The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nocturnals Ploy Poll

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sluggy wrote: »
    And on another note, it looks like this set is going to make it to live with the 2 second duration. Expressing my true feelings will result in disciplinary action by the mods but suffice to say this is a GARBAGE DECISION by the combat team. If anyone knows of combat team members who actually PvP feel free to message me some @ names. Revenge if possible will have to be obtained in game during MYM.

I too originally thought this was oversight by a team that spends basically no time in Cyrodiil. But the more I thought about it the more I became convinced it was a push by management. I'm not going to mince words here: Many hardcore PvPers are notorious for not caring about chapter content. Many will purchase it only if there is some gear that will help them in PvP. Even then you likely won't get all of them to purchase it. This looks like a clever ploy to simultaneously 'nerf' oakensoul, claim that they made adjustments for fairness and at the same time push the need for the item even more.

I guess I could be wrong here. Who's to say? But if that were the case this is a tone-deaf decision on the devs part and clearly shows a lack of care, time, or effort given to pvp-content. Either choice is a viable one. Neither paints a good picture.

The set is available through Rewards of the Worthy. Which means it is base game and won't require anything even remotely related to purchasing the dlc.
    Options
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "just run Oakensoul lol"
    Either this, or move to no cp / no proc :disappointed: . But even if someone would run Oaken, then you will still lose expedition buff for example and in many cases this means certain death...

No proc is the way. I'm not going to be getting griefed by another toxic set that ZOS put in the game in spite of people begging them not to. Sad thing is, many months from now they will "adjust" it and pretend that we didn't tell them it was too strong from day one.
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    And on another note, it looks like this set is going to make it to live with the 2 second duration. Expressing my true feelings will result in disciplinary action by the mods but suffice to say this is a GARBAGE DECISION by the combat team. If anyone knows of combat team members who actually PvP feel free to message me some @ names. Revenge if possible will have to be obtained in game during MYM.

I too originally thought this was oversight by a team that spends basically no time in Cyrodiil. But the more I thought about it the more I became convinced it was a push by management. I'm not going to mince words here: Many hardcore PvPers are notorious for not caring about chapter content. Many will purchase it only if there is some gear that will help them in PvP. Even then you likely won't get all of them to purchase it. This looks like a clever ploy to simultaneously 'nerf' oakensoul, claim that they made adjustments for fairness and at the same time push the need for the item even more.

I guess I could be wrong here. Who's to say? But if that were the case this is a tone-deaf decision on the devs part and clearly shows a lack of care, time, or effort given to pvp-content. Either choice is a viable one. Neither paints a good picture.

The set is available through Rewards of the Worthy. Which means it is base game and won't require anything even remotely related to purchasing the dlc.

I think they are trying to say it's to encourage people to buy the Oakensoul chapter, even though Oakensoul is nerfed to counter NP and put a veil over the pay to win model.
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on July 27, 2022 2:48PM
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    Poor man's build, you think I actually give them expansion money anymore?

Either way you do it works. Future builds will be made with Nocturnal's Ploy in mind
    Options
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    This set is ridiculous. Use this set + kynmarcher and break pvp.
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
    Options
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I am biased. We all are. I dont like this set and neither should you.

i171pqeypg17.png

Will you still PvP if other players can remove Major and Minor buffs at will?

This set with Kynmarch....If you don't have oakensoul watch them fall...
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings, as we've removed a few non-constructive comments, please remember that while it’s all right to disagree or even debate with each other, provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. This is a friendly reminder that comments need to adhere to our Community Rules to avoid thread derailment.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should rework the set so it reduces the effectiveness of buffs by 5-10% as in it's current state it is very game breaking.
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
    Options
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oakensoul is not offered through RftW.
    Options
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nemeliom wrote: »
    This set is ridiculous. Use this set + kynmarcher and break pvp.

A stamplar will also provide minor breach and if you use a posion you can add additional minor debuffs making kyn with ploy and these minor debuffs all more potent against 2 bar builds.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oakensoul is not offered through RftW.

This thread and my comment were about Nocturnal's Ploy.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    15 second cooldown. Still going to be pretty strong, but not as oppressive.
    Options