The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Don't Be Mr. Tank

Androrix
Androrix
✭✭✭✭
The other day I did a random normal dungeon.

Almost immediately the Tank started screaming at the Healer. "Can I get some heals?" "HEAL. HEAL. HEAL." "Are you gonna heal or what?"

I explained to him in a PM that the Healer [a genuine healer] was doing their best but was just inexperienced. "Don't have time to waste with people who can't do their job," grunted the Tank.

The Tank turned on the DPS next for not targeting ads. "ADS. ADS. ADS.ADS," he screamed over and over. It made no sense to me as the boss was easy to take down (normal dungeon) and was the one spawning the ads.

The boss died. Sadly, the Tank was so busy yelling at everyone he also died. Now that really made him mad. "I haven't died for forty five levels," he sobbed. "I never die!" "I don't have time to waste on fake healers and DPS who don't target ads." "REZ ME REZ ME!"

He was so obnoxious, two of the players actually left. We could still have finished the dungeon, but by this time the Tank was apoplectic (or embarassed) and also left.

Strangely enough, he had been a really crappy tank. The bosses chased literally everyone but him. And even in a normal dungeon he could not survive very long without being constantly healed.

I guess the point of this story is, if you choose to go in a random dungeon (normal or even vet), just get over yourself and accept other players might not be up to your standard. Or that your standard might not be all that you think it is.

Don't be Mr. Tank.

Edited by Psiion on September 15, 2022 3:24AM
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me llamo Señor Tanque.
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A decently built tank doesn't need a healer for a normal dungeon, they would know how to maintain aggro while staying in place, and most adds could straight up be ignored on normal if boss is melting. What a laugh.
    phmy09ukucbs.gif
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The worst I ever do as a tank is let people die by accident, and I already feel bad about that! Really do not get how players can be like that, as we all play for fun. There is no reason to ruin anyone's fun, especially your own.
  • Androrix
    Androrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me llamo Señor Tanque.

ok...that made laugh out loud.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait he was having a nerd tantrum in a normal dungeon?
  • bruta
    bruta
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if that happened but it was hilarious to read, you have talent in storytelling haha
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So he didn't die for 45 levels, meaning he was level 45? Inexperienced with a phobia of dying. You won't know where your limits are, if you don't push and die sometimes.

Could this be a symptom of studying up on vet mechanics and forgetting (or not knowing) normals are so easy, your tactics change? Could it be the mindset that you must run dungeons as though you're under the duress of a vet hard mode, because surely everyone will want to progress to that and they better learn "to do things properly". I've come across that mindset among experienced players too.

I build for (carrying) pugs, which is especially useful during this event. It's an approach to tanking that I don't see much adopted among newer players. Be it tanks, healers, or DDs, most are looking for a fit and forget first build, and many unfortunately end up with trickle down information from the trials meta, rather than building specifically for pugging. This means they go for group buff sets and builds, which may consequently render them dependent on having a good group,
    Edited by fred4 on September 14, 2022 3:08PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Androrix
    Androrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    bruta wrote: »
    I don't know if that happened but it was hilarious to read, you have talent in storytelling haha

Thank you!

All true. I learned the importance of keeping accurate adventuring records from Narsis Dren himself!
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is highly entertaining reading!

Unfortunately, I was tanking a random normal and got BC:1 with one of those "Sword and Board DPS" type of players who have no idea what they are doing.

They kept using Puncture as a DPS skill and taunting bosses. I repeatedly tried to tell them that Puncture is not a DPS skill and that it taunts but the other player either did not read the group chat or did not care.

They kept doing it all the way until the final boss, at which point I just stopped doing anything and let the boss kill the DPS after he taunted it. I hope that proved the point but somehow I think that "Sword and Board DPS" is probably still out there annoying tanks as we speak.
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Unfortunately, I was tanking a random normal and got BC:1 with one of those "Sword and Board DPS" type of players who have no idea what they are doing.

They kept using Puncture as a DPS skill and taunting bosses. I repeatedly tried to tell them that Puncture is not a DPS skill and that it taunts but the other player either did not read the group chat or did not care.

They kept doing it all the way until the final boss, at which point I just stopped doing anything and let the boss kill the DPS after he taunted it. I hope that proved the point but somehow I think that "Sword and Board DPS" is probably still out there annoying tanks as we speak.

