The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you like the idea of a Solo version for ESO Dungeons?

Scaletho
Scaletho
✭✭✭✭✭
Solo players are an old reality in ESO. Many players prefer the challenge to confront in solo mode the dangers and monster of all Dungeons, but sometimes ZOS dungeon's mechanics is specifically intended to avoid the solo progress in favor of the group's one. After all, the Dungeons are made for groups. Events like the Undaunted Celebration represent a frustration for many players who don't like/don't have good characters builds/had a terrible experience with dungeon groups. And, of course, for the "professional" Solo players many dungeons prove to be very hard or impossible to be completed due to frustrating group mechanic. So I just wish to know your opinion about the subject. I know, ESO has two "solo arenas". But arenas are not the same as dungeons, and the solo players interest is the challenge to play other aspects of the game.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on September 19, 2022 1:38AM

Would you like the idea of a Solo version for ESO Dungeons? 124 votes

Yes. But solo dungeons should be only in normal mode.
36%
NestorKsariyuGlassHalfFullDanikatMalthornewhiteshadow711jppreub18_ESOTreselegantPathAvalonRangerSilverBrideAmphithoeshadyjane62VaranaAstironCadburyRagnorkChadakTornaadSilverIce58stargazer69 45 votes
Yes, both normal and veteran modes.
39%
chessalavakia_ESOJoeCapricorncalitrumanb14_ESOSalamanNZdaimVadimAlekskiesoMorimizoSironaycaptainwolfosEasily_LostSmitch_59Ankael07LucjanFischblutldzlcs065FluffyReachWitchTheImperfectTommy_The_GunAcadianPaladin 49 votes
No. Dungeons are for groups only. Go to the Dungeon Finder and get in line!
19%
belial5221_ESOCyberOnEsomartinhpb16_ESOdeleted221205-002626erdbeerheldRagnarok0130Parasaurolophuscode65536MartoBrrrofskiwolfie1.0.KatheriahMolydeusQaghpelle412WaylinRedBranchStarlight_KnightACamaroGuySuna_Ye_Sunnabe 24 votes
What? Are you insane? This is ridiculous.
3%
stevenyaub16_ESOKlingenliedSaffronCitrusflowerUnabashedlyHonest 4 votes
I don't care. I hate dungeons.
0%
Diebesgut 1 vote
What is a Dungeon?
0%
Trobaka 1 vote
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want solo mode. But I need solo secret switch unlock gimmick also.
    Some of secret searching can't do solo.( pressure switch or lever)

My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see the following for group dungeons: When you enter, you are prompted for the number of players the dungeon should scale for (1-4) regardless if you are a party of 1,2,3 or 4. More flexibility is a good thing and since ZoS has said they want to improve 'accessability', this would certainly do that better than U35 did.

I would further like to see the following for delves and public dungeons: When you enter, you are prompted public/private. If you choose private, then the dungeon is instanced to just you (and your party if you have one). Both delves and public dungeons are too darn crowded!
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on September 18, 2022 5:28PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't mind the difficulty, leaves something to strive for. But I could certainly do without the blocking mechanics. Question about "solo" though: with or without companion? The two arena's are without after all.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love a solo mode.

Norm is pretty well soloable, even on my full tank build, except for those dungeons that have pin or lever mechanics. All I'd want to have would be to make it so you don't need to stand on the Direfrost plates at the same time or have a check that prevents Malubeth's pin in Wayrest II if you're solo.

...or give us the ability to tell companions to 'activate' or 'interrupt' so they can free us. Or even have it so the companion will get targeted by the pin mechanics.

What I'd really like though is for them to make the quests repeatable the way trial quests are. The newer DLC dungeons are pretty good about that, but the basegame ones can have pretty decent differences between on-quest and off-quest runs, and so few people get to see and experience the stories there since you're expected to spam 'E' through the dialogue if you want to keep up with the group.
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My biggest frustration is with mechanics such as the floor plates in Direfrost Keep, and the mandatory headcount on secret bosses in some of the newer dungeons (see: the entire Blackwood year).

