The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update 40 PC Maintenance Extension

• Mesonyx
    Mesonyx
    ✭✭✭
    First thing? Spend time in the queue I imagine...
    Options
  • Jimbru
    Jimbru
    ✭✭✭✭
    As for what I'll be doing, first thing will be my normal daily routine: daily crafting writs, daily endeavors and the event. After that, I'll be heading to the nearest transmute station to start all the build changes I've been putting off while waiting for the Jewelcrafting changes.
    Options
  • centime
    centime
    ✭✭✭
    Daily chores (writs, maps/surveys, etc.), jewelry crafting master writs, check out new antiquities then event-related things (it's my first Witches Festival, so...). End of day I always sort/process my inventory and do a bit of decorating, time permitting.

ZOS asking about our activities to deflect our attention away from the extended maintenance is pretty funny to me.
    Options
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    Do chores on my alt (writs, surveys, prologue daily #1347 with no brazier plan yet, IC daily, whathaveyou) then hopefully event related activities.

Providing there are no further extensions that is. The current extension is already putting pressure on the schedule.

What's the brazier plan? And which prologue daily?? I am curious now
    Options
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wondering why you schedule a major update during an event? Makes absolutely no sense.
    Options
  • robertlabrie
    robertlabrie
    ✭✭✭
    Remember to update your addons. For anyone wondering, Dolgubon has updated LazyCrafting to support the new grand master stations and the new Jewelry item types
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember to update your addons. For anyone wondering, Dolgubon has updated LazyCrafting to support the new grand master stations and the new Jewelry item types

Yes but be SURE to read the part about NOT UPDATING THE ADDON AND LIBRARY until after maintenance is done!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold out jewelry and then Endless Archive stickerbook speedrun any%. Hopefully I can finish before Arcanist gets the sledge hammer.
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for letting us know, Gina :smile: The first thing will probably be to check out how many jewellery materials I will have (so I can finally gold out my alt's sets, so they don't feel like left out plebs compared to my mains :lol:). Then it's Endless Archive time!
    Options
  • Jimbru
    Jimbru
    ✭✭✭✭
    centime wrote: »
    ZOS asking about our activities to deflect our attention away from the extended maintenance is pretty funny to me.

ZOS clearly hasn't learned to do maintenance on the Scotty Principle. If it will take two hours, tell them four. That way you give yourself breathing room and if you get done early, you look like a miracle worker. ;)

Options
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daily writs first, then collect some more event tickets & containers and perhaps trying the Endless Archive later on.
    Options
  • Aleris
    Aleris
    ✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »

Yes but be SURE to read the part about NOT UPDATING THE ADDON AND LIBRARY until after maintenance is done!

why? i already updated mine
    Options
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check new grouping system.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aleris wrote: »

I'm not going to requote the whole thing. I suggest you read what Dolgubon said, and then politely ask on his comments page for the addon how to fix your situation.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • centime
    centime
    ✭✭✭
    Ill be grocery shopping due to snowstorm, my family ate everything and left nothing for the mice! And when I get in I'll be giving away golden platings cuz I will have 2k of the dang things!

Sorry you are having to deal with a snowstorm. Grocery shopping when there is snow - especially a full-blown snowstorm - is on a whole other level. People get desperate, stock runs out and driving in snow (assuming that is what you are doing) can be a real challenge.

2k golden platings! I only have 2 at the present time (that's "2" not "2k", lol) so I am really looking forward to this update. I've not been playing that long so I haven't had a chance to accrue them like you have. Nice of you to give some away.
    Options
  • sparxys
    sparxys
    ✭✭
    mayorez wrote: »
    Why can’t you do maint behind the scene like Guild Wars 2? They never have downtime that interferes with playing…

Educated guess: because it would be an expense that is both substantial and difficult to justify when the majority of the player base is either sleeping while the maintenance takes place or they will just accept - and even defend - the maintenance downtime as an inevitable necessity without even entertaining the idea that alternatives do exist.

Also I imagine that the server infrastructure is quite different from ESO.

