The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Would you like the idea of a Solo version for ESO Dungeons?

• ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • stevenyaub16_ESO
    stevenyaub16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    What? Are you insane? This is ridiculous.
    Normal mode is solo mode.

With the companion system it's even more viable and gives around the same level of challenge as the solo arenas do.

They should change certain dungeon mechanics that require more than one person to progress though.
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. But solo dungeons should be only in normal mode.
    ZoS would just need to change a few dungeons with 2 pressure pads or levers and it would be good.

I’d also add that the option for Story mode would be appreciated by some. It should have all the enemies not attack (or overland weak) and not drop any of the dungeon set pieces. This will allow those who want to enjoy the story and loot pots and boxes to take as long as they like.
  • langewapper
    langewapper
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, both normal and veteran modes.
    normal dungeons are good as is for solo play
    just remove these stupid levers or pads to stop solo players thats all
    thanks if you changed that only
    if i want a group i do trials
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used Bastian to tank whilst I DD in normal DLC dungeons. If I’m stuck on the boss that has a group mechanic, I ask someone in the guilds to help out for a second
  • langewapper
    langewapper
    ✭✭✭
    i got a second account and computer
    i send my other account to stand on a plate /lever
    so i can move on but it is not always possible

• deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Dungeons are for groups only. Go to the Dungeon Finder and get in line!
    i got a second account and computer
    i send my other account to stand on a plate /lever
    so i can move on but it is not always possible

This is exactly why we dont need solo content or we will end up with bot farmers running multiple accounts like crazy. Even now i could technically run 4 account on my single pc at the same time, run one toon thru dungeon and bring other 3 alts in where needed afk just to collect event boxes etc if i so choose to. Thats far too easy IMO and shouldn't be possible
    Edited by deleted221205-002626 on September 19, 2022 11:21AM
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like more soloable dungeons (you do not want me in your group) and hopefully a solo level would give me the ability to get somewhere in the dungeons the 3rd undaunted person gives out. I've never made it past the first boss (though once got Mighty Chundan under 100k). So a solo version would give me a chance to practice and get more value for my ESO+ since I'll be locked out of less content.
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    You aren't forced to be in groups,I usually solo,or when my brother plays and we duo.Most dungeons soloable in normal mode,though they should change it to where you don't need another to open door like before they "fixed" it.If you talking about random for more xp,suck it up and do it as group,make a group of like minded ppl,make atleast one friend,or bring one in to game.I never had a toxic group doing randoms at all,normal or vet modes.If you have an issue,it's cause you doing vet mode at a low level and don't know how to do mechanics,or you just get realllly unlucky in group finder.Everyone seems to want to remove what makes the game an MMO,if you want a single player game,there's plenty others out there.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a compromise, I'd accept one shot mechanics being disabled if only one player remains alive. That both makes content more forgiving for progs, and allows solo clears on a difficulty the person running it can choose.

Main offenders are things like Wayrest Sewers 2 Harvester, Fungal 2 Dark Elf Assassin, and Crypt 2 Lich Boi with the Sword of Edge.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on September 23, 2022 3:52PM
  • Yas78
    Yas78
    ✭✭
    I vote to remove dungeons entirely, because from my point of view, in this particular game, this feature is a complete fail.
    Way too many fake tanks/healers, or overpowered speedrunners, or skippers, threat mechanics is weird - how can a mob from a pack aggro on a player that is far away, mob dont even see them yet. This just makes no sense.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy non DLC dungeons. I am now able to solo a few of them with a companion. They are indeen not soloable for a large portion of the population, especially at lower levels, please stop saying they are or qualify your statements by saying they are soloable for you. I wouldn't mind a soloable version for the story and to sightsee. Half the time I miss out on the quest because of runners or fast tabbers and it's irritating. This is even after I say I'm questing. I wish they would do walkthrough instances but reading between the lines they really want 4 person dungeons to be doable only by 4 persons. Again we have a disconnect on what some of the population would like vs what the game management wants.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I certainly wouldn't mind more solo friendly dungeons in the game. I'm not sure how, or if they should edit the current difficulty of them though, but removing instant kill and trapping mechanics would be nice, or allowing us to better command out companions to save us or activate switches.

That being said though, we don't want to make *too* many things soloable here, it is a MMO after all, and then adding harder content could lead to people arguing said thing is too hard ect ect.
    Edited by BenTSG on November 5, 2022 9:19AM
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be all right with a solo mode only if there were no rewards, no skill points, no motif drops, no monster helms, no credit for the Undaunted event, etc for the completion of solo mode just so the people who want to experience the story can. If you want the goodies you have to play the content the way it was intended.

+1

This is an MMO guys. Find a guild with nice people, play together. Not everyone out there is toxic. In my social guild I even had people that would fully read each and every book in the dungeon. They would go with people that like that, I would go with people that just want to get it over with. :D
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can solo dungeons already in normal/veteran depending on skill level and to a lesser extent champion points - except those with an invidiously controlling anti-solo mechanic. The latter needs to go to open all dungeons for soloing.

Many players incorrectly assume they need a group for even base game content on normal because that's all they've ever done, if at all.

But I'd urge anyone to try it. Start with fungal grotto1 on normal - just port in and try it out. You will be surprised how far you get at the first try. If it doesn't work out or seems too hard, check your skills and make sure you can self-heal or buff your defences or get some [ or more] champion points and try again later. You can also use your companion which can be helpful.

edit typos
    Edited by deleted221106-002999 on November 5, 2022 12:51PM
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Whether or not people solo dungeons doesn’t affect me so why not? It’d get the people who are miserable in a group out of the queue, along with speedrunners to an extent, and possibly drop the amount of dps in queue and make it faster.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I used to run new dungeons with a friend, but now they almost dropped the game because of constant combat changes.
    So, yes, if I don't drop the game myself, I'm going to need solo/story mode.
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definately agree. Artificial content blocking mechanics should be removed from the dungeons (levers, pressure plates etv..). Its fun to try to solo stuff, but getting blocked by a pressure plate is just sad.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU