The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please add a COD option for crown store gifting

Memory_In_Motion
Memory_In_Motion
✭✭✭✭
Like we have in the mail system. Please and thank you.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on September 19, 2022 1:39AM
  • Memory_In_Motion
    Memory_In_Motion
    ✭✭✭✭
    and a 1 hour timer. pay or return crowns to owner.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crowns are outside the game so not sure as things are now this would be possible. You can't actually sell crowns, you are selling items bought with crowns. Once you buy the item that is kind of it.

I suppose they might be able to put the gold into limbo until the item is purchased then make the exchange?
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Memory_In_Motion
    Memory_In_Motion
    ✭✭✭✭
    you can literally write code to do anything.
  • Memory_In_Motion
    Memory_In_Motion
    ✭✭✭✭
    i just dont understand where that mind set comes from
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even if that were true you still have to decide is the payout worth the time/cost. Crowns are not in the game so the answer isn't as simple as just a COD option in the game.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love it if they provided a way to COD a Crown Store gift. Then scamming would not be as much of an issue, so long as both sides do their math correctly.
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • Memory_In_Motion
    Memory_In_Motion
    ✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

Even if that were true you still have to decide is the payout worth the time/cost. Crowns are not in the game so the answer isn't as simple as just a COD option in the game.

Cant see how youre making sense. If you buy crowns they get attached to your account. If you gift an item or buy it yourself it gets added to an account. It's code not the laws of physics. Are you nay saying for the sake of nay saying? It's just code. Ok yah code takes time to write, someone has to write it. But it's code. It's not faster than light travel in the real world being asked for.
  • Memory_In_Motion
    Memory_In_Motion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love it if they provided a way to COD a Crown Store gift. Then scamming would not be as much of an issue, so long as both sides do their math correctly.

Truly. the end of scamming. How could anyone complain against the end of scamming?
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Cant see how youre making sense. If you buy crowns they get attached to your account. If you gift an item or buy it yourself it gets added to an account. It's code not the laws of physics. Are you nay saying for the sake of nay saying? It's just code. Ok yah code takes time to write, someone has to write it. But it's code. It's not faster than light travel in the real world being asked for.

Yeah, its code. And everyone has seen just how well some code works when written for this game. The last update on the 7th was such a resounding success it shut down the servers for several hours while they figured out a hotfix. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/616964/pc-na-eu-maintenance-sept-7-10am-edt-2pm-utc
    Update: We have identified the issue that was causing this, which was tied to one of the fixes that went into today's PC incremental patch. We are working on removing the necessary elements now. Please be aware it will take several hours to get everything fixed, tested, and completed; we will continue to provide updates in this thread as we have them.

Not really sure I want them coding anything that involves RL money. I'd rather trust my gm, who started an escrow service that eliminates scams.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are correct items get added to your in game account. That is because those items exist in game. Crowns are not part of the game. Your idea would mean they have to incorporate them into the game. They would then need to create a way to remove crowns from your account to the game. They can't just put the crowns you purchase in game because they don't know which server you will be using when you spend the crowns. They would then need to link the crowns to the purchasers account creating an entirely new designation of crowns. As is you are trading an item you purchased for crowns for in game gold. You are not able to trade crowns. They do not exist in the game.

I'm sure given time they could code crowns into the game so they transition from being in your account to being in the game. Goes back to my original point. Is it worth the time and effort?
    I've no idea how complicated the code would be as last time I coded anything was in 1979. Sometimes though saying it is just code is the same as saying quantum physics is just math.

I would like to see a secure way to purchase crowns or crown items in game. Just not sure the solution is a simple one or that making it happen should be a high priority.
  • Memory_In_Motion
    Memory_In_Motion
    ✭✭✭✭
    They already add crowns to and from your game... Please say something that is making sense.
  • Memory_In_Motion
    Memory_In_Motion
    ✭✭✭✭

You are correct items get added to your in game account. That is because those items exist in game. Crowns are not part of the game. Your idea would mean they have to incorporate them into the game. They would then need to create a way to remove crowns from your account to the game. They can't just put the crowns you purchase in game because they don't know which server you will be using when you spend the crowns. They would then need to link the crowns to the purchasers account creating an entirely new designation of crowns. As is you are trading an item you purchased for crowns for in game gold. You are not able to trade crowns. They do not exist in the game.

I'm sure given time they could code crowns into the game so they transition from being in your account to being in the game. Goes back to my original point. Is it worth the time and effort?
    I've no idea how complicated the code would be as last time I coded anything was in 1979. Sometimes though saying it is just code is the same as saying quantum physics is just math.

