The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Incentives that would make me love ToT way more

Bo0137
Bo0137
✭✭✭✭
ToT is a GREAT minigame. In fact, it's a great game by itself. However, I feel deeply disencouraged to play it now that I've reached Rubedite once, beat all the achivements and collected every card in the game. The game does not incentive you enough to make you play for the sole reason of enjoying a match.
With that being said, I would like to propose a few things that could make us feel inclined to play more regularly:
1. a ToT reward store: similar to the Achievements NPCs that sell furniture and the ones at the Battleground sites that sell related items. This would allow us to buy stuff that could be useful in other areas of the game and should be based on our ranks. I suggest furniture, repair kits, soul gems, materials, exclusive motifs, companion gear.
2. To assert the previous topic, I would like to suggest exclusive motifs and furniture to the ToT players, rewarded seasonally and/or bought by specific currency rewarded on matches. We could use the already existing "club coin"!
3. Finally, I would like to suggest higher chunks of exp from winning a pvp ToT game. I love the game but I feel like I'm wasting time on playing it while I could be grinding for more exp... The rewarded exp doesnt feel enough.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 2, 2023 6:01PM
-On my shoulder, Ms. Ahvine
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you play something for the reward it offers rather than becasue you enjoy the gameplay then you are caught hook, line and sinker in the system that uses extrinsic motovation and you really should stop and ask yourself if you truely do have fun playing the game or do you only want the rewards it offers?

that aside
    1: while not in a store we already have an exclusive style page set and furnishings as well as generic junk in the match wards
    2: see last statement, the style is called Pelin’s Paragon
    3: that is a good point, the exp is all over the place
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need incentives if your sole reason is enjoyment. Needing incentives to play is the opposite of playing solely for enjoyment.

They already have an exclusive style page, mats, and exclusive furniture as rewards. They also have transmute crystals. I'm glad it doesn't give repair kits, soul gems or companion gear, as I personally think it would water down an already rewarding coffer.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on January 2, 2023 4:04PM
  • VampiricByNature
    VampiricByNature
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish that it had a chat window during the game. Sometimes my opponent takes a long time and it would be nice to still be able to see guild chat. I've missed some decent pugs and whispers because you can't see chat during the game.

The dailies feel so much more time consuming than other ones! Sure, you can just do one game for a lesser reward. But the better reward coffer takes 3 games. That takes a chunk of time!

It's not a game you can instantly be good at. There's a lot to read and remember how the cards and patrons work. It takes a lot of commitment from players. Many of the endgame complaints are that after the achievements there's no purpose to continue things in the game. ToT is no different. It's new and lacks a fully fleshed out reward system.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish that it had a chat window during the game. Sometimes my opponent takes a long time and it would be nice to still be able to see guild chat. I've missed some decent pugs and whispers because you can't see chat during the game.

You can bring up the chat window using the chat command, at least on console. It hides it by default but you can force it back up yourself without exiting the game.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on January 2, 2023 4:16PM
  • VampiricByNature
    VampiricByNature
    ✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

You can bring up the chat window using the chat command, at least on console. It hides it by default but you can force it back up yourself without exiting the game.

I did not know this!! That will actually be a huge help. Tyty
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Tales of Tribute section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

I did not know this!! That will actually be a huge help. Tyty

On PC you just click the arrow to maximize it again.

The game minimizes chat for a lot of things, like when I'm decorating my house or putting things up for sale in the guild trader and I forget what else. We can maximize it again but I find it annoying. It would be nice if we had an toggle for "auto minimize chat for select activities" but we could still do it manually if we wished.
    Edited by SilverBride on January 2, 2023 6:59PM
    PCNA
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish you could play vs npcs while in queue, and then the queue popup would automatically concede for you if you accept
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... I'm very happy with the crazy amount of transmutes I've been wasting every week thanks to ToT. I already remade all my 10 characters builds at least twice thanks to ToT. It's an amazing incentive other than really enjoying playing it. :)