The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Necromancer Mechanic

Melzo
Melzo
✭✭✭✭
I understand that 99 percent of the players did not care deeply about this class, given that only mine and sometimes other players posts about this class on the forum once every half a year. I want to enlighten everyone about this class and why it is broken.

The necromancer has a skeletal mage pet and he doesn't care about your opinion and he hits whoever he wants... And there is also the crowd control skill Empowering Grasp that buffs allies and debuffs enemies, but the problem is that in order to increase the pet's damage you have to hit with this skill, he acts on blastobons only once, and the skeleton magician runs after you. And you have a problem how to hit both the enemy and your pet with this skill ??? Especially if he hits the wrong person you want. The enemy is in front of you and the skeleton mage is behind you.

And I have the most ingenious solution for this skill. Literally half a year thought and came up with. hah/ This skill should put a mark on the enemy. This decision allows you to increase the damage of blastbones, the skeleton mage and the spam ability of the necromancer by 1000 and the pvp is halved accordingly. I don't think the necromancer will get very strong if the explosive bones, skeletal mage, and spam ability deal 500 more damage. And taking into account the armor, this value will drop to 400-300 ... If the necromancer is given this change, I won’t even get upset if my pet doesn’t listen to me anymore ... Where has it been seen that the necromancer cannot control his pets ....This change can be made by any programmer in half a minute, given that there is already a similar situation with the ritualist's set. But this change will allow necromancers to use staff in pvp...
Edited by ZOS_Suserial on November 17, 2022 6:20PM
  • ZOS_Suserial
    ZOS_Suserial
    admin
    Greetings,

Because the title of this thread violated the Community Rules it was edited, we're ask that all titles and post stay in line with the Community Rules. We want the forums to be a constructive & and welcoming community.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Community Rules | Code-of-Conduct | Terms-of-Service | ESO-Home | ESO-Help
    Staff Post
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you ever considered the possibility that your problem with necromant could be solved with advice from someone who are good at playing as necromant? I meet several capable necromants during last few months at PvP and they are present in high numbers at logs of trials.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elendir2am wrote: »
    Have you ever considered the possibility that your problem with necromant could be solved with advice from someone who are good at playing as necromant? I meet several capable necromants during last few months at PvP and they are present in high numbers at logs of trials.

I am a veteran necro in pvp and hes absolutely right. Grave Grasp is just designed broken. Its too slow to hit players sprinting away from you and pets often remain outside the AOE
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Melzo
    Melzo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elendir2am wrote: »

This is about pvp. And what about trials? I made a lot of posts about the necromancer but never once mentioned that he is bad in pve content. And I played eso for three years and spent 50 percent of my time pvp. I know what I'm talking about. Now, out of 6 attacking skills, excluding synergy, 4 skills do not deal damage in pvp. And at the same time, out of 6 skills, 3 including the spam ability are pets. It is quite logical that taking a necromancer, you can put on a ritualist set to strengthen pets and take a skill to increase their damage by 1000, but it works only once on blastcones, it does not affect spam abilities, although it is also a pet and the skeleton mag does not fall into the AoE zone . With the exception of blastbones and synergy, other skills do not deal damage, and the skill described above simply does not work.

And most importantly, the pet management system does not apply to your pets. I have such a feeling that my necromancer was taught to summon the undead, but not taught how to control it. My skeleton mag lives his life. The third ultimate that calls 3 blastbones is very expensive, but at the same time they jump on whoever they want. The ghost heals everyone except you and in non-combat it often bugs and does not heal you at all.
    Edited by Melzo on November 17, 2022 11:09PM
  • Melzo
    Melzo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

Because the title of this thread violated the Community Rules it was edited, we're ask that all titles and post stay in line with the Community Rules. We want the forums to be a constructive & and welcoming community.

Thank you for your understanding.

I have described far from all the problems of the necromancer, such as the defensive skill Deaden Pain, which is updated if you press it a second time and you lose the protection that you hardly got because there are not a bunch of corpses lying around you. This skill is very rarely used because it is also not very effective... It restores health a little, it keeps very little on the necromancer, and there are also very few corpses around you.... And here is another skill with which I am most amazed. This is the Enduring Undeath skill. This skill can last up to 30 seconds depending on the corpses. It is designed so that only healers use it in pvp. And I have a question how to get 5 corpses?? And who will stand still for 30 seconds?? Yes, even in PvE content, standing still, you will not be able to use this skill to the maximum. these two skills consume two additional resources but are weaker than other analogous skills. I don't know about you, but I believe that if you spend more resources on a skill or have special conditions for its implementation, then it should be stronger. But as we can see, Enduring Undeath is much worse than the analogous Plara Extended Ritual skill.

I hope at least one of my claims made in this post will reach the ears of the developers. Because you need to try to develop a class so mediocre and at the same time nerf a bunch of times ...
  • Melzo
    Melzo
    ✭✭✭✭
    The necromancer has 6 corpse-consuming skills. And they all contradict each other. After all, you don't have many corpse-creating skills.
  • ashadris
    ashadris
    ✭✭✭
    Zos forgot about necros at some point and too lazy to redesign the whole thing.. shame really
  • miguelcura
    miguelcura
    ✭✭✭
    It's so clumsy and slow... and needs so many bar changes it's boring. I got to hit 100k in dummie but the experience is boring.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what it looks like for PvE rotation, but in PvP I just trim it down to what I really need. There's a lot of want to play it like you'd expect a necromancer to be, but you'd be buffing/summoning and absorbing constantly and that just does not work. In that regard I can see it as disappointing.
  • Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancer Mechanic? The best one I know of is Jerry's in Cyrodiil.

I have a level 11 Necro and seems fine to me. Later on? I don't know.

Months ago I started a Warden and hated it. You know what I did? I played something else.

Lately I read a thread where they liked the changes to the Warden. I rolled one again and its much better than before.

Edited by Kng_Ayumayuma on December 2, 2022 6:46PM
  • Zekka
    Zekka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Level 11? That's what, 20 minutes of playtime?
    "I didn't actually play the class but it seems fine to me, if you don't like it just play something else" very constructive, anyway people already do that, anyone with PvP meter installed can see that necro is by far the least played class in PvP.
  • Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭
    Zekka wrote: »
    Level 11? That's what, 20 minutes of playtime?
    "I didn't actually play the class but it seems fine to me, if you don't like it just play something else" very constructive, anyway people already do that, anyone with PvP meter installed can see that necro is by far the least played class in PvP.

I'm happy you found my post constructive. I'm glad I could help.

Edited by Kng_Ayumayuma on December 3, 2022 5:03AM