Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we at least get some sort of confirmation that BG queues are at least being thought about?

CameraBeardThePirate
CameraBeardThePirate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Despite the numerous tests on BG queues, the satisfaction among the people that play BGs the most is still pretty low. Not being able to choose your game mode is not only frustrating but causes toxicity among the already low battlegrounds player base.

ZOS, communication is important, and all we've gotten since the last test is a change that upset a lot of players and radio silence. Is anything being worked on for BGs? Any comment would be met with open arms by everyone. It is frustrating that despite the queue system still being a large point of contention, that nothing has been said or even addressed for multiple patches now.

Players just want two things: choice and communication. Would new game modes, maps, or systems be cool? Absolutely, but to be honest I think a large portion of the Battlegrounds player base would be more than satisfied with a "hey we hear your concerns about this and we're taking feedback". As it stands, it feels like Battlegrounds were kind of just abandoned after the last test. Please ZOS, just any sort of acknowledgement that our concerns are at the very least being heard would make a lot of players happy.
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    again, lack of queuing options is a side effect of poor population, which in turn is a side effect of many layered problems including: lack of pvp/pve split, 3 team BG, animation cancelling, overtuned builds, poor rewards trees and visualisations.

ZOS will know this, they can see other games that successfully implement BGs they just don't want to talk about something they are not prepared to invest in.
  • Magio_
    Magio_
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want clarification on the reasoning behind choosing to revert back to a fully random queue system for BGs after everything Rich Lambert said on stream.

It doesn't make sense.
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magio_ wrote: »
    I just want clarification on the reasoning behind choosing to revert back to a fully random queue system for BGs after everything Rich Lambert said on stream.

It doesn't make sense.

it makes sense, the population of the game is at deaths door, and will be until they fix the underlying issues. Queues etc are a side effect.
  • Magio_
    Magio_
    ✭✭✭✭

It doesn't make sense.

it makes sense, the population of the game is at deaths door, and will be until they fix the underlying issues. Queues etc are a side effect.

Population and queues don't get better by exploiting the majority to fill games for the minority.

Majority of people are Queueing for Deathmatch
    NOTE: Majority were QUEUEING Deathmatch. This has nothing to do with "Well, 1 DM person can pull 11 Random queuers into a DM BG so most BGs will be DM". It's a moot point because the MAJORITY were USING the specific Deathmatch option when queueing for BGs. It's data players can't see that was shared by the Creative Director.

Vast majority of games are DM because the majority of people are queueing up for DM
    AGAIN: I can't stress this enough because someone always brings up the moot point. It's about which queue option was being used by the players, not which game mode was spun up by the system.

Randoms won't start up (but DM will) if queues are separated.

Everybody else clicks DM only

[snip]

Meanwhile anything to do with casual topics:
    65708251405760f2d48d382f2db62b5f.png
    Makes one feel like a second class citizen.

[edited for minor bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 24, 2022 6:14PM
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game has major gameplay issues so there is no population. No amount of queue fiddling will EVER fix that. Its not the fault of DM players, and its not the fault of non DM players. Its ZOS at fault due to bad design choices and unwillingness to invest.
  • Magio_
    Magio_
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game has major gameplay issues so there is no population. No amount of queue fiddling will EVER fix that. Its not the fault of DM players, and its not the fault of non DM players. Its ZOS at fault due to bad design choices and unwillingness to invest.
    Clearly there's enough population to support a DM queue. Coming straight out of the Creative Director. Just ignore everything I said and keep blaming animation cancelling if you want though.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings all,

