The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

It is time for a ridiculous Jester Dungeon DLC!

Braggar
Braggar
✭✭✭✭
qnbduzxc0ddc.jpg

Hello! The Jester Event is fun. But what about a ridiculous Jester dungeon? With laughable looking opponents. Enemies dressed in silly colorful cloth and hats. Attacking us with deadly pies, toxic confetti, unhealthy pointy bananas. Ogrims fart rainbow gas, and decrease the life energy of any player in a jiffy. Daedras with sharp breads. They cut like a knife. Zombies throw up terrible hot grits. The ground covered with cake, and cookie traps. A player step on such a trap door, and reappears in a different floor. Walls covered with sweet rolls. They sometimes drop on players, and injure them bad. Strawberry pudding covers the cave ceiling, dripping down and poison anyone. The bosses dressed as Jesters, attack us with giant red-white candy canes. Rewards once the final boss is dead? A gingerbread armor set, some chocolate weapons, or a funny Jester confetti bomb memento. A merchant at the dungeon entry, could sell potions. Once consumed the player turns into a monkey, or some other critters and fight. I think I would has a hard time, to finish that dungeon. Why? I couldn´t stop laughing. Is that fun?? :D

lrnn6fc6syqa.gif
Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 26, 2023 4:53PM

It is time for a ridiculous Jester Dungeon DLC! 38 votes

Hell Yes! I want that in my game.
55%
ValarMorghulis1896NordSwordnBoardRunefangDrathlyJaimehRedBranchkloverleafNachoProblemIshtarknowsDisplaced_SaladArmaniedeliriummEmilyElizabethESOjowvendgamesmugDaoinKisakeeLunaFloraAnimar111BixenteN7Akantor 21 votes
Hell no! That is not what I need.
44%
KendaricAvalonRangerSilverBrideAmphithoeXarcSnowZeniaemilyhyoyeonJierdanitKlauthWarthogRodneyRegisN3CR01AmotticaFluffyBirdDP99KaosWarMonkMafiaCat115TaSheen 17 votes
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, Something like that doesn't need to be ridiculously hard, where you "take tons of damage" from food, or nearly impossible to beat. That's not "fun" or "funny."
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gimme!
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IDK

I think something like that could be fun. The one dungeon fight where you turn into a goat and have to eat sweet rolls comes to mind.

I guess it depends how it's done. I don't find farts particularly funny, so Orgrims farting rainbow gas wouldn't be funny to me. But, the concept of a dungeon with only silly fights isn't a bad idea.
  • Armanie
    Armanie
    ✭✭✭
    "cookie traps" :D:D:D
  • Animar111
    Animar111
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the best events in eso so much fun I have with my friends, for me it’s a good chance to relax from endgame content and chill with your mates and have abit of fun.

Plus always some great new goodies to obtain while you’re having a laugh….

So adding a jester dungeon would be icing on the cake.

On entering your group would all be polymophed into a jester, and your attack skills would be all silly things like throwing pies and such.

Bosses would be a giant jester monkey who throws bananas 🍌 or a tiny little kitten with over the top powerful skills.

Dungeon could be an eso version of a fun house with heltaskelta type slides to get to lover levels or bouncing platforms to get to higher levels.

So yes I would love a jester dungeon.
    Edited by Animar111 on March 26, 2023 4:01PM
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake snouts for everyone would be nice.
    4NNIQrm.png
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Animar111 wrote: »
    One of the best events in eso so much fun I have with my friends, for me it’s a good chance to relax from endgame content and chill with your mates and have abit of fun.

Plus always some great new goodies to obtain while you’re having a laugh….

So adding a jester dungeon would be icing on the cake.

On entering your group would all be polymophed into a jester, and your attack skills would be all silly things like throwing pies and such.

Bosses would be a giant jester monkey who throws bananas 🍌 or a tiny little kitten with over the top powerful skills.

Dungeon could be an eso version of a fun house with heltaskelta type slides to get to lover levels or bouncing platforms to get to higher levels.

