The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Character transfer

Zerin_1
Zerin_1
What are the odds they allow you to transfer your character from a different console ?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on November 13, 2023 3:23AM
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zero, unfortunately. That happened once a very long time ago but I'm not certain on the specifics involved. As it stands now, we have to start from scratch again. Gotta get those sweet Crown store double ups so one account can match the other.
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can't or wont, or both, transfer single characters. We had a mass transfer back at console launch as it was going into a new database.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was only possible when the console versions launched and PC accounts could be copied to a clean database on console. ZOS have said they don't have the necessary setup to copy accounts to a populated server and don't intend to create it. It isn't even possible to transfer data between regional servers on the same platform, and the PTS has to be wiped between either the PC EU or PC NA database being copied across to it, both can't be on there together.

It's commonly thought that there may also be contractual restrictions preventing one platform provider "poaching" customers from another one.
    Options
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if they get Nintendo to sign onto ESO and even then it would be PC transfers to Switch 2.
    Options
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    the good news is you can transfer to steam handheld console without theneed for any help from zos>>>???? and the new steam console handheld has an oled display... my arent they so fancy!
    Edited by YetAnotherLinuxUser on November 13, 2023 2:10AM
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    the good news is you can transfer to steam handheld console without theneed for any help from zos>>>???? and the new steam console handheld has an oled display... my arent they so fancy!

Steam accesses the PC servers, so nothing is being transferred between megaservers there.
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's an account question.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    It is not possible for Customer Support, to transfer characters, gear, gold, crowns or items, between different accounts, servers, or platforms. Please see the FAQ below for further details.

Can I transfer my ESO account and characters between different platforms or servers?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post