The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Don't Be Mr. Tank

• AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some end-game maniac tend to become "Mr,Tank" attitude. Especially trial maniac DPS player.
    They tend to forget general purpose combat tactical, and lost situation adaptiveness.
    Usually coming to random queue with extremely off- balance glass building , and doing
    very arrogance and selfish behavior. Dead player can't do anything anymore. Be careful
    what you're doing out there, and don't forget team work. No thanks for blind arrogance hero.

Or, if you want to keep your style in any situation, then DON'T USE random queue anymore.
    Edited by AvalonRanger on October 5, 2022 1:03AM
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some end-game maniac tend to become "Mr,Tank" attitude. Especially trial maniac DPS player.
    They tend to forget general purpose combat tactical, and lost situation adaptiveness.
    Usually coming to random queue with extremely off- balance glass building , and doing
    very arrogance and selfish behavior. Dead player can't do anything anymore. Be careful
    what you're doing out there, and don't forget team work. No thanks for blind arrogance hero.

Or, if you want to keep your style in any situation, then DON'T USE random queue anymore.

I doubt, that people you describe are end game players. I know, that a lot of obnoxious players paint themself as endgame players "I don't have time for you, I didi this 1000000 times". But they freezed on quite low power level. So they are far from endgame power.

Endgame player could run random normal with their trial DD, slot taunt and do basic tanking without issues. That is reason, why we see fake tanks like such problem. It is possible to skip queue as tank and be able do basic tanking with DD build, but a lot of fake tanks dont care.
    Also, endgame players need to learn teamwork and respect because you cannot do veteran trials without proper cooperation.
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if this player was trolling because I don't know how anyone who attempted to make a tank could die in a normal dungeon.
    As the last post said, an end game player on a DD could "tank" a normal dungeon with no heals from a healer and taunt slotted and not die. A shield, good self heals and knowing when to dodge roll and get out of AOEs and you're good.
    Sounds like they were spending too much time typing and not enough playing.
  • Maul_Rat
    Maul_Rat
    ✭✭✭
    "Why are you a fake healer"
    *dies with 20 k HP*

This MMO loves new players.
    I just want man flesh.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a glass cannon dps I can heal myself soloing any normal dungeon and your telling me you can't as a tank. Bruhhh
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on October 10, 2022 4:54AM
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few nights ago I was leveling my new sorc healer in a normal dungeon, I was at level 48 at the time. I run healers this would be my third. Anyway, I notice that one of the DPS was struggling and so I upped the heals to help her stay alive. The tank says "I have an AOE heal". I think okay buddy, but I'm not here for you. He continues to complain about one thing or the other. I guess he was miffed that he got a level 48 healer, to be clear I had a restoration staff with the same skills I use on all my healers even at this level. No one died and I kept the health bars topped up so I have no idea what he was banging on about.

He also wasn't a very good tank and kept trying to do the DPS job for them. Hmm, maybe he was offering to do mine for me too with the "AOE" comment...

PS5/NA
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    deejayvee wrote: »

I got my NecroTank up to 50 in time for this event, and the NecroRes has been great for the handful of times this has happened.

Twice (different players, different dungeons) I was able to get 3 dead players back up without missing a beat. I'm not sure if it was my fault they went down, but was pretty satisfying and nobody complained as we finished the fights without further incident.

I have one necro tank and yes, it's lovely when I can rez; but I also want to be able to use a pro-party ulti such as war horn, so it's a careful balance. I will say it's really fun to be able to "group rez" on some of the harder world bosses (dragons, vents and that *%#$ guar).
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    A few nights ago I was leveling my new sorc healer in a normal dungeon, I was at level 48 at the time. I run healers this would be my third. Anyway, I notice that one of the DPS was struggling and so I upped the heals to help her stay alive. The tank says "I have an AOE heal". I think okay buddy, but I'm not here for you. He continues to complain about one thing or the other. I guess he was miffed that he got a level 48 healer, to be clear I had a restoration staff with the same skills I use on all my healers even at this level. No one died and I kept the health bars topped up so I have no idea what he was banging on about.

He also wasn't a very good tank and kept trying to do the DPS job for them. Hmm, maybe he was offering to do mine for me too with the "AOE" comment...

It looks to me, that tank wanted to be helpful. I don't understand, why you want to demonizing them therefore.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elendir2am wrote: »

It looks to me, that tank wanted to be helpful. I don't understand, why you want to demonizing them therefore.

Ah no, he complained constantly and not in a helpful way. He didn't do a good job of taunting the adds and boss and kept DPSing instead. The "I have an AOE heal" was in the first encounter. No one's health bars had even dropped. I don't know for sure why he assumed I couldn't handle the heals, but my guess is the low level. On the last boss he proclaimed that not to worry he would go in first and grab all the adds and boss, and then proceeded to be unable to do that. He was not helpful.
    PS5/NA
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that "Sword and Board DPS" is probably still out there annoying tanks as we speak.

A long time ago we ran into a DPS in SCP doing that. We explained to them what was happening. Their response was "this is my playstyle." We explained that it conflicted with the tank's. They said they didnt care and we left.

In a random I usually try to let people play as they want and support as well as I can. ESO is advertised as a game where you are able 'Play however you want" and I don't want to disappoint anyone or discourage their creativity..
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mesite wrote: »
    I think that "Sword and Board DPS" is probably still out there annoying tanks as we speak.

A long time ago we ran into a DPS in SCP doing that. We explained to them what was happening. Their response was "this is my playstyle." We explained that it conflicted with the tank's. They said they didnt care and we left.