So yes I would love a jester dungeon.

OMG hilarious! Excellent ideas I give you that! The giant Jester monkey, could also jump on any player and POW dead. The tiny kitten could spit fire or lava?
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Something like the tel var scamp as a jester monkey in normal dungeons would be cool. Yes an adventure with the jesters who give quests doing something silly in Dungeons would be welcome.

The king Jorunn Khajit is my favorite. It could be one dungeon per alliance etc.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    how about immersion ?

I mean, actually ZOS found a perfect balance between jester fest and immersion. We can see all npcs doing jokes in cities, but it's still immersive like all festivals, we can participate without beeing a "troll".

But what you're suggestion is the same thing than people asking for pink haircolor or things like that.

OFC there's still troll people wearing wedding dress as bearded male bodybuilders or things like that but, i'm not for this kind of suggestion which is turning the game into an ode to trolls.
    Edited by Xarc on March 27, 2023 4:30PM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i could see that happening if a chapter story ever focuses on Sheogorath or Sanguine
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Displaced_Salad
    Displaced_Salad
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see any reason why, in a game that already has a Jester event in which the player is pitted against a killer boar in jester regalia and pursuing their princess pig, that this couldn't be part of the seasonal festivities. I'm not particularly an ardent fan of dungeon content, nor the Jester's festival, but considering the number of players that appear to flock back to the game during that time, it wouldn't be a far-fetched addition.
    I_CraftwithPntButter: 2023 is the year your supposed to be doing better , remember ? Advice for the future : com·mu·ni·ca·tion (noun)the imparting or exchanging of information or news.KlauthWarthog: Well, they can definitely measure fun on their spreadsheets, otherwise they would not be able to nerf it so consistently.
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly the closest they could make is a Sanguine based dungeon. Or Sheo could steal another artifact, this time from Sanguine and do something with it. Don't mind the occasional light hearted dungeon.
  • Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Icy wrote: »
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hello moving the poll from General Discussions to Dungeons, Trials & Arenas, was a bad idea. Much more people voted in General Discussions, but the poll in DTA is now dead.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Braggar wrote: »
    Hello! The Jester Event is fun. But what about a ridiculous Jester dungeon? With laughable looking opponents. Enemies dressed in silly colorful cloth and hats. Attacking us with deadly pies, toxic confetti, unhealthy pointy bananas. Ogrims fart rainbow gas, and decrease the life energy of any player in a jiffy. Daedras with sharp breads. They cut like a knife. Zombies throw up terrible hot grits. The ground covered with cake, and cookie traps. A player step on such a trap door, and reappears in a different floor. Walls covered with sweet rolls. They sometimes drop on players, and injure them bad. Strawberry pudding covers the cave ceiling, dripping down and poison anyone. The bosses dressed as Jesters, attack us with giant red-white candy canes. Rewards once the final boss is dead? A gingerbread armor set, some chocolate weapons, or a funny Jester confetti bomb memento. A merchant at the dungeon entry, could sell potions. Once consumed the player turns into a monkey, or some other critters and fight. I think I would has a hard time, to finish that dungeon. Why? I couldn´t stop laughing. Is that fun?? :D

That's a really fun idea, I'd love to see something like this in the game. From a story-wise perspective it could be something that Uncle Sheo concocted for whatever absurd reason, and it could take place in a pocket of the Shivering Isles.
  • Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭
    [/quote]

That's a really fun idea, I'd love to see something like this in the game. From a story-wise perspective it could be something that Uncle Sheo concocted for whatever absurd reason, and it could take place in a pocket of the Shivering Isles. [/quote]

Thank you :)

Those are just ideas. Don´t has to be in the exact way, I mentioned. But anyone get´s the picture. A silly dungeon for a change, is long overdue. Oh yes Shoe could be involved too! Attacks with cheese. Which could be a big problem for our Bastian lol.
  • Daoin
    Daoin
    ✭✭✭
    perfect for one of my character :)