The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO text chat Enter key cursor don't revert to look mode

Scaletho
Scaletho
✭✭✭✭✭
Well, the problem is specified in the title. Every time I click "Enter" to start a text chat box, the cursor stay as "free mode" I guess. It don't "freeze" the screen (look mode) in order to allow us to move it to the text chat box.

I can't really use the text chat box options but I can type in chat, but the cursor keep moving around the scene when I try to bring it to the chat box to change options, chose some player, etc. Very annoying and frustrating. Can I have some help/tip, please?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 25, 2022 10:45AM
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m confused.
    When you press enter, do you gain control of your cursor (no longer moving the camera) or no?
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, the period . key will activate cursor mode if that’s what you’re trying to do and the Enter key isn’t working properly for you for whatever reason.
  • Sythen88411
    Sythen88411
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's in ur settings u must have hud cursor on or off. I forgot what one is the right one. If it's off tourn it on. If it's on turn it off.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the General Help section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m confused.
    When you press enter, do you gain control of your cursor (no longer moving the camera) or no?

Sorry, my bad English. In order to call the Chat Text Box I use the PC key "Enter". But when I press it my cursor don't revert from free mode to lock mode, as usual when we press keys for map, menu, text chat, etc.

I can't move the cursor on chat text box in order to chose its options. I don't know why this is happening, and need some help about how to solve it.
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried using the period key instead of Enter?
    Have you changed any keybinds lately? You may have accidentally bound Enter to something while trying to bind something else.
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried using the period key instead of Enter?
    Have you changed any keybinds lately? You may have accidentally bound Enter to something while trying to bind something else.

I tried change to period and not fixed the problem. I also checked the binds, not "Enter" repetition. It's very weird and annoying in fact. But thanks for your tips. I'll check my bind's keys again and see if I find some problem there.
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using a controller with your keyboard and mouse? Or only using keyboard and mouse with no controller plugged in at all?
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using a controller with your keyboard and mouse? Or only using keyboard and mouse with no controller plugged in at all?

I use just keyboard mouse. No controller. I can free my cursor for any other key (see menu, see map, etc) but for text-chat box it simply don't work.

For better information, I have 5 other characters and all of them don't have the problem. It's some weird bug/configuration mistake about just one specific character. I've tried many things, but so far no solution.

It's really mind-boggling for me...
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried disabling all of your addons and then testing it?
    I ask because some addons have character-specific settings, so there is potential to have an addon issue on a single character but not the others. Please try disabling all of your addons and their dependencies (“libraries”) and see if Enter works properly then.

I’m sure it’s annoying getting so many questions, but I’m trying to help you with troubleshooting the problem.
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried disabling all of your addons and then testing it?
    I ask because some addons have character-specific settings, so there is potential to have an addon issue on a single character but not the others. Please try disabling all of your addons and their dependencies (“libraries”) and see if Enter works properly then.

I’m sure it’s annoying getting so many questions, but I’m trying to help you with troubleshooting the problem.

Thanks, good idea. I'll try it and let's see. No problem to ask question, I should thank you for take your time and try to help me.
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you figured it out!