In a random I usually try to let people play as they want and support as well as I can. ESO is advertised as a game where you are able 'Play however you want" and I don't want to disappoint anyone or discourage their creativity..

Yea...but it's only within acceptable deviation. I don't want to do group mission with useless over CP1K
    fake role players who can't survive just 3-minutes at the boss fighting.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is highly entertaining reading!

Unfortunately, I was tanking a random normal and got BC:1 with one of those "Sword and Board DPS" type of players who have no idea what they are doing.

They kept using Puncture as a DPS skill and taunting bosses. I repeatedly tried to tell them that Puncture is not a DPS skill and that it taunts but the other player either did not read the group chat or did not care.

They kept doing it all the way until the final boss, at which point I just stopped doing anything and let the boss kill the DPS after he taunted it. I hope that proved the point but somehow I think that "Sword and Board DPS" is probably still out there annoying tanks as we speak.

I did this by accident when I first started years ago. No one said why the tank rage quit though. At the time it was the only skill I had. I wish I knew who that tank was so I could apologise >.< but I literally had no idea. Kudos to you for at least telling them, whether they heard you or not is on them.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Androrix
    Androrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    This is highly entertaining reading!

Unfortunately, I was tanking a random normal and got BC:1 with one of those "Sword and Board DPS" type of players who have no idea what they are doing.

They kept using Puncture as a DPS skill and taunting bosses. I repeatedly tried to tell them that Puncture is not a DPS skill and that it taunts but the other player either did not read the group chat or did not care.

They kept doing it all the way until the final boss, at which point I just stopped doing anything and let the boss kill the DPS after he taunted it. I hope that proved the point but somehow I think that "Sword and Board DPS" is probably still out there annoying tanks as we speak.

I did this by accident when I first started years ago. No one said why the tank rage quit though. At the time it was the only skill I had. I wish I knew who that tank was so I could apologise >.< but I literally had no idea. Kudos to you for at least telling them, whether they heard you or not is on them.

That's nice of you, but a rage quitter like that probably doesn't deserve your apology.
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    Androrix wrote: »

That's nice of you, but a rage quitter like that probably doesn't deserve your apology.

It is right think to apology, when you do something wrong. Looking for reasons to not apology isn't right.
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

I got my NecroTank up to 50 in time for this event, and the NecroRes has been great for the handful of times this has happened.

Twice (different players, different dungeons) I was able to get 3 dead players back up without missing a beat. I'm not sure if it was my fault they went down, but was pretty satisfying and nobody complained as we finished the fights without further incident.

I have one necro tank and yes, it's lovely when I can rez; but I also want to be able to use a pro-party ulti such as war horn, so it's a careful balance. I will say it's really fun to be able to "group rez" on some of the harder world bosses (dragons, vents and that *%#$ guar).

I was always told War Horn was a healer ultimate, but often when I run randoms I'll see a tank with it slotted and we blow it at the same time before each boss fight. I can't help thinking there's got to be something better they can slot.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molydeus wrote: »

I was always told War Horn was a healer ultimate, but often when I run randoms I'll see a tank with it slotted and we blow it at the same time before each boss fight. I can't help thinking there's got to be something better they can slot.

in a trial group, the tanks and the healers usually have the horns, unless one of the tanks is a necromancer then they might be running colossus, but that is where there are addons and the raid lead making callouts for who needs to horn so they arent lapping

i also usually prefer having the rez ult ready on my necromancer tank because it is helpful to get people back up quickly
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Molydeus wrote: »

Warhorn is a healer ultimate but it is also a tank ultimate. Really what should happen is that healer and tank alternate for max warhorn uptimes but its hard to coordinate in pugs. Whether or not there’s something better that can be slotted depends on class. When I do healer (warden) I tend to destro instead of horn with pugs to avoid this issue and when I tank (sorc) I’ll drop atro instead if the healer uses warhorn.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • bachpain
    bachpain
    ✭✭✭✭
    How were you in voice comms with Senior Tank? I didn't know ESO had voice comms. Entertaining read either way. Most of my normal randoms when I tank I say hi in group chat, end up doing 70% of the DPS, keep myself healed, and then at the end of the run if anything the only communication from the others is asking for gear or a quick gg. Otherwise I slot 1 HOT, one burst heal on my DPS and que as a healer and put them in my rotation and we blow everything up.

There was one moon hunter keep the other day where a DPS kept standing in stupid on the first boss and left once he died. The tank didn't know the mechanics and got mad that we "left him" on the boss where the healing spriggans spawn in the maze so he age quit (even though he didn't die lol). So me and the remaining DPS duod the rest of the dungeon in peace. They usually are way less eventful though to be honest.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bachpain wrote: »
    How were you in voice comms with Senior Tank? I didn't know ESO had voice comms. Entertaining read either way. Most of my normal randoms when I tank I say hi in group chat, end up doing 70% of the DPS, keep myself healed, and then at the end of the run if anything the only communication from the others is asking for gear or a quick gg. Otherwise I slot 1 HOT, one burst heal on my DPS and que as a healer and put them in my rotation and we blow everything up.

There was one moon hunter keep the other day where a DPS kept standing in stupid on the first boss and left once he died. The tank didn't know the mechanics and got mad that we "left him" on the boss where the healing spriggans spawn in the maze so he age quit (even though he didn't die lol). So me and the remaining DPS duod the rest of the dungeon in peace. They usually are way less eventful though to be honest.

Console has built in voice chat, so may have been on console
    Soupy twist