The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Important notice regarding 2020 announcement of ESO not being ported to ARM-based Macs

Nyseto
Nyseto
✭✭✭
A few people have found some workarounds, some are still hoping for a hot fix. None of this will cut it as our days are numbered regardless since macOS Ventura will drop later in October as well. This is not resolved until we have an updated and definitive stance on that 2020 announcement since ESO has been running flawlessly since and many are being led on, spending their money, as well as this game being falsely advertised on other digital distribution sites such as Steam as being compatible with Macs. ZOS is left with few choices: confirm that they will port ESO over to ARM-based Macs (like Blizzard did for WoW) or give us the axe once and for all. We are being treated as second-rate customers compared to others who have the comfort of knowing they will continue being able to play the game. It would be hypocrisy on behalf of ZOS to give us a hot fix when they clearly announced in 2020 that ARM-based Macs will not be supported. The intel-based Macs are being phased out quickly with the release of the silicone chip to the point that ZOS will inevitably have to remove anything Mac-related from their ESO site. If this is a risk ZOS is willing to take as far as their player base goes, and more Mac users requesting refunds in the future..so be it-I am not their financial advisor. But I will not be led on having spent my hard-earned money only to be told about an article from 2 years ago that (I and many others) had no idea about, until now. There have been others who have spent their hard-earned, (and egregious) amounts of money paying for 6 month's worth of membership as well as crown store purchases recently, for example. This is an MMORPG with a micro-transaction store which is a long term investment for many players as far as time & money goes. I will not be yo-yoed around when my money is involved, and this thread can get locked in the end as well for all I care.

TL;DR This situation will remain unresolved until ESO will be ported over to ARM-based Macs or ARM-based Mac users given the axe. Our money spent as customers is at stake.

1tfvktiy6wxr.jpeg

“Mid-2017 Macs and Newer” is false advertisement. It should be Macs 2017-2020.

p8jaj6sqaimm.jpeg

“Requires 64-bit processor and operating system”. Intel i5 processor is only a recommendation, there is nothing that suggests ARM is unsupported.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on August 24, 2022 12:53PM
This discussion has been closed.