However, I wouldn't say no to the opportunity to try specially designed solo veteran dungeons.
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. It looks attractive, but in the long run it would be bad for the game.
    PC/EU
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    or have a check that prevents Malubeth's pin in Wayrest II if you're solo.

...or give us the ability to tell companions to 'activate' or 'interrupt' so they can free us. Or even have it so the companion will get targeted by the pin mechanics.

Give companions one or two skills that can interrupt would go a long way. The sword and board charge skill has a stun, but a minimum range of 7m so pointless most of the time. Or do the off balance skills interrupt? Have to check that some day.

Edited by Snamyap on September 18, 2022 6:18PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. It looks attractive, but in the long run it would be bad for the game.

Why would it be bad for the game? A lot of players solo dungeons now because they don't want to deal with the toxicity of groups. Those kind of groups are what is bad for the game.
    Edited by SilverBride on September 18, 2022 6:18PM
    PCNA
  • Kingsindarkness
    Kingsindarkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to break my usual and actually vote on this one....

I would like to see:

A premade group mode for public dungeons (Two or more people with companions that scales)
    • A story mode for trials One to Four players with companions (I mean just think how many more people would actually use all of this exclusive content that cost so much to make?)
    • A story mode for Dungeons (same rules as trials)
    • And a nightmare solo mode for all the above.

Rewards would be cosmetics motifs and overland set pieces.

Yes this would anger the raiding community...but it would make the other 98% of the player base happy. Between Cyrodiil and all of the Raid content there is so much unused areas...it is illogical to reserve this for a select few.

I'm confident that sooner or later this or something close to this will happen....I mean look how long it took them to let you hide the flappy birds?

@ZOS_RichLambert would really like it if you weighed in on this or at least do a /lurk :smile:

Edited by Kingsindarkness on September 18, 2022 6:48PM
  • Klingenlied
    Klingenlied
    ✭✭✭✭
    What? Are you insane? This is ridiculous.
    Scaletho wrote: »
    Solo players are an old reality in ESO. Many players prefer the challenge to confront in solo mode the dangers and monster of all Dungeons, but sometimes ZOS dungeon's mechanics is specifically intended to avoid the solo progress in favor of the group's one. After all, the Dungeons are made for groups. Events like the Undaunted Celebration represent a frustration for many players who don't like/don't have good characters builds/had a terrible experience with dungeon groups. And, of course, for the "professional" Solo players many dungeons prove to be very hard or impossible to be completed due to frustrating group mechanic. So I just wish to know your opinion about the subject. I know, ESO has two "solo arenas". But arenas are not the same as dungeons, and the solo players interest is the challenge to play other aspects of the game.

Actually, Solo Dungeons would be ok. Though I kinda don't care. Or to say it differently: I would want for more challenging content. Not for even more soloable casual boredom.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Eso is intended to be a social game. If that were not the case then we would be playing TES VI and not ESO. I do not say this as a slight on solo players. I prefer it sometimes as well.

I believe dungeons should remain as they are. A lot of content is set up for single play already and VA and MA exist, and almost all story quests are solo play. We are due for a new solo arena or similar style of feature though which would be nice.

But honestly, I would like to see some content designed dous and trios. As well as mini trials designed for groups of 6 - 8 before we see this.

I had dreams of a 24 person trial but alas I feel that will remain a dream...
  • Kingsindarkness
    Kingsindarkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    Eso is intended to be a social game.

Just throwing this out there...I am an extremally social player, but I will not partake in Raid/PVP/Dungeon culture as I have found it to be extremely toxic, and it just brings out the worst in people...

And for better or worse it was Zenimax that came out with the whole "Play how you Want" campaign.

I don't think that adding something for one group of players will take anything away from others...and if it does...well that would be a whole other conversation.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »
    or have a check that prevents Malubeth's pin in Wayrest II if you're solo.

Give companions one or two skills that can interrupt would go a long way. The sword and board charge skill has a stun, but a minimum range of 7m so pointless most of the time. Or do the off balance skills interrupt? Have to check that some day.