A long time ago we ran into a DPS in SCP doing that. We explained to them what was happening. Their response was "this is my playstyle." We explained that it conflicted with the tank's. They said they didnt care and we left.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the worst kinds of players is one that can't see their own shortcomings and also at the same time will blame everyone but themselves for any issues that arise, especially the ones they are far too inexperienced to be able to handle themselves.

The correct course of action might be to internally ask themselves what they might be able to do to improve the situation instead of assuming they are the best tank ever (with no actual data to back that up) and assume all the problems are the result of the rest of the group. A bit of inner reflection can do wonders for self improvement.
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    And people wonder why we solo players are solo players, lol
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Androrix wrote: »
    Almost immediately the Tank started sceaming at the Healer. "Can I get some heals?" "HEAL. HEAL. HEAL." "Are you gonna heal or what?"

Tank must have huge amount of self healing without healer.
    Otherwise, can't do tank role.

But story is very funny and hilarious.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me llamo Señor Tanque.

LOL. best post ever, or at least in the past week.

To the OP. Wow, what a jerk the tank was. Before I ceased tanking random GF groups, or even running with such groups in any role, had a player start the boss pulls in a DLC dungeon which prevented explaining the fight to the person who had never done the dungeon. Yes, this was normal, but some DLC dungeons have mechanics that, if ignored, the fight goes bad such as a required interrupt.

I had asked him nicely to allow us to explain before we started the boss fights, which he ignored. Vote kicked him let to brainless hate whispers that were just too funny. There is no reason to put up with someone who acts like a jerk.

• AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ESO needs decent role tutorial mission for the beginners.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tank must have huge amount of self healing without healer.
    Otherwise, can't do tank role.

But story is very funny and hilarious.

Do you need a huge amount of self healing in normal though? Guess it depends on the nerd rager's gear. Who knows what lousy leveling sets he was wearing because it usually doesn't matter for normal dungeons.

Nerd rager rages and blames healer. News at 11.
  • Kingsindarkness
    Kingsindarkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Almost immediately the Tank started sceaming at the Healer. "Can I get some heals?" "HEAL. HEAL. HEAL." "Are you gonna heal or what?"

I explained to him in a PM that the Healer [a genuine healer] was doing their best but was just inexperienced. "Don't have time to waste with people who can't do their job," grunted the Tank.

The Tank turned on the DPS next for not targeting ads. "ADS. ADS. ADS.ADS," he screamed over and over. It made no sense to me as the boss was easy to take down (normal dungeon) and was the one spawing the ads.

The boss died. Sadly, the Tank was so busy yelling at everyone he also died. Now that really made him mad. "I haven't died for forty five levels," he sobbed. "I never die!" "I don't have time to waste on fake healers and DPS who don't target ads." "REZ ME REZ ME!"

He was so obnoxious, two of the players actually left. We could still have finished the dungeon, but by this time the Tank was apoplectic (or embarassed) and also left.

Strangely enough, he had been a really crappy tank. The bosses chased literally everyone but him. And even in a normal dungeon he could not survive very long without being constantly healed.

I guess the point of this story is, if you choose to go in a random dungeon (normal or even vet), just get over yourself and accept other players might not be up to your standard. Or that your standard might not be all that you think it is.

Don't be Mr. Tank.

Several people I worked with when I first played did this just to harass people....they get a kick out of it.

You can't tell them not to be Mr. Tank, because that is the game to them. Fortunately I found a better class of people to hang out with.

I stay far far away from Randoms.. it just isn't worth it.

Edited by Kingsindarkness on September 14, 2022 8:24PM
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Strangely enough, he had been a really crappy tank.
    I'm SHOCKED.
    The bosses chased literally everyone but him. And even in a normal dungeon he could not survive very long without being constantly healed.
    How SURPRISING.
    Don't be Mr. Tank.

That dude is the type that gives tanks a bad name; not living up to the bare-minimum standard himself, while blaming everyone else for his own ineptitude.

PC/NA Warden Main
    • Dr_Con
      Dr_Con
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      a tank asking for heals. how quaint.

if i get heals these days in a matchmade dungeon, I'm pleasantly surprised. I much rather get resources, an occasional damage shield, and for them to keep the dps alive, or for them to even be a DPS whose extra job is to provide resources.

if i die due to, you know, dying, i usually say "damn, ran out of stamina" or i start rambling about pulling out lady thorn and using the blood altar so i can get more resources off my own synergy, people usually get the hint, but if it's a sub 200 cp player healing in a difficult dungeon I will directly ask them questions such as what their build is, what skills they have slotted, if they need help, etc. I even offer to make craftable gear at-cost for them if they need it.

in Vet DLC dungeons it's been my experience that most healers, but primarily ESL ones who are new to the game, under 500ish CP are all over the place with what they're trying to do.

