The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Some Add-ons with API ver 101034 showing as Out of Date?

Ulfhethinn
Ulfhethinn
✭✭✭
I got around to updating my add-ons to the current version - yes I do it manually. I noticed several, even tho updated by the authors since Update 34, continue to show as out of date. I checked the API versions and they should be current, since 101034 is listed as the High Isle API version?

I know the out of date message isn't critical, but for Dolgubons lazy writ crafter, the mod overrides the crafting overlay that tells you how many of the resource you're crating with is remaining with it's own out of date warning (yes, I did update the dependency libraries, which sometimes say out of date, but other times do not in the addons menu). Urich's Skill Point finder has API ver 101034, but doesn't show out of date on my system.

I've noticed the news section of my launcher no longer loads, so I figured I'd do a full repair of the files just in case, but both that and the out of date remain. This is on win 8.1 64 bit, fully patched.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no need to change that, really.

I'm not sure what you say about Dolgubons addons as the addons cannot even read the api version from the txt file and I'm not sure what other checks the addon did that you need to change the txt files?

Inside the txt files the API Version lines only accepts 2 numbers max in the row ! So do not try to add 101033 101034 101035, this will not work. And do not use any separator characters, just a space. The line needs to start with
    ## ApiVersion:

But again, changing these to make the outdated info hide is just plain wasted time, believe me. Ignore it, at it should always have been ignored.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another idea: take a screenshot ingame and check the folder shown at the top right as the screen was taken. The folder shows you where the game expects the AddOns folder (1 folder above the Screenshots folder).
    Maybe you chafed the files but the game thinks the addons are located somewhere else.
  • Ulfhethinn
    Ulfhethinn
    ✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    There is no need to change that, really.

I'm not sure what you say about Dolgubons addons as the addons cannot even read the api version from the txt file and I'm not sure what other checks the addon did that you need to change the txt files?

Inside the txt files the API Version lines only accepts 2 numbers max in the row ! So do not try to add 101033 101034 101035, this will not work. And do not use any separator characters, just a space. The line needs to start with
    ## ApiVersion:

I understand there is no need to change it, as I said in my original post, but it seems like it's an issue nonetheless? Why are some addons with APIver 101034 showing as fine and others out of date? All I can say is the lazy writ crafter does know it's out of date, because it beeps at you every time it autocrafts and masks it's usual message of how many of a resource is left with it's own out of date warning.

And to be clear, I am not changing the API versions myself on Dolgubons, the 101034 is what is in the latest download from ESOUI. I did experiment with a less maintained addon, and I got it to show as no longer out of date (changed it from 101033 to 101034) - but just to be clear, this is not the issue, as it was something I tried before making this post.
  • Ulfhethinn
    Ulfhethinn
    ✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    Another idea: take a screenshot ingame and check the folder shown at the top right as the screen was taken. The folder shows you where the game expects the AddOns folder (1 folder above the Screenshots folder).
    Maybe you chafed the files but the game thinks the addons are located somewhere else.

They are in the correct location, otherwise the other addons I updated would still be showing out of date...
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

About Dolgubons: I do not know such out of date info ingame and never had it shown but I bet it happens because of LibLazyCrafting then being not the correct version. At least it is not due to any txt files, afai technically know. Check your libraries to be updated properly. If the message remains check the addon comments of Dolgubons and LibLazyCraftimg, maybe he got a bug in there and it is known already. Else ask in the addon comments at www.esoui.com where this comes from and how to fix it.

All the best with fishing in those txt files, but as I said before: it's fighting against windmills and nothing you should invest one single minute into. It won't help you at all and addons are not even techically able to bring messages based on that ingame! These txt files are handled before addons even load, and especially the API Version tag is information only.

Whatever issue you see here, I do not know. If some show as outdated after changing there txt files you either did not logout and close the client before changing the files, have a typo in the file, have more than 2 numbers in the line, the file encoding is wrong, or whatever happens there. Maybe dependencies are outdated and thus the addon shows as outdated (if ZOs implemented this meanwhile, but I did not read that had happened). Or any other magic happens that reverts your file changes at those txt files (antivirus blocked it as files are in the c:\users folder, etc.)

If this all is okay and it still shows outdated at the ingame addon manager report this to ZOs please add this is there code and responsibility. Use /bug ingame for this.

btw, you wrote:
    Examples please, which ones show as outdated? I'll have a look at their txt files, downloaded from www.esoui.com, and maybe I can see a reason then. Always better to check with valid examples.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 24, 2022 3:46PM
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After checking Dolgubons code you did not update the addons and the libraries as it seems. The code checks for the current game api version and in the addon there is the number 101034 (not in the txt files). But your number must be still lower in the addon code as the error message is shown to you, so you did not update the addons properly.

local currentAPIVersionOfAddon = 101034

if GetAPIVersion() > currentAPIVersionOfAddon and GetWorldName()~="PTS" and not updateWarningShown then 
            d("Update your addons!") 
            out("Your version of Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter is out of date. Please update your addons.")
            ZO_Alert(ERROR, SOUNDS.GENERAL_ALERT_ERROR ,"Your version of Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter is out of date. Please update your addons!")
            DolgubonsWritsBackdropCraft:SetHidden(true)
            out = function() end
            DolgubonsWrits:SetHidden(false)
            updateWarningShown = true
        end

Maybe the folder of the addons was wrong.
    Edited by Baertram on June 24, 2022 3:25PM
  • Ulfhethinn
    Ulfhethinn
    ✭✭✭
    I've figured it out. Despite the current version of the add on being in the correct folder, somehow the game still could access the older add on that I had moved to a new location. Getting rid of it (without changing anything in the live/Addons folder fixed the issue.
    About Dolgubons: I do not know such out of date info ingame and never had it shown

Try using an older API version of the lazy writ crafter - it very much has a window pop up and tell you the addon is out of date. This isn't some little text message, it's something clearly programmed into the addon.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have removed some insulting back and forth that was disruptive. Please ensure you are treating others with respect on the forums even when they have views that differ from your own.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good you've found the reason. Each txt file in the AddOns folder will be read, up to 3 subfolder levels too.
    Try using an older API version of the lazy writ crafter - it very much has a window pop up and tell you the addon is out of date. This isn't some little text message, it's something clearly programmed into the addon.
    Yes, as I wrote above I've found it already, thx. It's the code posted in my last post.
  • Dolgubon
    Dolgubon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ulfhethinn wrote: »
    I've figured it out. Despite the current version of the add on being in the correct folder, somehow the game still could access the older add on that I had moved to a new location. Getting rid of it (without changing anything in the live/Addons folder fixed the issue.
    About Dolgubons: I do not know such out of date info ingame and never had it shown

Just as a bit of a background: I added that code to ensure that people are running the current version of the addon. It means if someone is seeing it, they have not properly updated their addon, and I don't have to spend time wondering why something I thought was fixed is still broken, or why a feature I've added isn't there. As a side note, last patch actually broke parts of the addon. So if the message was not there, you would have seen bugs and would have had no idea what was happening.
    Relthion: CP810 DK Tank - vMOL HM, vHOF HM, vAS HM, vCR +2
    Malorson: CP810 Mag Sorc - vMOL HM, vHOF, vAS HM

Addons:
    Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter
    Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter