The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stadia is dead. Linking accounts to Steam or Zenimax account in its wake?

Dementia5
Dementia5
So I run a guild and am getting pommeled by questions and requests to move their Stadia account to Steam (or Zenimax PC account). I run ESO on my Steam account so know nothing about Stadia, except that it is sunsetting in January 2023.

Several members are not taking much delight in rebuilding their character accounts in purchasing ESO on Steam or Zenimax. No issues in purchasing the license (really, no choice as they are left with nothing once Stadia vanishes) but starting brand new characters may be problematic for some, if not most.

I understand that Stadia and Steam can be linked, but I do not know the full articulation of this process, what it encompasses or what this delivers to the end user.

Is there a way to transfer character accounts from Stadia to the PC via Steam or through Zenimax?

TIA -@Dementia5
---

https://lorecouncil.guildtag.com/
For all you lore seekers, the finest RP in Tamriel!

For all you lore seekers, the finest roleplaying in Tamriel can be found at The Lore Council.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To avoid any confusion, the following link is from Google's Support section for Stadia. It is an official statement that they will be closing down the servers in January.

https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/12790109

To answer OP, your characters are already on the same server as PC. I think you just have to buy a new copy of the game and that should only require the base game. Some players play on both the PC version and Stadia already and this is what I am pretty sure they had to do.

• Dementia5
    Dementia5
    Amottica wrote: »

To answer OP, your characters are already on the same server as PC. I think you just have to buy a new copy of the game and that should only require the base game. Some players play on both the PC version and Stadia already and this is what I am pretty sure they had to do.

Thanks for the quick response. Can anyone confirm this?

For all you lore seekers, the finest roleplaying in Tamriel can be found at The Lore Council.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dementia5 wrote: »

Thanks for the quick response. Can anyone confirm this?

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/51140/kw/transfer to stadia

This was a link for going the other way. You may just have to download the game from ESO website. I would try login into the ESO website, and try downloading the game. The link is below.

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, so I came here to ask the same question - I had just managed to link a new account, and get to level 14 on Stadia. So it sounds like if I wanted to play this toon on my PC, I'd just need to buy a PC key for her on the ESO Store?

However, the reason I stopped playing on the laptop PC in the first place was it tended to burn my fingers after a hour or so.

So, this is a plea to work with Nvidia GeForce Now and get ESO up and running on their platform instead. I'll even buy a new copy if I have to. Having played New World on GeForce Now for 9 months, I have to say the experience is incredible - I literally couldn't tell the difference between the PC and the remote version (shame the game itself didn't work out), well, I could, because I could run New World at max graphics settings on GFN, but only on low/med on my laptop...

• rauyran
    rauyran
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just raise a support ticket with ZOS and they will allow you to de-link your game from stadia so you can then link with steam or play standalone. You won't lose any characters and you will be playing on the same PC server as before.
  • pentolino18
    pentolino18
    ✭✭
    To avoid any confusion, the following link is from Google's Support section for Stadia. It is an official statement that they will be closing down the servers in January.

I can confirm that it works like this; I bought the base game and high isle later on on Stadia. I then bought the base client on Steam (just that) and I can alternate pc and stadia seemlessly; the game just picks up where you stopped on the other platform, no issue whatsoever
  • Dementia5
    Dementia5

I can confirm that it works like this; I bought the base game and high isle later on on Stadia. I then bought the base client on Steam (just that) and I can alternate pc and stadia seemlessly; the game just picks up where you stopped on the other platform, no issue whatsoever

Thanks everybody for the clarity you have provided.

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For further information regarding Stadia sunsetting, please see our FAQ linked below.

Stadia Sunsetting - Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • artyhues
    artyhues
    Soul Shriven
    Just got email from Google/Stadia that my ESO Plus subscription will end Oct 25th. My account on the ESO site says my subscriptions are managed by Google and just has a link pointing to Google. I’ve switched to playing on a PC, so how do I switch to paying ESO for Plus instead of Google? I did submit a ticket, but just got a form letter back, not addressing my question.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    artyhues wrote: »
    Just got email from Google/Stadia that my ESO Plus subscription will end Oct 25th. My account on the ESO site says my subscriptions are managed by Google and just has a link pointing to Google. I’ve switched to playing on a PC, so how do I switch to paying ESO for Plus instead of Google? I did submit a ticket, but just got a form letter back, not addressing my question.

@artyhues

This has been answered in this thread already and confirmed to work. Look at my previous two posts in this thread and then just a few posts above yours where @pentolino18 confirmed it works. It is the same thing PC players did to access their game on Stadia when that service originally launched. Links are in the previous posts.

And the base game is currently on sale for 5.99 USD.

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @artyhues

Do you have your support ticket number?
    Staff Post
  • artyhues
    artyhues
    Soul Shriven
    I’m aware one can switch back and forth from Stadia to PC, as I wrote in my post. My specific question which wasn’t addressed, is about ESO Plus, which is paid through Google and expires soon. I have a huge inventory in my Craft Bag that I’d like to keep. My ticket number was # 221005-000055.
  • JavaRen
    JavaRen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news: if you have a lapse in your ESO plus subscription you will lose nothing. During the lapse you will not be able to add to your craft bag or access DLC content you don't own, but nothing will be lost.
  • pentolino18
    pentolino18
    ✭✭
    JavaRen wrote: »
    Good news: if you have a lapse in your ESO plus subscription you will lose nothing. During the lapse you will not be able to add to your craft bag or access DLC content you don't own, but nothing will be lost.

that' always been the case, it's not specific to the special circumstances of Stadia closing.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @artyhues

We have contacted you by forum PM regarding your ticket and questions.
    Staff Post
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    artyhues wrote: »

@artyhues

This has been answered in this thread already and confirmed to work. Look at my previous two posts in this thread and then just a few posts above yours where @pentolino18 confirmed it works. It is the same thing PC players did to access their game on Stadia when that service originally launched. Links are in the previous posts.

And the base game is currently on sale for 5.99 USD.

The ESO FAQ link that @ZOS_Bill put in his post says there is no need to pay any additional money to migrate back to a PC account. The FAQ tells you to login into the with your ESO credentials and download the client to start playing. Unfortunately the FAQ does not say how to transfer management of the account back to ZOS.