I would like to see a secure way to purchase crowns or crown items in game. Just not sure the solution is a simple one or that making it happen should be a high priority.

how do you know what they need to do?simply adding a cod feature isn't as hard as you make it. You imagine all the things they need to do based on what? YOu've coded for eso? NO? ok. OI with the negativity.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already add crowns to and from your game... Please say something that is making sense.

While in game you can see the crowns in your account. The crowns are a currency outside the game that allows you to purchase items to be used in the game. The crowns are not in the game they are on your account. That is why you can see them from the EU and NA servers. If they were in game they would be available only on one server.

There can't be a simple COD feature when part of the transaction exists outside the game.

Crowns are not in the game. You can't send anybody in game crowns and nobody in game can send you crowns.
  • Memory_In_Motion
    Memory_In_Motion
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the game, out of the game makes no difference. The code can be written. They can write it. You have made no compelling argument against it.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the game, out of the game makes no difference. The code can be written. They can write it. You have made no compelling argument against it.

One more time. I am not saying they can't write the code. I am saying it might not be worth their efforts to write. And yes in game and out of game does matter in determining how much code and how complex the code will need to be. It absolutely makes a difference. It wouldn't be as simple as just a COD as you first implied.
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A COD gifting would be nice. An in-game way to just exchange gold and crowns directly would be even nicer.

But saying "it's just code, they just must write it" is beyond dumb, as any software developer would tell you.

And reducing it to "just code" is even dumber because I, for one, have absolutely no idea about design, technical and legal limitations of such transactions.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So writing the code to take value of real world money into account, with world currency and exchange rates, into a game world and assign values for non-material items is simple and won't cause any legal issues or concerns. How exactly would taking the time and personnel hours to do this profit ZOS/Zenimax in any way?
  • Memory_In_Motion
    Memory_In_Motion
    ✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

So writing the code to take value of real world money into account, with world currency and exchange rates, into a game world and assign values for non-material items is simple and won't cause any legal issues or concerns. How exactly would taking the time and personnel hours to do this profit ZOS/Zenimax in any way?

It would satisfy it customer base and it would reduce load on support services having to field complaints for starters.

Addons use code that provides interaction with in game world and outside world. TTC comes to mind off the top of my head. Surely if they can do it, ZOS can too.
    Edited by Memory_In_Motion on September 21, 2022 8:45PM
  • Memory_In_Motion
    Memory_In_Motion
    ✭✭✭✭
    FluffyBird wrote: »
    A COD gifting would be nice. An in-game way to just exchange gold and crowns directly would be even nicer.

But saying "it's just code, they just must write it" is beyond dumb, as any software developer would tell you.

And reducing it to "just code" is even dumber because I, for one, have absolutely no idea about design, technical and legal limitations of such transactions.
    FluffyBird wrote: »

By saing it's too hard and cant be done is just castrophisizng
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It would satisfy it customer base and it would reduce load on support services having to field complaints for starters.

Addons use code that provides interaction with in game world and outside world. TTC comes to mind off the top of my head. Surely if they can do it, ZOS can too.

TTC does not contain real time information. By the time an item makes it to TTC it can already be gone. TTC doesn't add nor take anything from the game. All it does is provide an approximation of what might be found in guild stores.

Coding it into the game might not be overly difficult. It isn't as simple as the current COD system in place though. And even if it were easy ZoS might still have reason not to include such a feature in game.
    Still not saying it can't be done. I am saying it might not be worth them doing.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not make everything that can be traded a token that is BoE until consumed/activated? That token would be tradeable through all means we already have to sell items in-game. The token can be listed in guild stores, sent COD via mail, or traded directly through the trade window.

This solves everything and gives players a choice in how safe or annoying they want the trade to be. Win/Win

• Memory_In_Motion
    Memory_In_Motion
    ✭✭✭✭

TTC does not contain real time information. By the time an item makes it to TTC it can already be gone. TTC doesn't add nor take anything from the game. All it does is provide an approximation of what might be found in guild stores.

Coding it into the game might not be overly difficult. It isn't as simple as the current COD system in place though. And even if it were easy ZoS might still have reason not to include such a feature in game.
    Still not saying it can't be done. I am saying it might not be worth them doing.

JUst because ttc doesn't use real time data doesn't mean it couldn't
  • DizzyMac
    DizzyMac
    ✭✭✭

i think you've gone well beyond the original point the OP posted..

put a COD on the gifted ITEM, not gifting crowns..

