The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's the big deal with teabagging? Like it, hate it, don't care?

• Groterdan
    Groterdan
    ✭✭✭
    Don't care. Virtual heros if done irl would be different 😂
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It just let's me know that either:

You're 12 years old, so I don't care what you do

or

I've gotten under your skin at some point, probably by killing you over and over, which makes me laugh.
    Edited by Brrrofski on April 23, 2023 8:53AM
  • arch1t3ct
    arch1t3ct
    ✭✭✭
    IMO it's a disrespect gestrure. Usually I'm chill but If someones being excessively salty, or trashtalks, or tbags first, then they get what they deserve. If you are just a normal player then i wouldn't even think of tbagging you
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the dawn of PVP the strong have been bagging the weak. Counterstrike, Halo, Team Fortress, any multiplayer game that allows crouching.

That crouching has become a feature in MMOs, that T-Bagging has become something our avatars can do in an MMO is an evolution of videogames. You were born with thumbs, use them to bag (lol cuz it's stick click on controller).

Now some bagging is holier than others.

When to bag:
    -When some one wrote a check their tush can't cash (like try to gank you)
    -When you know someone well enough to know they'll think it's funny
    -When someone is like 11-0-2 and you just got the only kill on them
    -When you are in comms with them and you just saw them die to a gank

When to consider not bagging:
    -When it wasn't a solo kill
    -When the target didn't have a chance
    -When there's a bunch of stuff going on, and you'll probably die if you stop to bag someone
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really bothers me, and has for years. Until recently anyone who tbagged me went on my ignore list as a way to know who to target. This behavior is so out of control though that my list filled to cap. I ended up getting an addon recently that allows me to place a 'Kill on Sight' icon next to their name plate and its been helping me just accept the behavior and justify ganking.

There is a specific player in IC that has been asked to stop around a dozen times, I even have 5 tickets against them spanning a couple months (with attached media) and nothing changed. So I have come to realization that its either figure out a way to accept it or stay out of my favorite place in ESO.
    Edited by Unknown_Redemption on April 25, 2023 12:02AM
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious. I've had a few people do it to me and while it does add insult to simulated injury it just feels like a final blow after a good battle.

Do you like it? Hate it? Don't care?

I personally don't do it but what does everyone think? I was thinking last night it would be cool if there was a fart emote with green gas effects specifically made for such a thing lol, hence the post.

I don't PVP very often but honestly don't care about teabagging, it's just pretty funny really.
  • Rogue_WolfESO
    Rogue_WolfESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have no issue with the bags. They are fun to receive and give. Nothing says "we pissed you off" like a group of 5 ppl taking a keep and getting demolished by a zerg of 30 ppl, and having 20 of them bag your bodies. [snip]

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 30, 2023 4:46PM
  • ZOS_Kraken
    Hello,

We have recently removed some inappropriate commentary. We would like everyone to keep posts on the subject at hand, civil, and constructive.

Zos_kraken
    Staff Post
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no issue with the bags. They are fun to receive and give. Nothing says "we pissed you off" like a group of 5 ppl taking a keep and getting demolished by a zerg of 30 ppl, and having 20 of them bag your bodies. [snip]

I think this right here illustrates the crux of the argument over teabagging. Some people seem to get some kind of enjoyment out of the idea that they’ve “pissed off” another player. I see it all the time in Cyrodiil zone chat, “AD mad lol” etc. and it honestly has always kind of baffled me. Why do you find pleasure in angering a stranger? Teabagging obviously angers some people, as the complaints clearly show, so the people who like to anger people will continue to do it unless ZOS steps in to do more to curb it. In the meantime, those who want to participate in PvP will have to find ways to deal it personally.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 30, 2023 4:46PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just don't think a lot of people give it much thought when they do it...

it's like they saw it somewhere and feel obligated to repeat the action...

when I see an ally do it i''ll normally start doing emotes next to the dead toon body and almost always the ally bagger will join in and do emotes also...

I love taunting fallen foes with emotes...

my fave is to do the knee slap laugh then the play dead emote...

ha, you died...I love it when someone gets me back and starts doing emotes over my body...I definitely appreciate and stay around for the show 😊
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »

I think this right here illustrates the crux of the argument over teabagging. Some people seem to get some kind of enjoyment out of the idea that they’ve “pissed off” another player. I see it all the time in Cyrodiil zone chat, “AD mad lol” etc. and it honestly has always kind of baffled me. Why do you find pleasure in angering a stranger? Teabagging obviously angers some people, as the complaints clearly show, so the people who like to anger people will continue to do it unless ZOS steps in to do more to curb it. In the meantime, those who want to participate in PvP will have to find ways to deal it personally.

I think he meant it is funny being the 5 being bagged, knowing that they've annoyed the 30.

Which I agree with. If I get bagged, it's because I obviously bother you. Usually because I killed you a bunch of times.

I find it funny when I get zerged down by 10 people when I'm solo and the potato that I've killed 20 times sprints 200m to get a bag in.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 30, 2023 4:47PM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really not a fan. Would be 100% happier and find it funny if it was anything not involving peoples *** etc (and yes I know its pixels)
    Soupy twist
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't care. Though when it happens in BG's by a player on a team who is in 3rd place, usually very far down in 3rd place, I do make an effort to point out (1) congrats on finally killing me, and (2) good job on the loss.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

30 should beat 5 every single time. Alabama doesn't tear down goalposts for beating The Citadel.

Now if the 5 beat the 30, its time for tea.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 30, 2023 4:47PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t get bothers by trivial things but it does seem childish.

• Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

30 should beat 5 every single time. Alabama doesn't tear down goalposts for beating The Citadel.

Now if the 5 beat the 30, its time for tea.

This is only true if the 30 and the 5 are all actually skilled and experienced players. In PvP, many if not all of the 30 are often inexperienced, poorly geared, or both. I can't count the number of times that I've come across 5+ of my teammates uselessly chasing some tower runner in the outer wall at one of our keeps, only to bring them down within a few seconds by using an effective hard CC and dealing actual damage. I'm an average PvPer on a good day, so this tells me that the other 5+ just don't know what they're doing or don't care to put together an actual PvP build.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 30, 2023 4:48PM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Marcus684 Oh, I've seen enough bad PVP to know that 5 beating 30 isn't unheard of, but assuming all things are equal, 30 beating 5 isn't something to cheer over. If there were an anti-teabag bandwagon I would jump on, its that the zerg is not allowed to teabag.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't do it, and although I get annoyed sometimes when people do it (especially if it's a player that didn't kill you themselves, and was just zerging along), I just rez and don't pay attention. It's a rude gesture for sure, and it's not even humorous, but some players are like that, what can you do.
  • pedrogonzalez
    pedrogonzalez
    ✭✭
    If I spot shadowy disguise on a dead body, go away the corner and than my sneak key starts to lag a lot- is this count as teabag?
  • bachpain
    bachpain
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am indifferent. It is pixels on a screen, no one is doing anything to "me". I do laugh out loud literally when someone in a raid rolls over a solo and Tbags them.
  • cuddles_with_wroble
    the problem with tbagging is that it depends on who you know and how well your liked by the community. tbagging is a bannable offence but some people take that more srsly than others.

i myself have been temp banned more than once and i know people who have been perma banned for tbagging people who tbagged us first! someone kills you and the tbags you. but then when you kill them and do it back now all of the sudden they are telling you its against ToS and your being reported.

thats my main issue with tbagging, personally i dont care if someone tbags me bcs it doesnt bother me and i dont think it should be a bannable offence as its just in game taunting in a pvp environment and i see nothing wrong with a little in game beef as long as it stays in game and isnt just harassment.

but i hate this double standard we have where i cant t bag people bcs zergling dont like me but zerglings can t bag me and get away with it bcs i dont have 100 people in my guild to mass report them for it.

ive even sent in clips of people tbagging me over and over again and they never get banned so i think thats really stupid.
  • AlayneStone
    AlayneStone
    ✭✭✭
    I usually don't do it but i have on occasion been that immature and t-bagged the odd rude player who've hate whispered me for no reason.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    it's a game.
    It is not real.
    It's actually some virtually crouching over your virtual dead body.
    Maybe they are actually trying cpr on your virtual body?

go "nuts" doesn't bother me.

• nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    teabagging has been a part of gaming since its inception. it is a huge aspect of gaming culture and it is only really toxic if you view it as being toxic. if someone defeats you by even the most unfair of means or even simply stumbles upon your corpse it is their right to do the crouch dance of shaming upon your lifeless digital corpse and shall always be so. if you do not like it you should not play pvp games with a crouch funtion because there is absolutely no stopping it players will always find a way. instead of complaining on the forums about something that will never change, you yourself should change in your perspective and realize whenever you or anyone else is being bagged the person doing the bagging is simply expressing their love and joy for pvp in videogames and you respectively should parade and celebrate that others such as this teabagger love pvp in videogames, because it is this love of pvp in videogames that keeps its existance as a hobby in this reality we call human life.

edit: shame on you
    Edited by nublife01 on May 6, 2023 7:55PM
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well said, nublife. It is a fundamental piece of PVP culture. We do it to celebrate the glorious combat, to show gratitude for our survival, and reverence for the fallen. In fact, I didn't even know tea-bagging was considered a bad thing until somebody got all mad about it. I thought I was just praying for them in accordance with the customs of my culture.
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't care and to me it reflects that the player doing it is very immature.
  • Quackery
    Quackery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because the intent is to humiliate. Nothing good can come out off of teabagging.
    Edited by Quackery on May 13, 2023 4:25PM
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you kill someone, "act like you've been there before".

Hall of Fame NFL RB Barry Sanders used to just hand the ball to an official after scoring a TD.
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just classless. I've been involved in martial arts all my life, and other sports when I was younger. Win/lose it's a competition. You bow, you respect your opponent, and win/lose you teach each other so that you both can improve. Teabagging to me is like watching monkeys sling their own crap. Worse even, as animals don't know any better. Have some honor and self respect.

That being said there's always someone out there willing to play in their own poo. Go figure.
  • Weckless
    Weckless
    ✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    I was making a parallel between two things that have some things in common-- not trying to say they are EXACTLY the same.

I mean I could say that your parallel is way off the mark because I was talking about bad things and you're talking about good things. But I won't do that-- because I know what you meant-- and I understand you're only using an example not trying to create a rule.

I was just using an example. Not trying to create a rule.

So its okay tongo around making friendly jokes at people you dont know. Got it lol. Ill start shining bald peoples heads and making the beep beep beep noises when fat people move backwards. Id do it to my friends so I can do it to people i dont know surely