This game would benefit from being able to copy/paste our text chat into google translate as part of the base game.
      Edited by Dr_Con on September 14, 2022 7:44PM
    • Carcamongus
      Carcamongus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Tank here, but I'm no longer addressing myself as mister. Anyway, I feel embarrassed when I die, but I keep that to myself and don't keep track of how many levels I gained since the last death. I mean, why in blazes would I do that? Even in hard content I try to rely as much as possible on my own resources and, if I get angry when I die, it's usually at myself. Nagging at other players is a bad habit and if you're trying to do your job well, you shouldn't have time for that.

In any case, 10/10, would read again.
      Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
      "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
    • bmnoble
      bmnoble
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      In that case that guy probably typed more in chat, than any of the groups combined in my last 10 normal dungeon runs.

Unless your levelling a tank, you should not really need a healer in normal dungeons aside from a few DLC ones, a long time ago now, I made the decision to switch from two shield and board bars to just one shield and board bar and a resto staff bar.

Sure I could have a damage bar instead but I have found often enough when I tank, that I will end up with a fake healer and overly squishy damage dealers, so now I just tank and heal, keeping the damage dealers alive is more useful than me adding a little more damage to the group.
    • WhiteCoatSyndrome
      WhiteCoatSyndrome
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Do you need a huge amount of self healing in normal though?

No, because my bank alt that I’ve been tanking with who has no points in any stat has been able to stick to her sword and board bar 90%+ of the time the entire event so far (I’ve been running at least two dungeons per day with her the entire event) and she’s still surviving quite well. And I usually heal or DPS, so it’s definitely not a skill thing. :D

(Incidentally if anyone has stat allocation recommendations for a Warden tank, please share.)
      #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
      A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
    • ixthUA
      ixthUA
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Some people play in "dead is dead" mode, means they delete their character if it dies. Not as addicting as recording on video though.
    • Carcamongus
      Carcamongus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      ixthUA wrote: »
      Some people play in "dead is dead" mode, means they delete their character if it dies. Not as addicting as recording on video though.

Well, I was raised on Super Mario Bros... maybe some people are afraid of running out of lives in a game with no green mushrooms?
      Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
      "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
    • deejayvee
      deejayvee
      ✭✭✭✭
      Sarannah wrote: »
      The worst I ever do as a tank is let people die by accident, and I already feel bad about that!

I got my NecroTank up to 50 in time for this event, and the NecroRes has been great for the handful of times this has happened.

Twice (different players, different dungeons) I was able to get 3 dead players back up without missing a beat. I'm not sure if it was my fault they went down, but was pretty satisfying and nobody complained as we finished the fights without further incident.
      PC - NA
    • AvalonRanger
      AvalonRanger
      ✭✭✭✭✭

As a tank mainly, there're no time for chat typing opportunity. Because we're very busy in combat
      by so many of taunting control and casting supportive buff skill. Keep checking map structure to
      reduce AoE range as possible as I can, or keep searching dangerous foe, or other player's situation.

Simply say, tank is very busy work. No time for chatting.

If that guy keep yelling through the combat, then it's not real tank. :s

2023/12/21
    • WinterHeart626
      WinterHeart626
      ✭✭✭✭
      Mr Tank requires lessons on how to Taunt N Yoink.
      Healers do their jobs better when
      1) DPS are not taking silly amounts of damage.
      2) when the bosses are held in position by tank.
      3) when big adds are held by tank in addition to boss (adv tanking).
      4) most importantly, DPS and HEALERS do their jobs better when not being screamed at.
    • Psiion
      Psiion
      ✭✭✭✭
      Greetings,

After review, we have gone ahead and moved this thread to a more fitting section of the Forums. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.
      Staff Post
    • Xarc
      Xarc
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      And if someone wants to be Miss tank ?
      @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
      "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
      Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
      Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
      Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
      Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
      Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
      Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
      Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
      Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
      kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
      - since april.2014
    • Arbit
      Arbit
      ✭✭✭✭
      Some people get a kick out of beating up people verbally. I hear a neighbour verbally abusing people online in his game constantly. If you hear him, he is telling someone how much they suck and how much better he is than them. I’d say the eso community is generally very good, but there are people like this around.
      Argonian Master Race