The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

The BOT problem will ever be fixed?

• Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the very early days of ESO Gamemasters would actually interact with players in locating and destroying bots.
    The screenshot I am posting is not my own, but I did see this sort of thing quite often.
    This type of interaction happened quite a lot and really needs to make a comeback.

b6edze8zqjb8.jpg
    Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often - BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • Virys1967
    Virys1967
    ✭✭
    Ulvich wrote: »
    In the very early days of ESO Gamemasters would actually interact with players in locating and destroying bots.
    The screenshot I am posting is not my own, but I did see this sort of thing quite often.
    This type of interaction happened quite a lot and really needs to make a comeback.

b6edze8zqjb8.jpg

I've always noticed the warning that real game masters will have a special icon next to their name.
    That icon has changed twice in the years I've been playing.
    Not once have I seen anyone with that tag.
    Not once.
    It's like were home alone and paying a monthly subscription, twice, to be ignored.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would love to meet Gamemaster Bot-Smasher in game and watch their work!
    Soupy twist
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Virys1967 wrote: »

b6edze8zqjb8.jpg

I've always noticed the warning that real game masters will have a special icon next to their name.
    Not once.
    It's like were home alone and paying a monthly subscription, twice, to be ignored.

They spent money to make the GM feature, and seemingly never used it. Certainly haven't in a long time. Wonder if it even works anymore.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Virys1967 wrote: »

b6edze8zqjb8.jpg

Not once.
    Game masters are not very efficient removing bots, they are more for seeing bugs who is best seen playing the game.
    I guess they often use anonymous GM who looks like players for this so they will not be swarmed with curious players while checking of an area has lots of lag 😺

If some is creating an new account, create an character and then immediately starting materials 24/7 its an bot you can easy spot with logs.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Game masters are not very efficient removing bots, they are more for seeing bugs who is best seen playing the game.
    I guess they often use anonymous GM who looks like players for this so they will not be swarmed with curious players while checking of an area has lots of lag 😺

If anything, they are completely invisible when in the game. There is no reason they even need to appear to other players.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

If anything, they are completely invisible when in the game. There is no reason they even need to appear to other players.
    Possible but its beneficial having an character then testing out bugs who can often be character related like can not access a quest objective. Yes they have their own internal test server, and the PTS but they don't have the player mass the live server have. Its not uncommon with quest bugs because to many players do them at once and this tend to sort it out once the pressure drops. Remember this well from the beta days and early live but can also happen on chapter releases.
    And dungeon finder always go down during DLC dungeon releases, sometimes you can not even leave group so if in an 4 man group its very smart to not use the dungeon finder first day.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still report them, even if it feels pointless sometimes.

Just out of interest, the people who ARE reporting bots, what category are you reporting them under?
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    opalcity wrote: »
    I still report them, even if it feels pointless sometimes.

Just out of interest, the people who ARE reporting bots, what category are you reporting them under?

I put them under cheating and exploiting
    Edited by fizl101 on March 21, 2023 7:43PM
    Soupy twist
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kieso wrote: »
    That sucks, never seen this on PC for some reason.

they were more noticeable on PC way early on but they crack down on the bots on PC a lot harder

every once in awhile ill still see the occasional bot train, but they are very very rare now (usually see 1 or less bot train a year nowadays)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haven't seen a bot train in ages but see plenty of individual bots in the starter zones, all sorcs with pets, all level 3, running from node to node in a seemingly programed route.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Techwolf_Lupindo
    Techwolf_Lupindo
    ✭✭✭
    PC does not seem to have this problem due to all consoles have free accounts. If a bot get banned, they just create a new free account on the same console. Can not do that on PC.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Haven't seen a bot train in ages but see plenty of individual bots in the starter zones, all sorcs with pets, all level 3, running from node to node in a seemingly programed route.

On Xbox na they'll (trains) will run circles around wayshrines, waving at everyone in sync, mounting in sync, saying "hi" in sync. Then port out. Seen it in craglorn, vulk, grahtwood. It's nuts.
    Edited by Lumenn on March 22, 2023 1:10AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »

All of the single bots are black-furred Khajiit with white manes and volatile familiars now.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The Game Master I saw in 2014 was very much visible. Seeing GMs in game acts the same as seeing mods on the forum or a cop on the side of the road, it’s a deterrent to bad behavior even if they aren’t doing anything.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC does not seem to have this problem due to all consoles have free accounts. If a bot get banned, they just create a new free account on the same console. Can not do that on PC.
    I say that is likely, PS4 has been hacked for years now.
    Solution is to demand console user id, not just the let them create new ESO accounts because they are logged in on the console. I'm sure other games do something like this.

Pretty sure the primary anti bot system is analyzing user activity in logs and this take some days to do.
    People do farms for hours watching netflix or youtube as an example so you need some data and its also likely this is an database batch job.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Game Master I saw in 2014 was very much visible. Seeing GMs in game acts the same as seeing mods on the forum or a cop on the side of the road, it’s a deterrent to bad behavior even if they aren’t doing anything.

Yes, the one I saw back in 2014 was visible, as well. We have been told that employees do log into the live server on studio accounts using a "special client", whatever that means. I presume these people are QA and TOS employees. No one ever sees them do this. This suggests that they are now invisible to us.

That deterrent cop sitting on the side of the road keeps the "honest people honest". I question effectiveness on anyone else.
    Edited by Elsonso on March 22, 2023 6:35PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is over a year old and been raised from the grave, it will now be closed from further comments.

For bots, we recommend reporting these players so our support team can investigate and deal with these accounts.

How do I report a player on console?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.