The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Social Banned with no warning or acknowledgements?

zbzszzzt123
zbzszzzt123
✭✭✭
When I logged on to my character yesterday, I found out that my entire account has been social banned, which means that I couldn't access guild traders/banks (one of which I own), couldn't whisper people, talk in group or zone, and after checking my emails for the past few months, there has been no indications of me being bannd by ZOS, and my account page still reflects nothing out of the ordinary. I'm glad to have my conversation history scrutinized because I do not believe I have said anything ban worthy or even rude.

Contacting support has not even gotten me an acknowledgement either and how am I supposed to know what I have done wrong (or even if at all)?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on November 3, 2022 5:36PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is never a warning with a social ban; it is always account-wide.

Since you contacted support, I suggest posting your ticket number here, and @ZOS_Bill or one of the other helpful people here can look into this.
  • Kingsindarkness
    Kingsindarkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been here since beta one...I have never heard of anything like this.

(Edit so apparently it is a thing...wow you learn something new every day...)
    Edited by Kingsindarkness on October 11, 2022 7:03PM
  • zbzszzzt123
    zbzszzzt123
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

Since you contacted support, I suggest posting your ticket number here, and @ZOS_Bill or one of the other helpful people here can look into this.

I see, thank you

This is just a really weird system then, why not have any indications that I have been social banned. Typed like 30 passages i n a group chat yesterday and no one responded. Was stuck wondering why

Also I didn't get a ticket number or acknowledgement for some reason, I selected the 'My character was muted' category and it just didn't give me a ticket number
    Edited by zbzszzzt123 on October 11, 2022 6:41PM
  • SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭
    May be some one did not like your nick name ? ) Some people as I know today do not even like nick names - it is the same 123451234 abc - like in game too ? )))

Did you do some thing bad last days ?

What did you do - what can it be based on or just an error?
    Edited by SPR_of_HA_community on October 11, 2022 6:47PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I see, thank you

This is just a really weird system then, why not have any indications that I have been social banned. Typed like 30 passages i n a group chat yesterday and no one responded. Was stuck wondering why

The social bans usually hit gold sellers and bots. You don't want an indication that could be seen by automatic processes and alert the humans behind the scenes that the account has been banned. You want the bots and gold sellers to be quietly banned so they don't realize it. Let them continue to advertise in chat, not knowing that no one can see or hear them.

Unfortunately, the monitoring processes are not perfect and sometimes innocent behavior is interpreted as a bot or gold seller. :-(
  • zbzszzzt123
    zbzszzzt123
    ✭✭✭
    May be some one did not like your nick name ? ) Some people as I know today do not even like nick names - it is the same 123451234 abc - like in game too ? )))

Yeah, it's the same username for me ingame,

I can't imagine someone taking an issue with this honestly, but then again, you never know
  • zbzszzzt123
    zbzszzzt123
    ✭✭✭

Did you do some thing bad last days ?

What did you do - what can it be based on or just an error?

Well I'm no saint, so I can't say that my entire conversation history is PG14, but I can 100% said that I haven't even been rude to anyone, or even talked to a lot of people outside of my guilds as well. The only thing that could have landed me in trouble are phrases like 'Ah damn' '***, that's not good' and stuff like that
  • zbzszzzt123
    zbzszzzt123
    ✭✭✭

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that one of my character (one I haven't even logged on to in ages) have been banned 2 weeks before the rest
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Social bans are sometimes for chat or email spamming, and sending out a guild-wide notification has triggered that in the past. Since you mentioned having your own guild, is there any chance of that? They have to ban to prevent any automated process from repeating.
    Edited by ghastley on October 11, 2022 6:57PM
  • SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very strange ))

The same time I remember one funny story from old game )))

It was a player with nick name like 123 abcd in our clan )))

Once I ask him- why do he has so strange ick name ? )))

He sad that he only want to try the game and did not expect that he will like it.

But he do ))) So he played for a long period of time in it ))

That was funny story and interesting player )

But yes - some times bots have the same names too )))

Why did you make such strange nick name by the way ? )
    Edited by SPR_of_HA_community on October 11, 2022 7:07PM
  • zbzszzzt123
    zbzszzzt123
    ✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Social bans are sometimes for chat or email spamming, and sending out a guild-wide notification has triggered that in the past. Since you mentioned having your own guild, is there any chance of that? They have to ban to prevent any automated process from repeating.

Afraid not, my own guild is so dead that only a few friends stick on and I have done less than nothing with it
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I recognize you from the trading guild I'm in- if it helps, I can confirm that zeebz has always been helpful to others and very nice. I have no idea why anyone would ever think otherwise or where this ban came from. Totally out of the blue. : /
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin, could you see what you can find out for this player?

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @zbzszzzt123 Can you provide the ticket number you have for this? We can touch base with customer service and follow up with you via DM.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thank you for the tag, @TaSheen
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • zbzszzzt123
    zbzszzzt123
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @zbzszzzt123 Can you provide the ticket number you have for this? We can touch base with customer service and follow up with you via DM.

Well I didn't receive a ticket number weirdly, when I reported this under 'I was muted'

I opened another ticket under feedback as well, but I was told that it would be given no response.

That ticket number is Question Reference # 221010-002254
  • SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wish you good luck
    Edited by SPR_of_HA_community on October 11, 2022 8:45PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do social bans receive notifications here and by email like other actions do? Did you check for these?
    PCNA
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Well I didn't receive a ticket number weirdly, when I reported this under 'I was muted'

I opened another ticket under feedback as well, but I was told that it would be given no response.

That ticket number is Question Reference # 221010-002254

go to https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/home?region=US

when you log in there you can see your open tickets - this will show you the ticket number.
    Or you can also raise a ticket there and post that number.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    After checking on the OP ticket 221010-002254, the social ban issue has now been resolved. For this reason we will now be closing the thread going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.