As far as I know GW2 did have maintenance where the servers DID shut down for a few hours when I was playing it (2/3 years ago).

Even VALORANT has downtime when major updates roll out or when they're working on the servers, only difference is that Riot Games is much bigger so they can afford to have a lot more people working on the servers at any given time and that leads to a shorter downtime.
    Gib me funny itemz 💅 slay 💅
    Options
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mayorez wrote: »
    Why can’t you do maint behind the scene like Guild Wars 2? They never have downtime that interferes with playing…

Educated guess: because it would be an expense that is both substantial and difficult to justify when the majority of the player base is either sleeping while the maintenance takes place or they will just accept - and even defend - the maintenance downtime as an inevitable necessity without even entertaining the idea that alternatives do exist.

I'm at work, just goofing off on forums. Extended maintenance means very little to me, I won't be home until much later
    Options
  • Isteris
    Isteris
    ✭✭✭
    I need to dump my newly converted chromium plates onto the market before everyone else does. Please hurry ... millions in gold is at stake! :D

i will have around 700 but they sure wont be for sale, out of interest what do think chromium will go for early doors and more importantly what will they stabilize at. My feeling is they come in around the price of Tempering Alloy since they will be singal use like metal and wood tempers.
    Options
  • smdalyb14_ESO
    smdalyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'll probably stand around on that pile of planks in Vivec wondering what to do first. That will occupy 30-60 minutes no doubt.
    Options
  • Aleris
    Aleris
    ✭✭✭

Aleris wrote: »

I'm not going to requote the whole thing. I suggest you read what Dolgubon said, and then politely ask on his comments page for the addon how to fix your situation.

well it says nothing on the addon page, apart from the thing that the new update would not work with previous patch so need to wait for manteinance to use it. that is all.
    Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be farming plunder skulls. I'm not really interested in the Endless Archive. I'll only do it later to get the furnishings and that's it
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
    Options
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got 6000 vouchers saved up for the Grand Master crafting stations... Oh wait! I am on console. :D:D
    Options
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Setting up my crafting stations, priority number 1. I was up at 6 this morning preparing for that before the servers went down.
    Edited by cyberjanet on October 30, 2023 2:43PM
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
    Options
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got 6000 vouchers saved up for the Grand Master crafting stations... Oh wait! I am on console. :D:D

That just means you're extra prepared ahead of time! :)
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to update, we are still currently on track to open within the next hour or so.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • hotkatz
    hotkatz
    Soul Shriven

[/quote]

Also I imagine that the server infrastructure is quite different from ESO.

As far as I know GW2 did have maintenance where the servers DID shut down for a few hours when I was playing it (2/3 years ago).

Even VALORANT has downtime when major updates roll out or when they're working on the servers, only difference is that Riot Games is much bigger so they can afford to have a lot more people working on the servers at any given time and that leads to a shorter downtime.[/quote]

GW2 is literally only down for as long as it takes you to download the patch, bar I think 2 or 3 incidents where the servers have gone down due to technical issues. I speak as someone for whom GW2 (WvW) is their main game
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »
    Do chores on my alt (writs, surveys, prologue daily #1347 with no brazier plan yet, IC daily, whathaveyou) then hopefully event related activities.

Providing there are no further extensions that is. The current extension is already putting pressure on the schedule.

What's the brazier plan? And which prologue daily?? I am curious now

N.Elsweyr prologue quest (The Demon Weapon) once completed unlocks a set of daily quests and the reward coffer has an infinitesimal chance to drop the plan for the Khajiit Brazier, Enchanted.
    Options
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    plunderskulls >:):)<3
    PC
    Options
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give you an update that we've run into a couple issues during PC maintenance today that is going to require us to extend maintenance until 12pm EDT. We'll be sure to keep you updated on progress in this thread and we'll let you know if it looks like we may open sooner.

In the meantime, what are you planning to do first when the servers open? Will you hop right into Endless Archive? Dive into Jewelry Crafting? Dig up some of the new Antiquities? Do your writs? :wink:

yes do my writs, and be a werewolf and eat the towns peoples
    Options
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate the update
    Options