The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Would most of my sets from 2 years ago be obsolete now?

BackLotBasher
BackLotBasher
✭✭
I can barely remember what Healer sets I was using back before I took a break from the game, just that they were above average tier at the time. I was thinking of diving back in, but would I have to farm a bunch of new items now? Are any of the old sets still popular? I'd like to check and see what I have in my inventory.

A big reason I'm so hesitant to get back into the game is that I always feel like I'm behind the curve when I do. Would I still need to buy content in order to catch up, or at least have a sub?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 2, 2024 6:33PM
  • OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing sets haven't changed that much. Though CP and power creep generally means quite literally anything goes until you hit score pushing or trifecta groups.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in terms of "meta" for most trial healing i frequently see:

roaring opportunist + jorvuld + some group buff monster set (ozezan from scriveners hall is a common one) or

pillagers + SPC + symphony of blades monster set

theres a lot of other sets that can still work though

pretty sure the roaring opportunist + jorvuld has been around for quite a long time at this point

same with SPC
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the type of Healer you are. Do you just keep people alive, or do you provide special utility?

You can go for just plain Heals and build on your Spell Power, Max Magic, and Critical stats. Any basic set can do that.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post