Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Vet Maelstrom Arena - not saving?

Nerdrage9000
Nerdrage9000
✭✭✭
So I am doing Vet Maelstrom Arena, get to 5th section - go to smoke - game time's out

Log back in - have to restart at 1st arena

Restart - get to 3rd arena - port out to main city - go back in - HAVE TO START OVER????!?!?

Yes - when I first started I grabbed the Arena quest from the demon guy out front...

What am I missing here?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 7, 2023 5:32PM
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It shouldn't work that way, you should have to restart at round 1 of whatever stage you got to. Something is really messed up if it's completely resetting.
  • Nerdrage9000
    Nerdrage9000
    ✭✭✭
    It shouldn't work that way, you should have to restart at round 1 of whatever stage you got to. Something is really messed up if it's completely resetting.

Totally agree - no worries whatsoever at starting round 1 of said stage - BUUUUUUUUT this thing is doing a full factory reset back to round 1 stage 1.

Its a real bummer summer
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you switched difficulties at any point?

There are separate quests for (normal) Maelstrom Arena and Veteran Maelstrom Arena (the vet one is labeled as such).

I wonder if that's interfering somehow.
  • Bithabus
    Bithabus
    ✭✭
    You have to pick up the quest
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't take the quest it won't save your progress.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Nerdrage9000
    Nerdrage9000
    ✭✭✭
    Yes - when I first started I grabbed the Arena quest from the demon guy out front...

• Nerdrage9000
    Nerdrage9000
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

There are separate quests for (normal) Maelstrom Arena and Veteran Maelstrom Arena (the vet one is labeled as such).

So before I started I did indeed change from Normal to Veteran
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So before I started I did indeed change from Normal to Veteran

Did you pick up the normal quest and then switch to vet? Because that would likely cause your issue. It only saves progress for the difficulty version of the quest you have.
  • Nerdrage9000
    Nerdrage9000
    ✭✭✭

Oooooooooooooh - hey now!

Yes - this is it I think

I am pretty sure that I grabbed the quest - ran in - and was like oh snap this is on normal

Ported out - set to Veteran - and did NOT drop the quest and then get a new one!

PEBCAK.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glad that was straight forward to diagnose,still a bummer about repeating arenas.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post