even when I give him the folder. :/

What is happening? Anyone could help?

Thanks in advance
Lu .-
Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 21, 2024 10:26AM
I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for double posting: just to say, I have just found out the other thread and will swap to it. Mods can close my post. Sorry that I didn't see it before. :blush:
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im not sure why it wouldnt detect anything, when you uninstalled you could have chosen to not remove the config files, so you wouldnt have to reconfigure anything for minion once you reinstalled the updated version

if you did uninstall everything, including your configurations, then yes you would have to make it re-point to the addon folder and everything to see what you had
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here, seems to be a problem with Minion, not yours

Also, there is a thread here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/655428/if-unable-to-connect-via-minion-starting-03-30-2024-read-linked-forum-thread

Solution:
    TomCat wrote: »
    FafiQ_xP wrote: »
    Where config files of minion are stored so I can backup? Does anyone know path? I wanna try uninstall and install new version but do not want to set up minion settings again.

No need for set up settings:
    1. Deinstall:
    Are you sure you want to completety remove Minion and all of its components? YES
    Do you want to delete the minion configuration directory? NO
    Minion was successfully removed from your computer.

2. Download Minion from https://minion.mmoui.com/?download

3. Start Minion3.0.12.exe
    When the Setup asks
    The folder ( e.g. C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Local\Minion)
    already exists, Would you like to install to that folder anyway? YES
    and finish the installation
    Launch Minion and all is ok
    Edited by DTStormfox on April 5, 2024 5:27PM
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We are going to go ahead and close this thread as per the request of the OP.

Thank you for your understanding!
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.