If you use crowns to purchase an item as a gift, then a "C.O.D " option is there, you could make it whatever gold value you agreed on, and its done.

NOTE - it clearly says "gifting from crown store"
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DizzyMac wrote: »

i think you've gone well beyond the original point the OP posted..

put a COD on the gifted ITEM, not gifting crowns..

If you use crowns to purchase an item as a gift, then a "C.O.D " option is there, you could make it whatever gold value you agreed on, and its done.

NOTE - it clearly says "gifting from crown store"

I actually suggested something like that. The gold would have to be held by the game so the seller could see the gold is there. The seller could then go purchase the item. The seller would then go through whatever steps to put the item in the exchange and the game would complete the transaction.
    The gold has to be secure before the item is purchased. Otherwise a player could buy the item then be stuck with it if the buyer backs out of the trade. With COD in the game if one side backs out everything goes back to how it was. With crown items if the purchaser backs out the seller is stuck with a crown item they don't want and can't return.

My concern is making sure the seller doesn't get stuck with an item they don't want. As I've said several times it isn't as simple as just an in game COD because it involves bringing something outside the game inside.

"JUst because ttc doesn't use real time data doesn't mean it couldn't"

It can't. In fact ZoS throttled back how much data another trade tool was using in game saying it caused performance issues. Tracking over 200 vendors real time is going to cut into resources it seems these servers simply do not have.

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

TTC does lists. TTC does lists ONLY if the player actively uses it, running the contents of their guildstore through the addon. If the players don't upload the information, it doesn't work. TTC is not running "real-time". Its why people complain they found X on TTC but when they went to the kiosk to buy it X was already gone. You want code that runs automatically, tracking purchases and exchanges whether the player actually wants the information tracked or not. Also, please note ZOS hasn't added TTC to the game. The more points of access to the code provided, the more chances someone will find a way to exploit something. Duping in-game mats and gold was bad. Being able to hack someone's account to get Crowns that had to be purchased with real world money would be incredibly horrific. ZOS would be rather stupid to open up the possibility.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

JUst because ttc doesn't use real time data doesn't mean it couldn't

Yes, it does. Real time data impacts the servers. They have turned off a lot of features that ran real time because it was lagging everything. Go to Cyrodiil and find a deer or a torchbug; all the critters had to be tracked real time; they turned those off in 2015 and I don't think they turned them on again. Some guild history was turned off intermittently because something was impacting the servers.

Profit versus cost of implementing; will the changes actually benefit ZOS, how many people would actually use whatever does matter.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Profit versus cost of implementing; will the changes actually benefit ZOS, how many people would actually use whatever does matter."
    I've read in other threads suggesting a secure method of exchanging crowns for gold in game would be profitable for ZoS because they would sell more crowns. I'm not sure that would be true. Demand would increase but I doubt supply would increase. The gold per crown ratio would greatly increase. Maybe players that get ESO+ would be more willing to sell with the increased gold price and a secure method of selling but that is still a really limited supply.

That has been my point the entire time. It simply might not be worth doing.
  • Memory_In_Motion
    Memory_In_Motion
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Profit versus cost of implementing; will the changes actually benefit ZOS, how many people would actually use whatever does matter."
    I've read in other threads suggesting a secure method of exchanging crowns for gold in game would be profitable for ZoS because they would sell more crowns. I'm not sure that would be true. Demand would increase but I doubt supply would increase. The gold per crown ratio would greatly increase. Maybe players that get ESO+ would be more willing to sell with the increased gold price and a secure method of selling but that is still a really limited supply.

That has been my point the entire time. It simply might not be worth doing.

I'm not at all convinced. The lack of security has driven up prices of in game gold for crowns and you with to assert that more security will drive prices higher? No one is gonna buy that. Prices are high because of the risk of being burned. I can't imagine anyone who would argue against secure transactions. If you looked at hoses for example and saw how much in game gold a house costs versus the amount of crowns it works out to be about 200 gold per crown. Today the cost is 10 times that and more. Clearly people are tired of getting burned.
  • Memory_In_Motion
    Memory_In_Motion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Why not make everything that can be traded a token that is BoE until consumed/activated? That token would be tradeable through all means we already have to sell items in-game. The token can be listed in guild stores, sent COD via mail, or traded directly through the trade window.

This solves everything and gives players a choice in how safe or annoying they want the trade to be. Win/Win

Love your thoughts on this.