The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

RESOLVED - M1 PROBLEM AFTER UPDATE

xPoisin
xPoisin
✭✭✭
HELOOO ALL.... GREAT NEWS FOR ALL OF US :D

GOT THE ISSUE SOLVED FOR YOU... YOU CAN THANK ME LATER...

Follow these steps >
1. download from AppStore following App > Display Menu --- it is free
2. install and launch the App
3. select fixed resolution from the Aplication in the UPPER MENU BAR
4. launch and play the ESO...
Edited by ZOS_Bill on August 24, 2022 12:58PM
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    just for people who may ask why :
    - new M1 is using dynamic scaling so there could be problem with apps forcing fixed resolution of display
    - the Display Menu App is forcing fixed resolution across system preferences
    - mirroring is doing the same thing, forcing fixed resolution to built-in display

• xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    Also this workaround will let you choose the resolution in ingame video settings...
  • denisclairetneb18_ESO
    Thank you !

I tried something without installing the app, thinking that eso might not work with all resolutions.
    x7poy9usk3tk.png

It's French, but you can guess :-)

Setting the resolution to "more space" makes eso happy and launch fine.
  • denisclairetneb18_ESO
    Well, works for a MacBook Pro M1 16.
  • Bo0137
    Bo0137
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for this workaround! I will try this later today. Meanwhile, waiting for an official fix for this!
    -On my shoulder, Ms. Ahvine
  • Nyseto
    Nyseto
    ✭✭✭
    This is only a band-aid. How long until these workarounds run out and they pull that 2020 article out on us again? macOS Ventura is dropping in October, don’t be surprised if that will do us in for good just as you got excited to play again and spend more money on membership and the crown store.

If we are continuously hanging by a thread, then the issue is not truly resolved. We are spending money just like the PC players and yet being treated as if we’re second rate all based off an article from 2 years ago that no one with a new Mac will know about unless they dig.
    Edited by Nyseto on August 23, 2022 11:26PM
  • Nyseto
    Nyseto
    ✭✭✭
    Bo0137 wrote: »
    Thank you for this workaround! I will try this later today. Meanwhile, waiting for an official fix for this!

There won’t be an official fix until they fix their stance on that 2020 article stating that ESO won’t be ported over to ARM-based Macs. It’s been working for 2 years flawlessly since and at the first hiccup that’s what they pulled on us. Don’t let them throw you a bone of a hot fix as it would be hypocritical of them to support ARM-based Macs with respect to that 2020 announcement.
    Edited by Nyseto on August 23, 2022 11:42PM
  • NetherClawSr
    Unfortunately that’s exactly what they still do. Refer to the statement that non intel Mac is not supported as soon as the usual standard “customer support solutions “ do not work. It happened to me again when I filed a report on controller issues.
  • Midni
    Midni
    ✭✭
    This is awesome and many thanks!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We have decided to close this thread since the OP comment is already posted in the ongoing discussion for Mac launch issue. You can continue discussion in the thread linked below.

Game won't launch on Mac since update.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.