Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Latency Issue

cpt_n3m0
cpt_n3m0
Ever since Tuesday's incremental patch I have severe latency issues in instanced areas. Every trial or dungeon I have entered my ping will immediately spike from around 120-180 on the EU server all the way up to 999+.

Has anyone else had this issue since the patch and were you able to remedy it in some way?

Thank you!
Edited by ZOS_Bill on January 5, 2023 7:20PM
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It does not happen immediately for me but happens randomly throughout instanced content. It’s been getting worse too, everything stops moving for increasing lengths of time. Not sure if it’s a me problem or not but I think it appeared recently.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • ZOS_Suserial
    ZOS_Suserial
    admin
    Hi, you can always check here for answers to questions like this: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app

These may help, Its not a guarantee but it may help resolve the issue.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6482
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9094
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Community Rules | Code-of-Conduct | Terms-of-Service | ESO-Home | ESO-Help
    Staff Post
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cpt_n3m0 wrote: »
    Ever since Tuesday's incremental patch I have severe latency issues in instanced areas. Every trial or dungeon I have entered my ping will immediately spike from around 120-180 on the EU server all the way up to 999+.

Has anyone else had this issue since the patch and were you able to remedy it in some way?
    Thank you!
    Relevant I just took an new player trough his first dungeon. He had serious lag issues but was from South Africa.
    Not noticed anything before but it don't matter that much doing quests.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • LeandraC
    LeandraC
    ✭✭
    I have massive problems today. Lag spikes up to 2500+ and normal standing in Vivec 500-800 while I am usually around 40. When I run tracert it shows the problem to be in Frankfurt.
    @Leandra.C - GM of 'Valinor Apprentices' and officer for 'Valinor Traders', 'Valinor Overflow' and 'Valinor Merchants'

The Valinor Trading Union:
    Valinor Traders: Vivec, 300k+ sales, <300k sales = 20k fee, <100k sales = kick
    Valinor Overflow: Vivec back row, 200k min sales OR 15k donation
    Valinor Merchants: Elden Root, 100k sales OR 10k donation
    Valinor Apprentices: Wayrest, 25k sales OR 5k donation
    Stendarr's Merchantry: Alinor, 10k sales OR 5k donation
  • smackinhippies
    smackinhippies
    ✭✭✭
    After the patch I ran VDSR last night and several of us were getting really bad lag spikes throughout the trial at the same time. This was on XBox NA server
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @cpt_n3m0

Were you able to improve the latency in game with the troubleshooting posted earlier in the thread?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post