Just did some simple testing on trolls. They wouldn't use their regeneration channel when I let Isobel use her off balance charge skill (gallant blitz). Ember's stun skill (trickster's trap) did nothing there.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    Eso is intended to be a social game.

Where does it say this?

And who defines what is social? I don't have to be doing the same activity as another player to be social. I chat with friends throughout my playtime. I consider that social.
    PCNA
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My biggest frustration is with mechanics such as the floor plates in Direfrost Keep, and the mandatory headcount on secret bosses in some of the newer dungeons (see: the entire Blackwood year).

However, I wouldn't say no to the opportunity to try specially designed solo veteran dungeons.

Well, Direfrost Keep is soloable if you have a good nightblade or Werewolf Character... But you're right about the newer dungeons.
  • Ksariyu
    Ksariyu
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's two major reasons I believe solo dungeons would be a good idea.

First and foremost, I feel like a lot of players get intimidated by doing dungeons for the first time in a group. Nobody wants to feel like they're being judged every time they make a mistake, and especially given that this is an online game and people aren't always the most civil, it's a pretty fair concern. Giving players the time and space to fail on their own and learn the mechanics at their own pace I think would greatly help ease the transition into group content. Even more, a player will learn the mechanics much better when they have to deal with all of them alone, rather than perhaps getting to ignore a mechanic because either it doesn't pertain to their role or their pug group is just burning through them too fast.

The second reason is that many new players never get to properly experience dungeons anymore. Especially if your first venture into group content is through the Group Finder, it's likely your memory of that content will just be a blur of sprinting down hallways and occasionally throwing an attack or heal down at some nameless boss. I know that for myself, I never really appreciated the design and stories in any of the base game dungeons until I started soloing them. Being able to read all the dialogue, taking the intended path (See: FG1 or CoA2), and learning how all the bosses tie into the story and the location really makes the content feel more satisfying and immersive.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just leave them as they are, but remove the gimmicky 2+ person mechanics. If a player is good enough to solo a dungeon, he shouldn't be artificially gated from completing it by developer design. Especially since there is no consistency. Some original dungeons are extremely difficult to finish solo, while other newer DLC dungeons are easy to do.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add Story mode for Dungeons and at the same time some kind of Veteran Overland. Casual players will be happy for solo dungeons and veteran players will be happy for more challenging quests/bosses in overland.
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
  • estelrandir
    estelrandir
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who recently moved from NA to EU for a fresh start, I have to say that I'd really love the idea of solo dungeons, or at least a story mode.

Granted, it was my mistake to start fresh during a dungeoneering event, but the number of times that I hit Dungeon Finder, just to repeatedly end up in FG1 runs that run hell for leather to the end.

IDK. I'd like to see the story for these at least once.
    hopeful.heart on PC-NA/EU

"'Never love a wild thing, Mr. Bell,' Holly advised him. 'That was Doc's mistake. He was always lugging home wild things. [...] You can't give your heart to a wild thing: the more you do, the stronger they'll get. Until they're strong enough to run into the woods. Or fly into a tree. Then a taller tree. Then the sky. That's how you'll end up, Mr. Bell. If you let yourself love a wild thing. You'll end up looking at the sky.'" -- Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany's.
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Essentially story mode dungeon. Also make dungeon story quests dailies, so players can redo them at their leisure.

If ZOS doesn’t want to make a solo version of dungeons, the alternative is for ZOS to teach companions how to automatically engage with group mechanics that hinder progress or kills the player. Easiest way to do this is by making one shot mechanics that locks down a target to always target the companion even if the one shot is based on who has aggro. For puzzle mechanics if I pull a lever, my companion will automatically attempt to pull the other lever (if I step on a ground plate then my companion steps one as well).
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah thatd be awesome.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would need to balance them for one player though for a story mode version so that people could complete the quests at their own pace, preferably turn off all of the group focused mechanics.

As for drops from them doing them, set pieces should not be that big of an issue since your only getting one players worth of gear maybe limit them to dropping in green quality. Leads should still drop for antiquities.

