The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

So... glyphs are not consumables?

Ratzkifal
Ratzkifal
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I just completed an Enchanting Master Writ for the endeavor, foolishly believing that glyphs are consumables because they get consumed on use. You know, because there are consumables and equipment crafting writs and glyphs are definitely not equipment. But, surprise surprise, it didn't count! Because apparently only potions, food and drink writs count.

Well, I think glyphs should count as consumables because first of all regular enchanting writs are posted on the consumable crafting writ board and not the equipment board, but also because once you use glyphs they disappear from your inventory and you'll need to craft another if you want to use one again. Fix this endeavor ZOS and all the others too while you're at it. This is getting ridiculous.
yf1s99at93k3.png
r73c8qmz4v31.png
And before anyone says anything, I actually completed a master writ, I just put that image of the regular writs there so nobody can claim they aren't actually consumables.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 16, 2022 3:09AM
This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I support your statements
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the same thing you did and was surprised it didn't count.

Went and made a drink writ, but yes ZOS, please fix the endeavors that are either confusing due to your wording, or just plain broken like the one above.

Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apparently potions are also not consumable. Go figure.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently potions are also not consumable. Go figure.

What?? It literally says potions on the description. It's gotta be bugged at this point.
  • Spiral__Architect
    Potions, but not poisons.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Potions, but not poisons.

Wow. That makes even less sense. You'd think all alchemy writs would work if potions work.
  • Mithgil
    Mithgil
    ✭✭✭
    I did a Poison alchemy writ and it credited me for the Consumables writ Endeavor.
    PC NA Yes, I use add-ons.
  • Marronsuisse
    Marronsuisse
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, I also did an enchanting sealed writ going by the logic that daily enchanting writs are posted on the consumables writ board.

I was forgetting that endeavors don't follow any sort of discernable logic. :)
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding

This is a thread about endeavors not crafting. @ZOS_Hadeostry
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can be that this Endeavour was in a way bugged. It didn't work on poison Alchemy and Enchanting Master Writs.
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being fought

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drammanoth wrote: »
    It can be that this Endeavour was in a way bugged. It didn't work on poison Alchemy and Enchanting Master Writs.

Let's hope so. A lot of other endeavors that you'd think are bugged are actually not bugged and just weird. Like how insects are not chitinous creatures even though they are made of chitin and drop carapace, while Dunerippers clearly look like reptiles (keratinous creatures) but count for some reason. Or how "escaping a guard" means having to get get accosted and then choosing to run away and nothing else. So I immediately thought that this was another case of endeavors simply having weird logic, but it might actually just be bugged.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As poisons can be consumed by the gear (weapons) and not only by the char itself, glyphs should be in line with that.
    Either if it's a bug or not, someone from ZOS should clarify this situation. @ZOS_Kevin ? @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I completed an enchanting master writ today, which counted for the "complete a durables master writ" endeavor.
    Curious that glyphs are characterized as durable for master writ endeavors but the daily is on the consumable board.