The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How do you access the public test server?

sPark101
sPark101
✭✭✭
How do you access the public test server? The only server options I have are NA and EU.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 16, 2023 5:22PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to install it. And I think it is pc only.

Note, it is second full install of the game
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @sPark101:

This answer assumes you're playing on PC or Mac, since the PTS isn't available for Xbox or Playstation.

On the ESO launcher screen, before you actually launch the game by clicking the "Play" button, there should be a little gear icon up in the corner. Click that icon and you should get some "Settings - Launcher." One of those settings should be a checkbox that says "Show Public Test Environment." Click on that to put a check in the box, then click "Apply" down below.

As already mentioned, the PTS is a second installation of the game, so you'll need to have enough free space on your system, and the initial installation might take a while.

Once the PTS has been installed, the launcher should list two things under the "Games" category-- "The Elder Scrolls Online" and "The Elder Scrolls Online (PTS)." Click on whichever one you want to launch, then click the "Play" button to launch it.
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on April 18, 2023 2:46PM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • sPark101
    sPark101
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all, I found the PTS under games (it was greyed out a bit) and will give it a try once I clear up some disk space.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sPark101 wrote: »
    Thank you all, I found the PTS under games (it was greyed out a bit) and will give it a try once I clear up some disk space.

Whichever of the two versions (live or PTS) you click on will be in bright white text to indicate that it's currently selected, and the other version will be in dimmer text to indicate that it isn't selected.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for your question regarding the PTS. With the OP question now answered, we are going to close the thread. Our FAQ below explains how to get access to the ESO PTS.

How do I join the Public Test Server (PTS)?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.