And not solo as in solo arena's players should still be able to take their companion if they want maybe even make those instances let you have 3 companions out all at once, while just getting rid of the mechanics and leaving the difficulty as is.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the dungeons that are part of the year long story a solo version for normal version of those dungeons should have been created from the start. As it is Zenimax is forcing players To group for a story that is otherwise designed to be solo.

The current design doesn’t make any sense and I’m a player that is accustomed to grouping for group content.

I am merely advocating for the dungeons that are tied to the annual chapter story but find no reason to object to Zenimax doing this for all normal versions. As for a solo vet version, it’s not needed since the purpose of a solo version is to see the story and that’s the only justifiable reason.

• Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even tho I answered the way I did I'm kinda on the fence with this topic.

I love soloing dungeons, they are some of the coolest content in the game IMO.
    But I accept the fact that there are some that I cannot do bcuz of progression blocks due to mechanics.
    I'm ok with that.
    If ZOS would add this option I think it would be cool if for nothing else than to experience the dungeon's story. So an option to let soloists bypass multi-person switch-locked gates, etc would be alright I guess.

Or bosses with unavoidable one shots than need more than one person to finish.
    And I'm not talking about skill-wise. If I haven't learned yet to stay out of the bad red circle in a bossfight and get 1s that's on me.
    I'm talking about some bosses that get to a certain point in the battle and then do the magic Thanos snap of death on "one random player"...

A solo mode would also raise questions for things like achievements. Bcuz even tho you did the dungeon in solo mode you still had it a bit easier than a group of 4 players who HAD to deal with whatever boss's 1s ability, etc. So does the soloist get the same achievement? A new "solo" level achievement, IDK.

Anyway, I highly doubt we would ever see this implemented.
    You also have to figure if they allow it for dungeons within a month we would see similar requests for trials. And then more requests for a "solo Cyrodiil", etc

It's a MMO and the devs have designed certain content to be GROUP content bcuz: MMO and I think that's fine really.
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd be all right with a solo mode only if there were no rewards, no skill points, no motif drops, no monster helms, no credit for the Undaunted event, etc for the completion of solo mode just so the people who want to experience the story can. If you want the goodies you have to play the content the way it was intended.
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate the head-on rushing through the dungeons, especially ones that have a beautiful graphic design - so pretty much every dungeon :smiley:

If there was one, I'd gladly do them. Otherwise I rush head on like a madmer and don't care about others.
    Edited by Drammanoth on September 21, 2022 6:20PM
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being fought

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted yes ... I play at odd hours, due to work, and as I work as a medical patient care coordinator, sometimes I just don't have the energy out of work to deal with more people......

I believe that it should be an option you can choose.... to take a dungeon solo, or to try and solo the group one.

Auldwulfe
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to be able to solo every dungeon, so I voted for the first option.

However, that doesn't mean I want any changes made to the existing dungeons, because I realize that dungeons are intended to be content which generally requires two or more players to clear. And I'm okay with there being some content that's beyond me at any given time, because it gives me something to shoot for as a future goal.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • KaosWarMonk
    KaosWarMonk
    ✭✭✭✭
    More than anything I want to be able to solo all the dungeons, one to do the story and two for the challenge. I enjoy the challenge of doing the base game ones and it really irks me that I can't do the same with most the rest of them.

If I could wave a wand I'd have the following difficulty options on all dungeons:

story - roughly the same as a delve
    solo - roughly the same as public dungeons
    solo veteran - what group dungeons are like now with nothing that requires multiple players (or mbe code companions to do it)
    group - same as current group dungeons
    group veteran - same as current veteran dungeons

And scale loot accordingly. Edit - and have separate achievements for each level

It's a huge let down that I can't access all the content in the group dungeons. Considering these are released every year it's a lot of content that players like me are missing out on.
    Edited by KaosWarMonk on September 19, 2022 12:27AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had a Solo mode before. Doing normal dungeons with Vet Characters before 1Tamriel. We got no drops, but would get the Skill Point and Achievement. Back when Achievements mattered.

Make a choice to go Story mode, make combat like base zone public dungeons, only trash drops, no set items or Monster drops, and the skill point.
    Edited by Nestor on September 19, 2022 1:23AM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"