The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

If a trial group finder was added to the game as a QOL feature would you use it?

• ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would use it for trials that are not considered complicated, such as normal trials or veteran Craglorn trials.
    Options
  • lusshtgarel
    lusshtgarel
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Would that even work? They can't make the 4-man finder work properly, and you think you'd wait for a random trial for less than a working day?
    Options
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Fake tanks, healers, and DDs are bad enough with Group Finder. Don't need to torpedo a 12 person group with that penalty for bailing. The part where you get dropped in as a group without knowing who is in the group is the big problem.

However, if there was a Tamriel-wide group chat/text system where you could input your role and the trial you want, I would be for that. At least there would be a way for the raid leader to check your level, gear, etc. before dropping you into a group. Its also easy to recognize names of players you pug raid with successfully and know what you are going to get.
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe
    I don’t know if I would try that… I have occasionally joined trials with a group forming in Craglorn, but then it helps because you can talk with the lead about the type of run as well as what is needed (very relevant for support, I might not just switch sets but to a character of another class), etc.
    Options
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe
    It could work if done properly. If it is similar to dungeon finder, then it will likely fail miserably. I am the GM of a newer, casual guild. We were holding off on running vet trials due to the fact that the guild was new, and a lot of our members have very little to no experience in even normal trials, and well... its a casual guild not a trials guild.

However, with the Elsweyr event a few of us got together and LFG'd an impromptu vSS. No parse requirements. No previous clear requirements. No discord requirement. Throughout the event we took so many in guild, some from other guilds, and many random people from Craglorn through vSS; many of which never set foot in any trial beforehand. We taught mechanics, many first time tanks, healers, tomb runners, portals dps, etc. Most clears were finishing in about 1 hour initially.

Within a week we were down to 32 minute ~105k score vSS runs and many of us fully completed our stickerbooks - meaning lots and lots of clears, and we had only one of those groups fall apart at last boss. I feel like if a bunch of players who randomly grouped (from guild or anywhere else) had the opportunity they could easily complete trials via an LFG tool with a few options to tailor the group to a proper group composition.

I'm all for an LFG for those who would use it. If you don't like the idea, it's simple, don't participate in it's use, but don't gate keep others from trying to play the content in the game.
    Edited by Diminish on February 7, 2023 6:14PM
    Options