The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Bot issue on Xbox is out of control and prices have plummetted

Jpk0012
Jpk0012
✭✭✭✭
Bots on the xbox is out of control. They are back to populating other zones besides the newbie zones. I ran into a stack of them in Rivenspire. Prices on materials have nosedived in the past month due to these bots farming 24/7.

Why are we not able to trace these bots back to the owners? Surely, they send mail or trade with the owner. Banning these bots is not enough, because they just make another trial account. Ban the people who are the real owners of these accounts.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on August 10, 2022 2:08PM
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want the prices to plummet on PC too. Send the bots to the PC servers when they are finished. It'll be a buyer's market.

DISCLAIMER: Just thought I'd better add that I want cheap things to buy and don't condone bots or any breaking of the TOS.
    Edited by Mesite on June 27, 2022 11:29AM
    Options
  • Jpk0012
    Jpk0012
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mesite wrote: »
    I want the prices to plummet on PC too. Send the bots to the PC servers when they are finished. It'll be a buyer's market.

DISCLAIMER: Just thought I'd better add that I want cheap things to buy and don't condone bots or any breaking of the TOS.
    If prices are high on the PC why not take advantage and sell that stuff yourself?
    Options
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes, can we (PC) pls have some too?
    :D
    Options
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like cheap mats.
    Options
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think anyone is going to sort the bot problem. I can only realistically suggest you hoard your materials until the prices go up ( only likely if they manage to get rid of the bots) or stop collecting them. It's like clockwork watches. They'll never ever sell at their original levels due to digitalisation.
    Options
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jpk0012 wrote: »

If prices are high on the PC why not take advantage and sell that stuff yourself?

Because on PC we have hyperinflation instead so those platings I've hoarded keep doubling in value.
    Too many toons not enough time
    Options
  • Jpk0012
    Jpk0012
    ✭✭✭✭

Because on PC we have hyperinflation instead so those platings I've hoarded keep doubling in value.

Better than the alternative? At least, they aren't at prices that invalidated your work due to cheaters. I gotta admit a little surprised PC is now pro-bot. It wasn't that way when PC had bots.
    Edited by Jpk0012 on June 27, 2022 12:10PM
    Options
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Consoles are plagued. I still can't understand why there aren't any Game Masters around...

Funny, the contradicting people on this forum who don't want to break ToS but are trying to support botting.
    As if the ends justify the means...
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    Options
  • Anfieldkris
    Anfieldkris
    ✭✭✭
    This is much the same on PlayStation. When we get an endeavour which is farm x resources, either any resources, wood or cloth or alchemy, no trouble at all. If we get farm x ore nodes, forget about the starter zones which used to be the obvious choice. There will be armies of level 3-4 characters either parked beside them or running very short loops based on spawn timers, with stupid two word hyphenated name accounts in the same format and a character called xhjjshggdtv or whatever.
    Options
  • Jpk0012
    Jpk0012
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is much the same on PlayStation. When we get an endeavour which is farm x resources, either any resources, wood or cloth or alchemy, no trouble at all. If we get farm x ore nodes, forget about the starter zones which used to be the obvious choice. There will be armies of level 3-4 characters either parked beside them or running very short loops based on spawn timers, with stupid two word hyphenated name accounts in the same format and a character called xhjjshggdtv or whatever.

I assumed it was the same on PS. Its infuriating. The PC version does such a good job of eradicating them they all seem to have migrated to the consoles, since they have free reign. Keeps getting worse and worse. I wish they would trace the materials to the guild trader and ban that person. Banning fake accounts isn't the solution.
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have them come to PC-NA and drop these wacktastic prices
    Edited by Holycannoli on June 27, 2022 3:28PM
    Options
  • skyrimfantasy
    skyrimfantasy
    ✭✭✭
    Not condoning bots at all, but here's some price differences since PC doesn't have the bot issue. These are based off what I see on TTC this morning, the cost for just one mat.

Dreugh Wax:
    PC: 38,000
    Xbox: 6,000

Perfect Roe:
    PC: 92,000
    Xbox: 15,500

Chromium Plating:
    PC: 352,000
    Xbox: 78,000

Zircon Plating:
    PC: 140,000
    Xbox: 30,000
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like I said, wacktastic pricing. We need a good bot infestation right about now lol.
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not condoning bots at all, but here's some price differences since PC doesn't have the bot issue. These are based off what I see on TTC this morning, the cost for just one mat.

Dreugh Wax:

I've been seeing Dreugh Wax for as low as 2500 gold on Xbox NA.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    Options
  • Jpk0012
    Jpk0012
    ✭✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »

Dreugh Wax:

I've been seeing Dreugh Wax for as low as 2500 gold on Xbox NA.

Yes, farming mats sucks. The answer is not bots, though.
    Options
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I been reporting bots since 1t to no avail. It's so redicilous that it hasn't been delt with and that just encourages more people to set up bots when they see others not being punished.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Better than the alternative? At least, they aren't at prices that invalidated your work due to cheaters. I gotta admit a little surprised PC is now pro-bot. It wasn't that way when PC had bots.

