Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Saving error. Transferring a character's name from one account to another.

Vitlick
Vitlick
Soul Shriven
I need help! The problem has not been solved for 3 months. You need to move the character's name from one account to another account. As a result, a character with this name is not created on another account, an error occurs: "save error". The name is not occupied, it can still be used on the old account. I have been waiting for a solution to this problem for three months. Technical support does not know anything, does not know how to do anything and does not give any explanation of the situation that has arisen.ylvmjw1j8czz.png

Edited by Vitlick on July 21, 2022 5:46PM
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have deleted old Alts so I could use the name on another account, and used name change tokens to use names on other accounts, both with no problems. It must be a glitch.

There are so many possibilities for new names If the technical people can't fix it.

Maybe someone else used the name in the meantime. Or you used the name at exactly the same time someone else pressed the create button using that name?

Unless the name is banned and they have new rules to stop it during creation. His name wasn't Abner.Tharn was it?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Vitlick

Do you currently have a ticket open?

If so, what is your ticket number?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Vitlick
    Vitlick
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @Vitlick

Do you currently have a ticket open?

If so, what is your ticket number?

ticket #: 220709-001024
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Vitlick

Thanks for the ticket number. Please check your forum inbox for an update.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Vitlick
    Vitlick
    Soul Shriven
    Mesite wrote: »
    I have deleted old Alts so I could use the name on another account, and used name change tokens to use names on other accounts, both with no problems. It must be a glitch.

There are so many possibilities for new names If the technical people can't fix it.

Maybe someone else used the name in the meantime. Or you used the name at exactly the same time someone else pressed the create button using that name?

Unless the name is banned and they have new rules to stop it during creation. His name wasn't Abner.Tharn was it?

Conducted an experiment with another name with the same error. I applied a name change token and as a result, "A system error occurred" the name was not changed, the token was applied, and when creating it, it writes that the name is occupied.
    If the name was occupied, I would have dropped my hands, but it is not occupied, I checked with a friend. There is nothing forbidden in the name