The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Companion rapport benefits on alts

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
This is probably an old subject but I've been looking for information on this and couldn't find anywhere.

I already leveled up the rapport to the maximum on my main character a long time ago but not in any of my alts. Anyway, I never noticed any difference when using the companions on my main or may alts. Seems to me that there's absolutely no advantage to level up the rapport on alts. Is this correct? Is there any difference on using a companion with low or high rapport after getting it maximized on the main character?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 22, 2022 12:27PM
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well companions share everything with other characters except rapport and rapport has nothing beneficial for damage or any survivability of the companion. I have heard in some cases they dismiss themselves if your rapport is so low but not sure on this fact. Just heard of it somewhere.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treeshka wrote: »
    Well companions share everything with other characters except rapport and rapport has nothing beneficial for damage or any survivability of the companion. I have heard in some cases they dismiss themselves if your rapport is so low but not sure on this fact. Just heard of it somewhere.

This is true, heard about this happening when companions were first introduced... but you really have to keep doing the things they dislike to drop their rapport that low. The ONLY thing that you get with increased rapport is their personal quests and eventual their personal reward. Myself, I just watched Youtube videos to see their personal quests... I have no desire to worry about their rapport.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Before account wide achievements, the benefit of increasing rapport on alts was for the associated achievements. Now that there isn't really any benefit to actively leveling the rapport on alts, it is best to just play the game and if rapport increases then it increases. No need to focus on it for the alts.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treeshka wrote: »

It never happen with me, they never they dismissed themselves. In fact I can't find any benefit, even on my main, to have the maximum rapport on companion. :smile:
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only reason to even bother getting maximum rapport is to get the achievement which unlocks the keepsake

this was the case even before account wide achievements, as the keepsake itself was account wide, so even since blackwood pre-AWA there was never any reason to farm rapport more than once per companion lol

AWA made this less of a hassle in terms of the other achievements for the keepsake (max level, equip with purple item, complete the achievement for earning rapport) so your not forced to this all on one toon to get the keepsake (reminder keepsake has always been acct wide even before AWA)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014