After removing a few off topic posts, we would like to ask everyone to keep posts on the subject at hand, as well as keeping things civil and constructive.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Virys1967
    Virys1967
    ✭✭
    I for one would definitely wait in a queue if I was guaranteed a Deathmatch.
    Waiting in a long queue just to play hot potato or guard your egg is an immense letdown.
    THEN to have people message you to remind you that it isn't a Deathmatch, like killing people in a PvP zone is taboo, is annoying [snip]
    This is why I don't even bother to queue up at all anymore, and when I do, I bet I'm not the only one that logs off if it's chaos or relic.
    If I wanted to play football or any other sport, I wouldn't be in ESO carrying a staff.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 25, 2022 4:20PM
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly there's enough population to support a DM queue. Coming straight out of the Creative Director. Just ignore everything I said and keep blaming animation cancelling if you want though.

look at all good AAA mmorpg with successful BG and you will spot the common themes that makes the format work. DM is a part of this but in a healthy AAA mmorpg its not the sole component, in fact its rarely the favourite format in a good game. For healthy long term pvp you need a healthy mix of BG gameplay options including dm. Selfish thinking does not help here, ZOS and the player base needs to think about the player base as a whole, not just a niche.

You want to know the issues, go ask a new player who has shunned BG after a few games and the answers will be pretty obvious.
    Edited by _adhyffbjjjf12 on June 25, 2022 4:05PM
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭

look at all good AAA mmorpg with successful BG and you will spot the common themes that makes the format work. DM is a part of this but in a healthy AAA mmorpg its not the sole component, in fact its rarely the favourite format in a good game. For healthy long term pvp you need a healthy mix of BG gameplay options including dm. Selfish thinking does not help here, ZOS and the player base needs to think about the player base as a whole, not just a niche.

You want to know the issues, go ask a new player who has shunned BG after a few games and the answers will be pretty obvious.

Put it this way, i pvp every single day in other games and have done for going on 20 years now, and its objective based PVP, however because the game is balanced and well designed with good reward structures the primary gameplay activity is fighting each other on point. In ESO there are many layers of issues that fundamentally detract from the game, and that's what needs addressed.

When a fraction of 1% of ESOs player bases wants to play BG then there's a problem Houston, and its not queues.
    Edited by _adhyffbjjjf12 on June 25, 2022 4:19PM
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

em less of the personal attacks, animation cancelling was 1 point amongst many, and was not even the most important one.

Rather than personally attacking someone (not good behaviour right?), consider the points made, i.e in this case, the issues have nothing to do with queue structure, the issues are around why BG gameplay is unattractive to the vast majority. Debating around queue forms and how important BG form X is over form Y does NOT help a dying format.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on June 26, 2022 5:02PM
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If getting a DM queue is completely off the table, it would be nice if we could have kills earn points in non DM modes. Like maybe 5 points per kill. That way everyone can contribute to the W however they please.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    again, lack of queuing options is a side effect of poor population, which in turn is a side effect of many layered problems including: lack of pvp/pve split, 3 team BG, animation cancelling, overtuned builds, poor rewards trees and visualisations.

ZOS will know this, they can see other games that successfully implement BGs they just don't want to talk about something they are not prepared to invest in.

Those other MMO's are the eso equivalent of spamming rapid regen in middle of a zerg. There is zero difference between you and a bot in those games. Zero sense of self accomplishment and dated combat system which are as slow as DOS Era games. Wow, BDO and new world fit are examples of such dated mmo's

Eso has lot of flaws and issues, however DM is hands-down the most popular bg mode.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If getting a DM queue is completely off the table, it would be nice if we could have kills earn points in non DM modes. Like maybe 5 points per kill. That way everyone can contribute to the W however they please.

Great idea! I've also said this before!
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont mind the random queue, but if i wanted to say specifically try to complete certain achievements it would be much better to pick a specific mode

you cannot say complete achievement for defending flags in a chaosball game for example

the other major problem i have with BGs is the absolutely poor AP gains (there is no AP gained during the match, just the 7-10k bonus at the end)

it also doesnt help my interest that ive already collected all of the gear and the vast majority of the outfit pages from BGs, so there isnt much there for me with poor AP outside of working on the achievements or just having fun with friends as i am not "competitive" player for pvp
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014