The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fishing and Coelacanth

• ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annoying can be painful. Annoying is something you have to put up with; you can ignore it, nothing is forcing you to do it. Many love it as I do, nothing in your argumenta has swayed me otherwise.

Do you fish in meat-space? Probably not.

Re-read what I wrote about nodes above. You can't compare it to other resource nodes, it's not a node: it's catching live, living creatures called fish with a special tool and without destroying the environment. Dynamite anyone?

Fishing is different because fishing is different.

I have use for it, so that's all that matters, I'm the OP.

The reason for fishing is already explained above by several posters and myself, I'm not going to try to convince you, I really don't care, I love fishing in ESO! And always will :-) I hav to say to you, you're talking in circles

im not saying people cant/shouldnt enjoy the fishing as it currently is

there are certain things you HAVE to fish for in the game if you want to get them (some antiquity leads, achievements, roe, etc), so ill put up with it to an extent, and have addons to help support fishing (such as alerting me when to reel in), but the fact i have to initiate the reel in action still (because addons cannot automate that) is what annoys me the most

the way i see it though is this is a game, fishing and rune harvesting are, to me, essentially doing the same thing, harvesting a material node, one node is runes and the other is fish, thats why we have different material nodes and why i see fishing nodes as an outlier to the rest of the material nodes (and yes i know there are fishing games, but realistic fishing belongs in bass pro 3 (for example), not ESO in my opinion)

but the way fishing is set up now is the reason i generally dont do it much (i did it for master angler, and a few antiquity leads, but the rest of the zone fishing achievements are like the bottom of the backburner because i dont really like fishing minigame)

honestly, if zos just allowed addons to automate the "reel in" action on fishing, i would be 100% on board with doing more fishing, and it wouldnt change the game for anyone else, or even added some built in game option to auto reel in
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014