The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sometimes when I go to www.elderscrollsonline.com my language switches to Japanese

Ulfson
Ulfson
✭✭✭
I visited Japan in Feb. and since then I have had problems with www.elderscrollsonline.com sometimes using Japanese as my language. This is not happening consistently. On Feb 23 I got a trouble ticket email in Japanese. For the last few weeks I sometimes get www.elderscrollsonline.com pages in Japanese. I can't tell if this is a Chrome issue or ESO but suspect it is on the ESO side as no other sites preset themselves as Japanese.
Is there a way to reset my default language in the ESO system?
This has only happened on my @Wulfrun account.
Ulfson (@Wulfrun, @antiflux)
Happy Trails
Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 15, 2024 4:18PM
  • Ulfson
    Ulfson
    ✭✭✭
    I have tried Edge and Chrome but both switch to Japanese when I login to my Account.
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Ulfson

Are you using any 3rd party applications that would affect your web browser?

Have you tried clearing both the cache and cookies in Chrome?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Ulfson
    Ulfson
    ✭✭✭
    By fiddling around with some of the options I discovered three kanji(?) symbols in the upper left. On the English screens that is where I see "English". I selected that on the Japanese screen and selected English. That seems to have fixed the problem.

I don't have any third party browser things. I did clear the cache and cookies in Chrome and Edge. Both show the same issue. I see a few pages in English and then when I have to enter username and password the next screen loaded would be in Japanese. There is something inconsistent in the language for the web site pages. This issue made it difficult to purchase the Golden Road DLC. I had been trying to make a payment for a week before coming here.
    A web programmer should ask why did the language for the steps up to the payment not follow the user into the actual payment pages?
    Thank you.
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for keeping us updated. As this issue has now been fixed, we are going to close the discussion going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.