I don't think it's PC players that are pro bot. If you're generally a buyer of mats, I could see you being pro bot as it lowers the price you have to pay for the materials. If you generally farm and sell materials, you'd be more likely to be against bots as it affects how much you can sell your items for. This is just a generalization of course and isn't to say everyone is like that, but just because you're seeing a few PC players in this thread that would appreciate lower buy prices, doesn't mean that most PC players are in favor of botting.

What I'm saying is the divide is between buyers/sellers and not so much based on platform.
    Options
  • Armanie
    Armanie
    ✭✭✭
    Good news is, if mats are that cheap you no longer have to farm them yourself
    6w9p0izrctts.jpg
    Options
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is proof that price inflation on PC is related to when they got bots under control. I don't support bots, but wanted to point out the conspiracys with traders was incorrect
    Options
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    P.S console people we aren't pro bot...we are just jealous of your prices
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on June 27, 2022 6:11PM
    Options
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is proof that price inflation on PC is related to when they got bots under control. I don't support bots, but wanted to point out the conspiracys with traders was incorrect

Do they have the bots under control on PC?

Illegal gold is cheaper on PC than on Consoles.

Options
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Dreugh Wax:

Perfect Roe:
    PC: 92,000
    Xbox: 15,500

Chromium Plating:
    PC: 352,000
    Xbox: 78,000

Zircon Plating:
    PC: 140,000
    Xbox: 30,000

TTC doesn't work for console. For instance Dreugh Wax was more like 2500 each last time I checked.

It's kinda nuts on both ends really.
    Options
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually no. Nothing is wrong with Xbox prices. The prices are so low because the value/purchasing power of gold is high relatively compared to PC. Crowns are selling at 100:1 still and have been for many, many, many years. If Xbox had a botting problem you'd expect more liquidity and gold to be driving prices up like on PC
    Options
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And ppl will still say that consoles have "healthy" economy...
    Remove bots and prices of materials will go up 2-3 times. But then ppl will complain about inflation.... sigh, u cant make ppl happy...
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
    Options
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I wonder if they are actually bots on Xbox. They seem to move more than absolutely necessary. I wonder if somewhere there's a warehouse overseas and people running multiple Xboxes. I think that if every Xbox has a copy of the game, it might not even be against the TOS.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prices on PC are hyper-inflationary, while they are nose-diving on console.

Yet still traders will defend to the hilt this broken wreck of a trading system.

It's a strange old world...

Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    P.S console people we aren't pro bot...we are just jealous of your prices

This. No way do I want bots, I just want our prices back to normal.
    Options
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I like having the option of farming mats myself instead of having to buy them from the bots who hoard resource nodes. Yeah, sure it's cheaper to buy mats with bots, but you're practically forced to buy them. Even if you have methods of farming mats still, you can't farm them effectively with the flood of bots out there.

Claiming bots are okay is like saying you appreciate being extorted by the mob because their protection fees are so reasonable.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
    Options
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox live is needed for gamers to play on console.... however ESO is included in game pass. This means that for $15 a month a person running bots can create a new account as soon as one is banned. There is no penalty for using bots on the console, unlike on pc where the person would need to buy a new copy of the game for every ban. On top of that every new bot account created add to the overall "20 million players". The 20 million players is not the number of players active in the game, but rather the number accounts that are registered on the game. This is not a conspiracy, it is a simple fact. So technically every new bot account created adds to the over all registered player count. I have yet to see a stats posted directly from the developers based on the number of accounts out of the 20m that are banned, or inactive.

What I can extrapolate is that if you assume an even number of players on all systems, and you assume 21m by the end of the year, that means there are about 7m accounts on xbox alone. From the xbox achievement percentages, you can see that only 51% unlocked the main quest chapter 1 achievement, but only 26% of the players unlocked the achievement for completing main quest chapter 1.5. So immediately 74% of the accounts out of the 7m have not gone back to the harborage after getting out of the tutorial. Now looking at champion points, there is an achievement for applying a single champion point. Only 6.5% if the players on console have unlocked this achievement. Out of the 7m players assumed on console only 455,000 have done this. Then you can look at something like the achievement of learning all the basic blue styles, and you realize that only 2.85% of the players have unlocked that achievement. So now we are down to less 200k players that have learned the blue motif books, which you can find for under 1000g total. Looking at rare styles that number is even lower at 52,500 accounts that have learned the Ancient elf, Daedric, primal, Imperial, and barbaric styles... which is a good approximation of the number of actual players that regularly play.

That "20m players" is nothing but a hyper inflated marketing number, which unfortunately fails to actually represent the actual community of players engaging with the game. It would be like nbc boasting that the Olympics this past year had 7.9 billion athletes since that is the current population of earth. Although technically it is true that there are almost 8b registered humans on earth, it is no where near the number of actual athletes competing in the Olympics. Sadly bots boost numbers, and that is the truth.
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Went to Stros M’Kai today for the High Isle companion storyline and there were about 8 identical bots standing on top of each other at the wayshrine next to the big city. I guess they were awaiting orders to go out and create a swath of destruction across all mat nodes.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
This discussion has been closed.